Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:02 AM

838 posts, read 1,215,620 times

Advertisements

Welder, although you are rubbing a LOT of NYers the wrong way, about 85-90% of what you are saying is RIGHT ON THE DOT. It's the stuff that most other people are afraid to say. However, if you would have changed your title ("NYERS NEED TO GET A GRIP") to something else...I think the responses on here would be a lot less war-like lol.
I neither love or hate NYC. I simply enjoy what it has to offer while I am here finishing college. For people who have lived in NYC their entire life...well, you will never change the way they feel about this city. They usually believe that NYC is the best thing out there...and hey, I'm even like that when it comes Southern Cali (not even specifically San Diego) . Although I am young, I too, believe NYC is a huge trend and that that is why people are willing to spend so much to live here. When they say there is culture...they are right..I don't think you can get anymore culture anywhere else in the US of A. I cannot imagine me continuing my life somewhere where the chances of me buying a home are so realistically low...but for some..that's the way of life.
Anyhow...I'm off to Central Park! It's way to beautiful to stay inside today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 10:05 AM

BTW I live in Corona..and I go to Flushing. THere is NO cultural diversity here lmfao. So please people. Corona is practically 100% latin and latin food..at the grocery store and at the food places. And Flushing mirrors that with the asian respect.
There is no variety here in Corona...if you're not latin..you have to make do with all of the fatty latin food that they cater to the community. Maybe that's why I'm starting to get fat like the rest of them. HAHAHA!

Old 08-16-2008, 11:32 AM

467 posts, read 1,686,902 times
There's an awesome Italian place in Corona, Page, by the Lemon Ice King. It might be on 108th or 110? Really good, but I can't think of the name at the moment.
Of course Corona is majority Latin food, but it's diverse in the type of Latin food :-). Good Colombian, Dominican, Ecuadorian, Argentinian. And you go next door to Jackson Heights and you have great Indian. Certain parts of Queens are known for certain ethnic groups and therefore certain foods. However, where I am in Astoria, my part of the area is filled with Egyptians, Brazilians, various Latinos, Indians, Greeks, etc. There are areas that are more diverse.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:36 AM

112 posts, read 326,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
Welder, although you are rubbing a LOT of NYers the wrong way, about 85-90% of what you are saying is RIGHT ON THE DOT. It's the stuff that most other people are afraid to say. However, if you would have changed your title ("NYERS NEED TO GET A GRIP") to something else...I think the responses on here would be a lot less war-like lol.
I neither love or hate NYC. I simply enjoy what it has to offer while I am here finishing college. For people who have lived in NYC their entire life...well, you will never change the way they feel about this city. They usually believe that NYC is the best thing out there...and hey, I'm even like that when it comes Southern Cali (not even specifically San Diego) . Although I am young, I too, believe NYC is a huge trend and that that is why people are willing to spend so much to live here. When they say there is culture...they are right..I don't think you can get anymore culture anywhere else in the US of A. I cannot imagine me continuing my life somewhere where the chances of me buying a home are so realistically low...but for some..that's the way of life.
Anyhow...I'm off to Central Park! It's way to beautiful to stay inside today
So many of us are from California.

Well, I haven't lived in New York for my entire life but I (and many others) KNOW New York City is the best city there is in this country and there is no denying it.

There is a reason New York City is hyped.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:49 AM

Ok Materialism lol...ok.
Anyhow, thanks for the jax78. Everyone keeps talking about this ONE italian place over here that I have never ran into..and I live right off of 111th. I have heard stories about this place from everyone but can't seem to find it...well not that I have been searching too hard. It would be a nice change.
And while we are on the topic of variety and diversity...is it just because a neighborhood is non-white that it is cultural and diverse??? Let's stop stepping around the bushes.
Some people think that BBQ, Burgers, and then and Irish Pub is great diversity..while apparently others think that Colombian, Spanish, and Peruvian (notice how I group them all) are diversity as well.
Why don't I hear about diversity in Harlem???? I think fried chicken is cultural. I like it.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:57 AM

Page, it's called Parkside.107-01 Corona Ave (108th St and 51st Ave) and it's right across from the Lemon Ice King..which if you haven't been there, you have to go on a hot summer day/night. :-)

Old 08-16-2008, 12:00 PM

Thank you jax78! I've got latin in me..but it sure beats having rice-based dishes everyday!

Old 08-16-2008, 12:04 PM

No problem. I think the last time I went there it was expensive though. Not somewhere you'd go to a lot because of the price, but the food is good. Old-school Italian style.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:10 PM

What's expensive ...10-20...30-40???

Old 08-16-2008, 12:23 PM

parksiderestaurant.com Look at the menus.

Looks like the pastas are around $10-15, so not bad, but some of the entrees are $20-$40. Lunch is cheaper. Now I'm in the mood for Italian. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City