Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:17 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Yes I understand that there are emotional issues here that oftentimes supercede reason and logic...no doubt. But I cannot in good faith dismiss her utter lack of concern for those that her kids were TRYING TO KILL! How about those moms and dads who almost had their sons and daughters shot to death because of her kids? How about the total disregard for human life that her kids had? How many kids would have had to been injured, permanently disabled, and died for her to not consider her kids the "victims" here? 10? 50? Furthermore, if you believe that somehow this is something new, and that these kids were in fact Angels and somehow on this particular were possessed by demons you would be gravely mistaken. Mom knew what kinda kids she had/raised, she knew what they were involved in, and is not surprised by their actions...she is surprised that the cops shot back and killed them!!! Come on!
Sobro, I am not dismissing her actions, her lack of parenting, or the fact that her sons were carrying weapons and were bad.

I am also not presuming to know her entire family dynamic as you are.

She just had both her kids shot in the back and killed, think about that for a second. How would you react? I am not saying her reaction is right, just understandable I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
I could not honestly answer how I would react because nobody knows until it happens. However, the 18 years BEFORE this happened would have given me a substantial amount of time to know who my kids are, what they are doing, and what they are involved in. So ultimately, the only thing she is upset about is the fact that the cops had the nerve to shoot back and kill her kids..and therein lies the problem I have with her. Her total disregard for everything else.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 AM

967 posts, read 2,995,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
Sobro, I am not dismissing her actions, her lack of parenting, or the fact that her sons were carrying weapons and were bad.

I am also not presuming to know her entire family dynamic as you are.

She just had both her kids shot in the back and killed, think about that for a second. How would you react? I am not saying her reaction is right, just understandable I think.
Have to go with Sobro. I think if they had been shot on the street by thugs, there would no story.

The citizenry are conditioned to demand "answers" [read: payday] when the police are involved. Sad that she lost her sons, but she bears a good bit of the burden for poor parenting. If I were a cop, and a gun were pointed at me, I'd fire back too. If the perp saw me draw down on them and turned away, so be it. The cops would be under even more pressure if they didn't fire and the kids turned their back to the cops and killed someone else.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:57 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,155,161 times
Sounds to me like those cops took out a couple of guys who NYC (and the world) are better off without. Bottom feeders. And of course, they only had a mom and no dad, and as always that mom is in denial. In some communities things just never change.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:04 PM

You guys are all looking at this the same way. Maybe b/c you are all men. I am just pointing out that the mothers point of view of HER sons would be different regardless of how bad they are, which she may or may not have known. And now they are both dead. So if she is being a little irrational, I can understand why.

Not to mention she is probably being force fed garbage from her friends and the media everyday telling her how horrible the NYPD is.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:15 PM

110 posts, read 309,066 times
I don't feel sorry for the mother at all. I feel more sorry for the misguided kids of hers than her. However the kids were actually grown a** men, so I really don't feel too sorry for them either. I feel sorry for the bystanders. I've seen mothers like this who allow their children to run rampant and allow them to disrespect whomever they want. Some parents even think it's cool for their children to be "lil thugs." If she really cared for those men they wouldn't be in the streets shooting at people (most likely over something very stupid). She would not be as vocal if they were killed by some drug dealer. She would have just "charged it to the game." But since it's the cops, she now has a chance to get lawsuit money, which is really unfortunate for her boys. I guess she's trading her kids for a possible "payday." I sure hope Al Sharpton doesn't get involved, because he never gets involved with street murders.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:20 PM

Okay I am obviously very out numbered here, so I will leave you all to continue on with the bashing of the mother who just lost both her sons thread.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:48 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
Rudbeckia this thread it not about bashing the mom..the whole situation is sad for everyone, it is sad for the mom, the kids, the cops, the bystanders..everybody. I cannot empathize with the Mom because as I stated before, nobody knows how one would react until it happens to them, however I understand why should would be acting irrationally..her two kids are dead. That being said, acting irrationally is one thing, demanding answers from the police when your kids are on an insane shooting spree and the police were FORCED to shoot them to prevent HER kids from killing them AND innocent people, is a whole other thing altogether. She should DEMAND answers from herself, and those people who surrounded her kids and helped put them in this situation in the first place. She should DEMAND an investigation, because her kids were shot in the back, which refutes the cops' story. However, she should not be DEMANDING anything from police officers who were called on the scene to protect people from her kids' shooting rampage...the answers she seeks are within her and her circle. Rudbeckia...there are no winners here, but I suspect she will be trying to cash in on the death of her violent/deadly kids. The only people are feel sorry for are the community members that are forced to live around people like this, and must put their lives at risk every day just walking outside the door.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:03 PM

110 posts, read 309,066 times
I live four blocks away from RJ's. That's all everyone talked about the next morning. It's hard for me to sympathize anymore.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:42 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,079,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
My ONLY question is this: Cops claimed that they identified themselves and ordered the youths to stop and drop their weapons. According to cops, the youths ignored this demand and charged forward shooting their guns. HOWEVER, both youths were shot and killed from the BACK, which would clearly refute the NYPD's version of the incident. Hmm...
You just answered your own question. The story sounded "strange" and this latest fact about being shot in the back confirms that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City