Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 12:22 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,575,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi9 View Post
The guy I was describing before came back into my life over and over again, even after we were not a couple--once to teach me the Alexander technique,
Sorry to be such a bashful, shameful prude, but is this a technique found in......er, physical intimacy manuals?

Old 01-19-2009, 12:44 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
You've probably heard this before and probably thought it was a bunch of crap like I once did but its true. How you feel about yourself is how people will feel about you. A guy with average (or even below average) looks can pull plenty of chicks (and yes hot chicks) if he is funny, knows hold to hold a conversation, street smart.

You should check out the Pick Up Artist.
True case - NOTORIOUS BIG!

That man was ugly as hell, but had reasonably attractive chicks fighting over him!

I am STILL perplexed by this.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:45 PM

456 posts, read 1,397,297 times
No, Miles... lol It's an innocent technique designed to naturally reteach the body to realign its posture--spine lengthening, relaxation, freeing the energy... Helps free the voice, relieve back pain, etc..

Hmmm... But now I am remembering this one Alexander session in which things almost did revert back to that spicy romantic energy between us. We were both determined, however, not to cross that line and repeat old lessons.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
No, Miles... lol It's an innocent technique designed to naturally reteach the body to realign its posture--spine lengthening, relaxation, freeing the energy... Helps free the voice, relieve back pain, etc..

Hmmm... But now I am remembering this one Alexander session in which things almost did revert back to that spicy romantic energy between us. We were both determined, however, not to cross that line and repeat old lessons.
LOL. Thanks Indi, I was just online trying to order a copy.....what with my inaccurate preconceived notion. HaHa, even if it were what I imagined, there's only so much theory in life that one can accumulate.

J/K, Indi.....some guys are taking me too seriously when I'm joking, I'm just injecting a little humor to your very serious, thought-provoking thread. Thanks again, Indi, for the thread.

Last edited by Moderate Guy; 01-19-2009 at 01:05 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Hey folks, OP here. No offense, and of course you have the right to take this thread into any direction that suits, but when I first raised the issue of the challenges of dating/romance in NYC I really did not have in mind pick-up artists. Anyone can learn to pick up any number of guys and chicks. What I am questioning here has more to do with the deeper "arts" of the heart. Many folks in show business--actors, rap artists, musicians, etc.--depending on their level of success and their level of charm (regardless of looks) will always be surrounded by a large cadre of "fans." We used to call them star-f******. Crass, I know. But so, imo, is this phenomenon.

Hey Miles, I know... I am such a Scorpio. Pretty intense, huh? But not without a sense of humor. I appreciate your humor. You know I do...

Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Hey folks, OP here. No offense, and of course you have the right to take this thread into any direction that suits, but when I first raised the issue of the challenges of dating/romance in NYC I really did not have in mind pick-up artists. Anyone can learn to pick up any number of guys and chicks. What I am questioning here has more to do with the deeper "arts" of the heart. Many folks in show business--actors, rap artists, musicians, etc.--depending on their level of success and their level of charm (regardless of looks) will always be surrounded by a large cadre of "fans." We used to call them star-f******. Crass, I know. But so, imo, is this phenomenon.

Hey Miles, I know... I am such a Scorpio. Pretty intense, huh? But not without a sense of humor. I appreciate your humor. You know I do...

Thanks for your first paragraph as I believe some misundersttod the purpose of your thread - even though from the title one should clearly know what you intended.

BTW, I'm a Scorpio also - November 4.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 PM

Ah ha! I knew you were a kindred spirit. Mine is November 7. lol

Old 01-19-2009, 01:45 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,807 times
i think Indi and Miles should go out on a date!!! heheh ok sorry but I just had to say it. =)

I think dating can be hard in NYC, but I think it's hard everywhere. I'm from NY so i've never had problems meeting people here. I can imagine for someone coming here from out of state it might be really hard. You have to put yourself out there, whether it's online dating, joining a club, social group, something you are interested in, going to school, going out with different people, etc.

I was with someone since I was 18 on and off for six years. I was settling though because I was scared of being alone, or of not finding someone better; however, settling is the WORST thing to do. I'd rather be alone. I learned and grew and actually recently met someone and I can't even explain how strong our connection is. I have NEVER felt like this. It's sad that I wasted years of my life.

So I just have to say for those who are alone, it's really much better to be lonely while you're single and alone, than to be LONELY IN A RELATIONSHIP. So many people who are single really want someone, and that is understandable, but it seriously is much, much better to be alone and happy with yourself than miserable with someone else. =)

I believe in soul mates, but not just in a romantic love way. I think friends, family members, etc can be soul mates. It's just a special bond and connection with someone.

Anyway, dating can be frustrating and hard, so I wish everyone the best!!! It's possible though. Never try to look for someone to complete you though; you have to complete yourself and be whole before ever really finding love.

This thread was a good read. =)

Old 01-19-2009, 01:59 PM

Hey jax. Your post is a good read, too. Definitely a keeper. Thank you for your perspective. I remember what it feels like to be lonely in a relationship, and it sucks, no doubt. I am keeping a candle lit, nonetheless, for the right relationship on this leg of my journey as I continue on this path of being my whole and most definitely complete self. I am loving this thread.

And, ok, as for going out with Miles, I am steering clear of that cute little suggestion. lol. Too many CD women have crushes on Miles. They'd probably hunt me down and kill me.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax78 View Post
i think Indi and Miles should go out on a date!!! heheh ok sorry but I just had to say it. =)

I think dating can be hard in NYC, but I think it's hard everywhere. I'm from NY so i've never had problems meeting people here. I can imagine for someone coming here from out of state it might be really hard. You have to put yourself out there, whether it's online dating, joining a club, social group, something you are interested in, going to school, going out with different people, etc.

I was with someone since I was 18 on and off for six years. I was settling though because I was scared of being alone, or of not finding someone better; however, settling is the WORST thing to do. I'd rather be alone. I learned and grew and actually recently met someone and I can't even explain how strong our connection is. I have NEVER felt like this. It's sad that I wasted years of my life.

So I just have to say for those who are alone, it's really much better to be lonely while you're single and alone, than to be LONELY IN A RELATIONSHIP. So many people who are single really want someone, and that is understandable, but it seriously is much, much better to be alone and happy with yourself than miserable with someone else. =)

I believe in soul mates, but not just in a romantic love way. I think friends, family members, etc can be soul mates. It's just a special bond and connection with someone.

Anyway, dating can be frustrating and hard, so I wish everyone the best!!! It's possible though. Never try to look for someone to complete you though; you have to complete yourself and be whole before ever really finding love.

This thread was a good read. =)

Dear God, did I die and go to heaven to hear such words of wisdom, such flowing verses of truth, honesty, such soul-searching, baring of one's innate feelings and experiences to help others - from such wonderful posters like Indi and Jax?

Such intimate and emotionally moving posts from such beautiful women- as evidenced by their pics on another thread - is proof enough that here in NYC we've got the hottest chicks - intellectually and physically! Now, who can beat such a combo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City