Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,569 times

Advertisements

Dogs vs kids. . .

I don't need to have a 142 page parenting plan when I pack up and leave with my dog, and then pay thousands of dollars to a lawyer to keep him.

The worst expense I have ever had with my dog was surgery (luxating patella) that was $1,800. Which is what about one month of child support and day care would be if he was a kid and mommy got custody of him - for 18 years.

My dog doesn't need to go to college and I don't think he would get accepted anyway if he applied since he has the mentality of a 2 1/2 year old. So I don't have to spend over a decade saving for that.

I'm a dad with a Maltese. If I was a dad with a kid, it would seriously interfere with my ability to meet and have sex with new women since hot women subconsiously (without admitting it) seek out men that do not have kids since they do not want to deal with the baggage and related issues.

I don't have to tell my dog to do his homework, clean his room, teach him about life or be any kind of parental role model for him. He parties just as hard as I do and doesn't mind launching on a two day road trip to a drop zone and hanging out on the landing field waiting for dad to get back.

Children are inherently selfish until they develop the cognitive functioning responsible for empathy and compassion. Some don't and I do not want to have to deal with another person that was neuro-chemically wired wrong. I've been with adult women like that and it's not fun. I can't imagine being responsible for another human being that requires me to take care of it well into adulthood.

As a child and young adult, I was an out of control and wreckless rebel, never played by the rules and never answered to anyone, ever. My vasectomy has prevented God from playing some kind of cosmic joke on me by making me be a father to a xerox copy of myself as a form of punishment for all of the stress I caused family members that care about me. It would be like part two of a movie. . . . . The Skydive Outlaw has procreated. Starring in 'SKY-O II: Vengeance Rising'

And, I can leave my dog at a boarding place on a days notice, and use a free flight pass given to me by a flight attendant and meet her in a sunny, tropic location to spend a few nights redefining the meaning of the word orgasm over 50 different ways. I can't imagine how I would work out the logistics if I had a kid on even half of the stuff I do. I would probably need a live in nanny to take care of things like making the kid go to school, doing his laundry, hanging out with him and taking him places like the zoo or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 11:37 AM

663 posts, read 1,145,327 times
The ugliest puppy I have ever seen is still cuter than he cutest kid I have ever seen.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
The ugliest puppy I have ever seen is still cuter than he cutest kid I have ever seen.
LOL!!! And so very true.

Puppies vs. babies... puppies much cuter and less maintenance. No diapers to change. Puppies are much sturdier. They are up and running right away. Puppy breath is much nicer than the smell of baby puke or soiled diapers. No need to worry about diaper rash either.

Puppies/dogs vs. kids... Kids are way too expensive. They are also argumentative and throw tantrums. Dogs have more commonsense than children. Children can cause more expensive damages. Children just cost more. And dogs are still much cuter than human children.

And people ought not to be making babies and raising them if they can't afford to do so on their own or... if they have any doubts about their commitment to raising them well.

I see too many bad parents out there. And hardly any good parents. And it's not just about the money or lack of it, but how they are instilling their kids with good values, commonsense and a desire to learn for the sake of learning and not for monetary compensation.

And to those to feel that it takes a village to raise a child, well I resent my tax dollars going to pay for your public schools and subsidizing those who can't afford to have a family. Plus the fact that I have no input to correct your bad parenting. The "village" is not there just to throw money at your family.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,185 times
Some people like me are afraid to bring children into this world full of suffering and pain. The thought of bringing another human life into this planet comes with a lot of responsibilities, time and dedication.

It's hard to give a quality life to another person when it's difficult to financially support oneself.

Life's tough, and I would only want what's best for the child- I just hate the thought of misery that comes with the cycle of life where existential issues concern.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Some people like me are afraid to bring children into this world full of suffering and pain. The thought of bringing another human life into this planet comes with a lot of responsibilities, time and dedication.

It's hard to give a quality life to another person when it's difficult to financially support oneself.

Life's tough, and I would only want what's best for the child- I just hate the thought of misery that comes with the cycle of life where existential issues concern.
Great post. If only some people had that kind of foresight. Most don't.

Furthermore, it seems to be those who should be having children aren't, and those who shouldn't be having children are.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:25 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
Wow. And I sooo disagree!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Puppies vs. babies... puppies much cuter and less maintenance. No diapers to change. Puppies are much sturdier. They are up and running right away. Puppy breath is much nicer than the smell of baby puke or soiled diapers. No need to worry about diaper rash either.

Puppies/dogs vs. kids... Kids are way too expensive. They are also argumentative and throw tantrums. Dogs have more commonsense than children. Children can cause more expensive damages. Children just cost more. And dogs are still much cuter than human children.
It's so clearly a simple issue of those people that are animal lovers that don't like kids v.s. those that are kid lovers that don't love animals. I'm a kid lover, and I love some animals...certainly not all. I assure you that my 19 years with my son has been far more joyful than 19 years with ANY animal ever could be.

Quote:
hardly any good parents.
You aren't looking very hard.

Quote:
And to those to feel that it takes a village to raise a child, well I resent my tax dollars going to pay for your public schools and subsidizing those who can't afford to have a family. Plus the fact that I have no input to correct your bad parenting. The "village" is not there just to throw money at your family.
Those kids are the ones that will be making laws that you, and everyone, will have to live by. They will be a part of society, providing critical services, as well as teaching the next generation. THAT is why we all share in the cost and benefits of education.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:36 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Reminds me of the bumper sticker:

STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BREED

It says nothing about canines.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Dogs vs kids. . .

I don't need to have a 142 page parenting plan when I pack up and leave with my dog, and then pay thousands of dollars to a lawyer to keep him.
Too much silliness there to respond to. I never needed a "142 page" ANYTHING to take with me. My son was my travel partner around the world and on a couple of cruises to boot...no dog could ever have provided such perfect company. My ex didn't pay a CENT to a lawyer...I paid every last damn penny for the separation and divorce...and he didn't even pay child support for 5 years because I didn't need it, and I didn't want it to be an issue between us, and he was a cheap-skate to boot.

You don't know the half of what goes on in the real world.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Reminds me of the bumper sticker:

STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BREED

It says nothing about canines.
STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BREED CANINES.

There you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships