Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 10:53 AM

18,486 posts, read 31,694,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
They probably used GBH or Molly as it is known on the street to knock him unconscious. This was a very popular party drug in the 1990s-2000s party scene among straights. Apparently it must still be popular with the gays.

Not sure how common it is now but based I am puzzled how they were able to gain access to the bank accounts because aren't those password protected with 2 Factor authentication? I am very old fashioned and do all bank deposits IN PERSON at the teller. I will use bank branch ATMs ONLY for withdrawals and only for $200 max. Anything larger must be done at the bank teller's window. I also refuse any offer to use apps on my phone and religiously monitor my bank account online for suspicious transactions.

Same here. My withdrawls are only from my checking account and at 500.00 max per day, and I only keep in my checking account what I need for the months bills, the rest I keep in the regular liquid savings account.

I am 60, so I'm not up on all these modern things when to me I find the old fashioned way still works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 11:50 AM

2,647 posts, read 1,246,696 times
Quote:
They probably used GBH or Molly as it is known on the street to knock him unconscious. This was a very popular party drug in the 1990s-2000s party scene among straights. Apparently it must still be popular with the gays.
GHB and Molly are different. Molly is pure MDMA. While in small doses, GHB produces a similar euphoric effect as MDMA, in larger doses it incapacitates the person using it (similar to ketamine). That is why it was used, and known as, the "Date Rape Drug" back in the 90s-early 2000s.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:55 AM

2,647 posts, read 1,246,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Same here. My withdrawls are only from my checking account and at 500.00 max per day, and I only keep in my checking account what I need for the months bills, the rest I keep in the regular liquid savings account.

I am 60, so I'm not up on all these modern things when to me I find the old fashioned way still works.
I have a few decades before I reach 60, but I also share your sentiment on money transactions and technology.

What do people possibly need to buy so desperately for them to consolidate all of their financial information into a device so that they could streamline the buying process?

How strong is the need for instant gratification that people are doing this now? Do they really need to save the 30-45 seconds it takes to put in their CC info while making an online purchase so that they could rush back to binge watching some series on a streaming service or post memes on social media?

Old 06-01-2022, 12:14 PM

18,486 posts, read 31,694,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I have a few decades before I reach 60, but I also share your sentiment on money transactions and technology.

What do people possibly need to buy so desperately for them to consolidate all of their financial information into a device so that they could streamline the buying process?

How strong is the need for instant gratification that people are doing this now? Do they really need to save the 30-45 seconds it takes to put in their CC info while making an online purchase so that they could rush back to binge watching some series on a streaming service or post memes on social media?

YES YES YES YES YES YES AND YES.

OMG, Yes, I agree.
The, "I have to have it now", is insane.

once you have patience, everything flows thur...

I wonder if the boy got slipped the mickey in the bar, outside the bar, or how it was administered because he definetely had something in his system. I do feel very sorry for him.

being the type person that we have read about, it didn't seem likely that he would be a heavy drug user? IDK.....

Old 06-01-2022, 02:18 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,418,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Stay the eff away from Zelle and rest.

https://abc7news.com/zelle-scam-frau...ndez/11835348/

https://abc7.com/oc-college-student-...elle/11846830/

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...ment-promises/

"“Organized crime is rampant,†said John Buzzard, Javelin’s lead fraud analyst. “A couple years ago, we were just starting to talk about it†on apps like Zelle and Venmo, Mr. Buzzard said. “Now, it’s common and everywhere.â€

The banks are aware of the widespread fraud on Zelle. When Mr. Faunce called Wells Fargo to report the crime, the customer service representative told him, “A lot of people are getting scammed on Zelle this way.†Getting ripped off for $500 was “actually really good,†Mr. Faunce said the rep told him, because “many people were getting hit for thousands of dollars.â€

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/06/b...lle-banks.html
Are the banks doing anything to help prevent this from happened ?

Old 06-01-2022, 03:07 PM

3,352 posts, read 1,245,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post

to answer your question if my credit card gets stolen I really don't care, it's the bank's problem not mine.

Old 06-22-2023, 06:58 PM

6,695 posts, read 6,058,445 times
Well, they finally have a suspect...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-murders.html

Old 06-22-2023, 10:57 PM

2,334 posts, read 1,040,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Well, they finally have a suspect...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-murders.html
Lmao. The suspect is a religious Muslim based on the skullcap photos. You don't have to be an expert on Middle East studies to know how they feel about LGBTQ. And anyone who rushes to claim Muslims are gay tolerant are full of **** or obfuscation since their track record is well documented. Even and especially by their own preachers. Maybe this was the perps own way of expressing his religion.

Old 06-23-2023, 04:06 AM

9,249 posts, read 24,105,434 times
Quote:
Lmao. The suspect is a religious Muslim based on the skullcap photos. You don't have to be an expert on Middle East studies to know how they feel about LGBTQ. And anyone who rushes to claim Muslims are gay tolerant are full of **** or obfuscation since their track record is well documented. Even and especially by their own preachers. Maybe this was the perps own way of expressing his religion.
Or his self loathing because of his own repressed sexual desires.

Old 06-23-2023, 12:28 PM

6,695 posts, read 6,058,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Or his self loathing because of his own repressed sexual desires.
I find that many people who are very anti LGBT up to the point of hatred are actually closeted LGBT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City