Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 02:22 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I wouldn’t send my kid to those schools for free.
Plenty of good schools around without the snobbery or their super liberal agendas.

Go to a good school, make good connections. Connections come first in life. It’s who you know not what you know. Always was and will be that way.
NYU is known for connections.
What school do you send your kids to that have a better network for job placement, internships and alumni?
My impression is that the connections you make at that school are better than most.
Interested in knowing the schools you rank higher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2022, 02:38 PM

5,831 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
NYU is known for connections.
What school do you send your kids to that have a better network for job placement, internships and alumni?
My impression is that the connections you make at that school are better than most.
Interested in knowing the schools you rank higher?
Schools are were you make connections for sure, I just dislike the NYU.
When time will come we will select a school with values that align with ours since we will be paying for it.

Old 09-05-2022, 03:21 PM

821 posts, read 776,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Fordham also has a Manhattan campus on the Upper West Side, so your analysis is not quite accurate.
The big campus is in the Bronx. Not many big companies are recruiting from Fordham over NYU.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:44 AM

789 posts, read 487,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I wouldn’t send my kid to those schools for free.
Plenty of good schools around without the snobbery or their super liberal agendas.

Go to a good school, make good connections. Connections come first in life. It’s who you know not what you know. Always was and will be that way.
Amen. After spending 25 years in corporate America, I can attest to that! But I do think moving forward it won't be what school you went to or what grades you got but rather what color you are or what "victimized" group you belong to. Corporations are already starting with it. My prediction is that when the last generation of the "old white men" die off - the ones that run the boards of companies all over America for profit - companies will be judged not by financial success but rather things like DEI. Companies will be full of inept, incapable and unable individuals which will eventually ruin America's economy. Same said for the military. Give it 30 years.

Old 09-06-2022, 08:07 AM

1,059 posts, read 549,139 times
I've listened to Fordham's Sunday afternoon Irish music show for decades and the student hosts, mostly female, a few guys, always strike me as being very nice and down to earth. [WFUV 12-4pm]

Old 09-06-2022, 10:23 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
I've listened to Fordham's Sunday afternoon Irish music show for decades and the student hosts, mostly female, a few guys, always strike me as being very nice and down to earth. [WFUV 12-4pm]
Fordham wins for overall best college radio station.
Hands down.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:16 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
The big campus is in the Bronx. Not many big companies are recruiting from Fordham over NYU.
I don't disagree, but it all depends on what you are specializing in. Just attending NYU doesn't guarantee anything.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I don't disagree, but it all depends on what you are specializing in. Just attending NYU doesn't guarantee anything.
I agree but if money is not a concern, most people would choose NYU over Fordham. Most companies would recruit at NYU over Fordham.

I know that it’s a small sample size but only people I know from Fordham either majored in Sports Broadcasting or went to their law school.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Amen. After spending 25 years in corporate America, I can attest to that! But I do think moving forward it won't be what school you went to or what grades you got but rather what color you are or what "victimized" group you belong to. Corporations are already starting with it. My prediction is that when the last generation of the "old white men" die off - the ones that run the boards of companies all over America for profit - companies will be judged not by financial success but rather things like DEI. Companies will be full of inept, incapable and unable individuals which will eventually ruin America's economy. Same said for the military. Give it 30 years.
HockeyFanGuy/RussiaRussiaRussia/QueensGuy72, you never cease to amaze me with your comments

Old 09-06-2022, 12:23 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
HockeyFanGuy/RussiaRussiaRussia/QueensGuy72, you never cease to amaze me with your comments
Hahaha! Didn't realize Archie Bunker had so many names!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City