Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 08:47 AM

11,853 posts, read 5,829,762 times

Advertisements

The city is growing with lib minded young people who moved there due to the rents coming down and wanted the NYC experience. With rising crime - the rents going back to preCovid rates eventually - you'll see those young people leaving - been there - done that.

The state itself is experiencing a huge loss of people who have lived here for years and finally said enough. I'm out of here in 9 months.

Old 12-28-2021, 10:37 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,149,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Most people are all talk. I left. And as soon as the kids grow up, we're going further.

NYC is so bad now, even NJ is noticeably better. When that is the case, you know it is bad.
I thought the same moving here. Clear difference. Im surprised some of the NYC Covid mandates did not follow.

I can see myself moving further away at some point though.

Old 12-28-2021, 10:44 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,265,775 times
The only way NYC will implode is if it goes bankrupt. COVID basically put it in track but the Feds bailed us out.

As long as NYC has the money it will stay NYC. Only bankruptcy or severe financial distress will force NYC to change. It's not happening anytime soon.

All of you can move out but others just take your place. The welfare state and the opportunities for young people from middle of nowhere, USA are just too enticing.

Old 12-28-2021, 10:56 AM

5,709 posts, read 2,627,371 times
Ya'll are so miserable in NYC but then spend your spare time on a NYC forum.
I love NYC and always will. Do I hate some of the things that have happened in the last 8 years? Of course. But I believe you should always find the positive. If you can't find any then it's time to change your life so you can. Seriously you're so miserable here then leave. It's really not that hard to pack up and move somewhere.

Old 12-28-2021, 10:56 AM

19,066 posts, read 13,995,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I thought the same moving here. Clear difference. Im surprised some of the NYC Covid mandates did not follow.

I can see myself moving further away at some point though.
Demonstrable difference, which I did not expect being only 10 minutes from the NYC border. As evidenced by frequent posts here, long-time NYC residents can't possibly fathom how life should be, and that it doesn't take a huge move to experience it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-28-2021, 11:01 AM

5,845 posts, read 2,967,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Ya'll are so miserable in NYC but then spend your spare time on a NYC forum.
I love NYC and always will. Do I hate some of the things that have happened in the last 8 years? Of course. But I believe you should always find the positive. If you can't find any then it's time to change your life so you can. Seriously you're so miserable here then leave. It's really not that hard to pack up and move somewhere.
Unfortunately for a lot of people who have to work in the city, seeing the positives is a bit difficult.
I suppose you could stay positive in a gas chamber, at least you wouldn’t be drowning right ?

Old 12-28-2021, 11:05 AM

5,709 posts, read 2,627,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Unfortunately for a lot of people who have to work in the city, seeing the positives is a bit difficult.
I suppose you could stay positive in a gas chamber, at least you wouldn’t be drowning right ?
I work and live in the city. The fact that you use a gas chamber example is not even close to funny.
You don't live or work in the city so why do you need to bash it all the time.

Old 12-28-2021, 11:35 AM

5,845 posts, read 2,967,245 times
Quote:
I work and live in the city. The fact that you use a gas chamber example is not even close to funny.
I grew up loving this city and I had a great time doing so. From architecture to museums, river cruises and all.
The frustration is with policies is what’s troublesome.

Old 12-28-2021, 12:22 PM

11,853 posts, read 5,829,762 times
Quote:
People are bashing the politics, taxes and today's atmosphere which have degraded over the years and they have a right to their opinion. The whole state of NY like California has lost the magic for most due to liberal policies throughout the years. If you aren't affected by the high taxes, crime and homelessness than that's great but it does affect and concern others and they have a right to speak about it.

Old 12-28-2021, 12:33 PM

1,913 posts, read 742,656 times
They should be bussing the illegals to NYC, not Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: