Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 10:47 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BREED CANINES.

There you go.
Well, just like people...
there are dogs that stupid people breed: pit bulls, and
there are dogs that smart people breed: herding/working dogs, such as border collies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 AM

84 posts, read 245,855 times
You don't have to wipe a dogs ass or listen to it cry. It will never grow up to hate you.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:28 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,019 times
Sicko thread. One more proof that C-D has a larger share of fringe and abominable minds than the real life. ::shudder::

Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Human babies that is. Just trying to understand.

Some ppl just dont like kids. Some dont like animals. I dont see any connection. I like both. I guess some dont like either.

Quote:
I'm a dad with a Maltese. If I was a dad with a kid, it would seriously interfere with my ability to meet and have sex with new women since hot women subconsiously (without admitting it) seek out men that do not have kids since they do not want to deal with the baggage and related issues.
Im sorry I couldnt pass this up, but you are not the dog's dad. It irritates me when pet owners refer to their pets as their babies or kids and to themselves as their pets mommy or daddy. I get ppl find advantages to having pets over children, but pet ownership is not parenting, not by a long shot.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:43 AM

688 posts, read 652,606 times
Dogs have been bread for thousands of years to carry the traits we find desirable. Other than teaching a dog to crap outside and not beg for food, all of the good things about a dog just kind of happen. With minimal work your dog would give its life for you; kids require you to give yours to them.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM

865 posts, read 1,489,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
8 hours?? Actually, if you keep the puppy in a crate that long, it could be considered inhumane. I went to a shelter to adopt a puppy and when we told them the puppy would be alone for a maximum of 6 hours, they turned us down.
AS opposed to what...leaving the dog at the shelter and having them caged up for 24 hours straight, day in and day out till they get put to sleep, without any love. Really brillant!

Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,224,162 times
No no! I get the question (really not sure may of the others have).

When I see a human baby...you know, its cute, its alright. I'm not a hater but its not a super strong reaction of wonderfulness.

When I see animals, any kind really and of course young animals. I melt, I have all those strong reactions and emotions that most people have when they see human babies.
I have noted this for a long time and have no idea what to make of it? Nature? (genetics) Nurture? (some dysfunction in the way I was raised). Some singular combination of Nature and Nurture? I have no idea. I just know its true.

Animals make me melt. Babies don't. I just wish people didn't judge so much about it. People get really suspicious of people who don't just luuuuuvvvvvvv babies.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:21 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
Dogs don't talk back. You can put them in a crate when they get annoying, and out in the yard when you want to leave for the day.

Dog or baby? Dog! Hands down.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:23 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,559 times
I can't say I have ever met anyone with this outlook O.P.!

However I recall a group speaking of their children and behavior when someone chimed in about their pet and compared it to children which I was like WTF! Why would you ever bring up your pet when someone is speaking on their children!
Just rubs me wrong.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:15 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
I think puppy's/dogs are very accepting of who you are no matter what, they do not talk back, you can leave them at home alone and not have CPS at your front door, their cheaper to feed, no braces, no college, and they are always happy to see you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships