Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 09:35 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times

Advertisements

Human babies scare the crap out of me. I'm way better at caring for animal babies. I always told my neighbors I'd take their shorties when they were house broken. Did you ever change a diaper on a three year old? It's disgusting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 10:21 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Human babies scare the crap out of me. I'm way better at caring for animal babies. I always told my neighbors I'd take their shorties when they were house broken. Did you ever change a diaper on a three year old? It's disgusting
Lol, but somebody changed yours when you were a kid.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:51 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Dogs don't talk.
Again, I'd love to know where these mute dogs live, because it's certainly not my neighborhood.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:01 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Babies smell awful in so many ways, and are an endless source of wet. I have never once wanted to touch a baby. I am not, and have never wanted to be, a parent.

Dogs, on the other hand, I stop and talk to all the time. I like fully grown dogs just as much as puppies, for what it's worth. I don't discriminate. I like cats, too.

Also, dogs don't annoy me in restaurants. I wish it were just as illegal to bring children into restaurants as it is dogs.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:18 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Pets VS kids.

I never had to write an excuse for my dogs.
My dogs never need a ride to the mall.
My dogs don't need new clothing, but I do buy them cute outfits.
My dogs don't need a college fund.
My dogs don't need an allowance or a bank account.
My dogs don't throw temper tantrums or have melt downs.
My dogs love me unconditionally.
My dogs eat once a day.
When it is time for bed, my dogs willing go in their crates. (OK there is a snack involved.)
My dogs don't pester me.
My dogs don't blow snot bubbles.
I never have to tell my dogs to get off the phone, or the Internet.

Dogs rule and kids also drool.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:19 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
I don't care for the things involved in raising kids, like buying school clothes, sitting through t-ball practice, parent teacher meetings, yadda, yadda...... I just don't have the patience for all of that. With dogs it's easier, take them to the vet a couple times a year, buy them food and treats and they're happy.

I took my sister's kids on vacation one year and vowed I'd never do it again.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:48 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
My dogs are 100% smart, do exactly what I tell them to do, never back talk. They are clean, they stay put, they arent sneaky (except for one that will take an egg out of the egg bucket every day for a snack, but only one, so thats okay).

The are content and happy to sit with me.

They will never turn on me and hurt me, and they are thrilled when I come home from work every day.

Kids dont.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:57 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Lol, but somebody changed yours when you were a kid.

Did any of us ask to be born? Actually picking up dog poopie is equally as disgusting. I actually love kids and tend to think of dogs and shorties as interchangeable. Dogs are just kids trapped in dog clothes, and babies are a lot like puppies. Eat, sleep, play and poop. Both are pretty cuddly too but dogs have a slight edge for me.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:15 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,524,257 times
I see so many miserable people with kids. I don't see too many miserable pet owners, especially dog owners. The childed folk seem to resent the childfree by choice folk. You see it at restaurants, in parks, in movie theaters, etc. In the workplace this resentment is the most obvious. I say this: LIVE AND LET LIVE. You wan to be a parent, great.That's on you. LEAVE OTHERS WHO DON'T THE F* ALONE. We don't owe you anything.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 736 times
I think the question has more to do with cuteness factor? Puppies are supposed to possed baby-like features such as big foreheads, round eyes and some of their sounds may even remind us of human sounds. We are drawn to these characteristics because its in our nature to nurture our own babies. But some people may adore puppies while disliking human babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships