Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,392,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
if u dont feel like keeping that dog anymore you can pretty much drop him off anywhere and be free of it,
Good God, I hope to you never have a dog. "Drop them off anywhere?"

OMG.... speechless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePugx3 View Post
I don't know about this.....I've known people who don't like kids and don't fit this description at all. They are usually smart enough to not reproduce or date/marry someone who has or wants kids. Just because someone doesn't like kids, it does't make them what you've described. One example is one of my aunts. Doesn't care for kids and chose to not have any. I don't believe this makes her selfish at all. She knows herself and did what's right for her. She is the furthest thing from rude, one of the nicest people I know.

Why is someone selfish for not liking kids?
Ok some People may not be cut out for it. Or choose not to have extra expenses. Or like the life they live and choose to keep it that way.

Some people I met are very selfish and all about themselves. They couldn't possibly have time for another. It takes a lot of give and less take with a child. Many can't handle it.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Hands down, the most spectacularly inaccurate post ever on this Forum. And the competition for that "prize" is fierce indeed.

Anyone who would think "when pets die it's not a big deal" is beyond saving.
I agree. Anyone who would make those assumptions about me doesn't know me at all.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Wow...so many assumptions and way off base.
Oh really? I'm entitled to my opinion. Just like you are. So back off.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:25 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh really? I'm entitled to my opinion. Just like you are. So back off.
You made a lot of ugly, insulting assumptions about people who happen to like dogs better than kids. Quite frankly, you should know how hard the loss of an animal hits me.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
The more I am around people and more posts I read here, the more I love my dogs and birds. They are better behaved than many children running about.

I don't go around touting how much better the human spawn are compared to my critters.

I do at least, understand there is a thing called preference. You don't like my preference that is not my problem. Nor do I think your choice is bad.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
You made a lot of ugly, insulting assumptions about people who happen to like dogs better than kids. Quite frankly, you should know how hard the loss of an animal hits me.
I know you love your dogs as I love my child. I am not an evil person, just heated. Sorry to be a b*tch.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Just last week, here at work, I heard people oohing and aahing out in the lobby and saying in high voices, "Oh he's so cute" "Yes! Aren't you so cute?"

I perked my head up. Puppy? Someone must have brought in a puppy! Hooray! I ran out to the front desk...

Then I was crushed.

Crap, just a stinkin' baby. No puppy.
Haha this is so me. I've never felt the urge hold or ogle a baby. But puppies? I cannot resist picking them up, playing with them, etc. They are just irresistibly cute.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The more I am around people and more posts I read here, the more I love my dogs and birds. They are better behaved than many children running about.

I don't go around touting how much better the human spawn are compared to my critters.

I do at least, understand there is a thing called preference. You don't like my preference that is not my problem. Nor do I think your choice is bad.

More I Love My Dog By Carrie Underwood - YouTube

Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
My life's goal is to be the man my dogs think I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships