Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 12:04 AM

67 posts, read 24,390 times

Advertisements

This whole thing going on is just too much anymore. Is anybody else thoroughly sad about what has happened to the city? Is anybody else going to do the Florida or Texas move? The last topic about people fleeing the city was removed. Can this discussion continue with some maturity?

Old 12-28-2021, 01:26 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,431,701 times
Personally I like seeing a lot of people leave NYC. I wish many of them left sooner.

Old 12-28-2021, 03:01 AM

978 posts, read 676,081 times
It is sad what has happened to our state. We are outta here in the next 10 months. Lower taxes, lenient covid rules etc.

Old 12-28-2021, 04:49 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,953,110 times
The whole point of living close to the city was to go to the city from time to time. Enjoy concerts museums and such.
With kids required to be vaccinated to enjoy the city, I see no reason to stick around and I’m not planning to vaccinate my kids anytime soon.
Nyc is dead to me and I’m not even talking about crime and usual dangers.

Old 12-28-2021, 04:50 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,642 times
I wish this was the case. People move out and a bunch of Caleb's and Maggie's on the one hand and welfare sucking third worlders on the other hand move right in.

Old 12-28-2021, 05:31 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Most people are all talk. I left. And as soon as the kids grow up, we're going further.

NYC is so bad now, even NJ is noticeably better. When that is the case, you know it is bad.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Last edited by Airborneguy; 12-28-2021 at 05:49 AM..

Old 12-28-2021, 05:46 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,609,842 times
I’ve long been a huge cheerleader for the city and couldn’t see myself living anywhere else. I genuinely loved this place. But I don’t recognize the city anymore and I fear that NYC is now so addicted to COVID paranoia, that it will be permanently ingrained in the culture here. Covid is just going to keep coming back year after year. There will always be another variant, mutation, whatever. The fact that this city is panicking the most I’ve seen since the start of the pandemic, over what is turning out to be the least lethal strain of Covid, tells me everything. There will be a Covid panic every year for the foreseeable future, even when the new variant amounts to essentially a common cold. Everyone is freaking out because they all “know someone with Covid”, yet I don’t hear them subsequently express any true concerns for that infected person’s health - no asking for prayers, etc.….because they know that person will be fine after having the sniffles and a sore throat for a few days. So if they know that, then what exactly are they so afraid of?

And before anyone brings up the elderly or immunocompromised, a common cold (you know, a coronavirus) or influenza can also be equally devastating to them. Yet we don’t go into a collective panic over those illnesses.

Old 12-28-2021, 06:07 AM

675 posts, read 1,256,934 times
Lifelong NYC resident and with the city now being a medical tyrannical capital (in addition the rising crime and unaffordable col) for the first time I'm seriously looking to make an exist sooner than later

Old 12-28-2021, 08:30 AM

10,083 posts, read 14,463,858 times
NYC is the most resilient city in the US, if not the world. Never bet against New York, as the old saying goes.

Folks get fed up and leave and trickle out, but many, many more move in.

NYC life is unmatched anywhere else in the US, and folks move here to experience that way of life. If you get fed up with it, then you move away.

But the idea that NYC is "dying" because a small handful of folks move out, is not reality. The city is thriving, growing and becoming as dynamic as ever these days.

It's cool to see the city come back alive, with new energy and optimism.

Old 12-28-2021, 08:33 AM

2,448 posts, read 1,222,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
NYC is the most resilient city in the US, if not the world. Never bet against New York, as the old saying goes.

Folks get fed up and leave and trickle out, but many, many more move in.

NYC life is unmatched anywhere else in the US, and folks move here to experience that way of life. If you get fed up with it, then you move away.

But the idea that NYC is "dying" because a small handful of folks move out, is not reality. The city is thriving, growing and becoming as dynamic as ever these days.

It's cool to see the city come back alive, with new energy and optimism.
Just as long as your 5 year old is vaccinated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: