Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 12:33 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
People are bashing the politics, taxes and today's atmosphere which have degraded over the years and they have a right to their opinion. The whole state of NY like California has lost the magic for most due to liberal policies throughout the years. If you aren't affected by the high taxes, crime and homelessness than that's great but it does affect and concern others and they have a right to speak about it.
Thank you. For me, I’m voicing my concerns because I love NYC and I’m troubled by what it’s becoming. The whole mantra of, well if you don’t like it you can just move, sounds very similar to the redneck patriot stereotype of, “If you don’t like Amurica then you can git out!”

Old 12-28-2021, 12:40 PM

5,516 posts, read 8,762,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Most people are all talk. I left. And as soon as the kids grow up, we're going further.

NYC is so bad now, even NJ is noticeably better. When that is the case, you know it is bad.

The irony of this is that when your kids grow up, its entirely likely that they--and many of their peers-- will want to ditch the burbs and move to New York City. The young still love this city and probably always will.

Old 12-28-2021, 12:47 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
Thank you. For me, I’m voicing my concerns because I love NYC and I’m troubled by what it’s becoming. The whole mantra of, well if you don’t like it you can just move, sounds very similar to the redneck patriot stereotype of, “If you don’t like Amurica then you can git out!”
Going on a NYC forum isn't voicing your concerns. It's B*tching and Moaning. You want to voice your concern, good then go ahead and do it in a way that may make change actually happen.

Old 12-28-2021, 12:57 PM

317 posts, read 311,364 times
NYC real estate keeps going up. That means there's no meaningful outflow of people.

Old 12-28-2021, 12:59 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlex View Post
NYC real estate keeps going up. That means there's no meaningful outflow of people.
Exactly. People have always come here and left here. You don't want to be here fine, plenty of others will take your apartment.

Old 12-28-2021, 01:01 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
The irony of this is that when your kids grow up, its entirely likely that they--and many of their peers-- will want to ditch the burbs and move to New York City. The young still love this city and probably always will.
That's not irony. Irony is the most misused word in the English language.

Besides, the point is they would be adults. They can make their own choice where to live when they are adults, and I'll go where I have always wanted to.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-28-2021, 02:16 PM

785 posts, read 483,610 times
If you're White and/or Asian American working class/college educated over 40, there really is no reason to be living in NYC anymore.

Leave it to the 3rd worlders and local animals.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
NYC is the most resilient city in the US, if not the world. Never bet against New York, as the old saying goes.

Folks get fed up and leave and trickle out, but many, many more move in.

NYC life is unmatched anywhere else in the US, and folks move here to experience that way of life. If you get fed up with it, then you move away.

But the idea that NYC is "dying" because a small handful of folks move out, is not reality. The city is thriving, growing and becoming as dynamic as ever these days.

It's cool to see the city come back alive, with new energy and optimism.
Lol. Yea, right. Have ya seen the # of people getting infected with Omicron? This is the "new" NYC. Get used to it.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Ya'll are so miserable in NYC but then spend your spare time on a NYC forum.
I love NYC and always will. Do I hate some of the things that have happened in the last 8 years? Of course. But I believe you should always find the positive. If you can't find any then it's time to change your life so you can. Seriously you're so miserable here then leave. It's really not that hard to pack up and move somewhere.

Not surprisingly, you don't own property. If ya did, ya'd know it ain't that easy. Keep renting.

Old 12-28-2021, 04:24 PM

621 posts, read 240,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post

Rednecks be right sometimes. People whining about freedoms...well, exercise freedom and move. That's the beauty of America. There are 49 other states to relocate to. And if you love NYC so much but hate the politics and the mandates, run for office and do better. I am certainly one who would prefer better political choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: