Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 02:26 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times

Advertisements

So this is another story brewing in the media (as if we needed another tragedy). However, it should be noted that based on the evidence, the cops AND the public were in absolute and immediate danger and the shooting was well justified. These two men (both 18 or so), were in a club, and some raucus ensued and they pulled out guns began shooting, cops were on the scene and fired back, subsequently killing the boys, and now the mother is "demanding answers." My question to her is: WE DEMAND ANSWERS FROM YOU MOM! Why were your "loving" boys carrying guns? Why were your "loving" boys shooting at people (and cops)? Why did you not know your "loving" boys had guns, or were associating with the wrong types? This mom could care less that her kids had guns and were shooting at people in the street and cops, all she cares about is why the cops shot back!!!!! Absolutely preposterous....these kids are not victims..they are perpetrators, but these people and cops could have been victims..and she could care less. Mom of brothers slain by cops: I want answers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 02:30 PM

My ONLY question is this: Cops claimed that they identified themselves and ordered the youths to stop and drop their weapons. According to cops, the youths ignored this demand and charged forward shooting their guns. HOWEVER, both youths were shot and killed from the BACK, which would clearly refute the NYPD's version of the incident. Hmm...

Old 10-28-2008, 02:34 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
You know what they say live by the gun die by the gun.

I feel really bad for the mom more than anything. Losing two kids at once. Horrible, even if they were knuckleheads.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM

NYer...Knuckleheads? Knuckleheads are the losers who don't listen, cause trouble in school, like to fight etc. Knuckleheads are NOT people who carry guns and shoot people..those are murderers....stating they are knuckleheads makes it seem like they are simply kids being kids...which is FAR from reality. They were intent on shooting and killing people AND cops.so let's not whitewash this.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:41 PM

110 posts, read 309,066 times
I heard about that incident. They were killed on Rutland Rd. They were stupid. This was in Brownsville. I do agree with the cops on that one. Obviously she was a crappy mother (possible drug addict) who allowed her wild kids to roam the streets and do what THEY wanted to do instead of teaching the kids anything. Now she wants to blame the cops for the demise of her sons rather than blame herself and the "baby father." If they were killed by some thugs during that altercation, she would just go somewhere and be quiet. She would not snitch or go after whomever did it, but since it is the police, she wants justice. I've been through the little street drama, but I had a mother and a father who beat me down. I've been on the straight and narrow ever since.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:42 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
NYer...Knuckleheads? Knuckleheads are the losers who don't listen, cause trouble in school, like to fight etc. Knuckleheads are NOT people who carry guns and shoot people..those are murderers....stating they are knuckleheads makes it seem like they are simply kids being kids...which is FAR from reality. They were intent on shooting and killing people AND cops.so let's not whitewash this.
Your right.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:04 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,336,163 times
What probably happened was the boys laid down cover fire so they could escape once everyone was taking cover

As soon as they though the coast was clear, they high-tailed it and ran (turning their backs), at that moment the cops popped back up to answer with their barrage, and the bullets met their targets.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:33 AM

Makes sense NJ...either way I am annoyed that the Mom is demanding anything..she should be apologizing to the people who were at this club, the community, AND the NYPD. She can also DEMAND an investigation since they were in fact shot in the back, and no doubt the NYPD will investigate anyway. But to dismiss everything that HER kids have done, and the fact that they were intent on killing people, and somehow flip the script to her "loving" kids being the real victims here is a joke. She knows it...but she wants to get paid and so do the attorneys....the lawsuit is coming!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:42 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,687 times
I am not trying to defend her b/c there was obviously lack of parenting on her part, but damn, she just lost both her sons. I can't imagine; she is lashing out at the NYPD unfairly I agree, but Sobro, I think you need to cut her a little slack.

Most parents after having both of their children shot to death would not come out and say " well I know they were bad, and were carrying guns, and caused themselves to get shot". I am just not sure it is fair to expect her to act rationally, at least not at this point.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:08 AM

Yes I understand that there are emotional issues here that oftentimes supercede reason and logic...no doubt. But I cannot in good faith dismiss her utter lack of concern for those that her kids were TRYING TO KILL! How about those moms and dads who almost had their sons and daughters shot to death because of her kids? How about the total disregard for human life that her kids had? How many kids would have had to been injured, permanently disabled, and died for her to not consider her kids the "victims" here? 10? 50? Furthermore, if you believe that somehow this is something new, and that these kids were in fact Angels and somehow on this particular were possessed by demons you would be gravely mistaken. Mom knew what kinda kids she had/raised, she knew what they were involved in, and is not surprised by their actions...she is surprised that the cops shot back and killed them!!! Come on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City