Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:44 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithhiee View Post
I honestly don't want to move out for any other reason other than the fact that i feel like a burden here. my mom has basically given up on me. I broke her heart with what i did and i really wish she would forgive me but she made it clear that she isn't looking to forgive or forget what i have done. generally, i would stick it out. i would stay here until it was an appropriate time to leave. but its gotten to the point where im not even welcome to eat dinner with my family. im not allowed to go anywhere with them, they won't talk to me, they all hate me. and i have a large family. I have 4 brothers and 3 sisters. so having so many of them look at me in disgust every time the get the chance really isn't something i can bare any longer. the don't care to go to counseling and I do not personally know anyone at my church that can help me. i just can't do this by myself.
Honey, my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry things are this rough for you and that you don't appear to have much of a safety net.

Is there a counselor at your school you could confide in? You need an adult in your life to go to bat for you and maybe intervene.

It sounds like what you did was pretty serious and that your mom in particular is VERY upset. There is always a chance she will calm down and things will improve given a little bit of time, especially if you work hard to let her know how sorry you are for your wrong actions. Perhaps you could just lay low a while - take the cold shoulder from everyone and just wait for things to improve?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,320,136 times
and look pitiful when you sit at a little table by yourself eating dinner.

that sad look got to me everytime.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:37 PM

115 posts, read 179,187 times
Agree with everything said. Try to just be pitiful and sorrowful. If ever given the chance, say how sorry you are, over and over.... I know it sounds terrible, but it will make a difference.

Keep us posted.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 PM

14 posts, read 30,308 times
Thank you guys all so much for replying. I think i will try to stick it out for a few more weeks, maybe a little longer, and then if it gets worse i suppose i will just plan to move out. Which, i think maybe i could get an agreement with my mom if it does get worse since she doesn't really want me at the house now.
I appreciate all the replies too! they are really helping me see this from different points of views,considering some of you all are mothers, which i need in order to see all the different angles of this situation. wish me luck please.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 AM

Sounds good.

It is hard to stay angry for long periods of time. It takes a lot of negative energy and affects your entire life and your health. I know people can and do, but I'm hoping your Mom will let some of her anger subside with time.

Please come back and update us when you can.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 PM

14 posts, read 30,308 times
well today my mom actually came up to me (first time in 2 weeks). she told me that im no longer welcome here.. so, i guess im moving out today since she doesn't care where i go as long as i go.
that was a little easier than i thought it would be :/ but, at least we all don't have to deal with each other anymore. Thanks for the advice you guys.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:59 PM

97 posts, read 315,782 times
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through such a tough time right now. Although I have a good relationship with my parents now, we were in a constant battle through my teen years. I was the victim of abuse that they didn't know about, so I was a very angry kid. They thought I was just bad and didn't know I was hurting. They sent me to the Childrens' Home in Winston-Salem and I stayed there over a year. I was angry at first that they sent me away but it turned out to be one of the best years of my life. I made new friends, I had structure and guidance and family counseling was provided as well. I know this may not sound like something you'd want to do, but it's not a work camp or a place for "bad" kids. It's a place for kids whose parents cannot provide for them financially, emotionally or whatever reason. Parents who place their children there do not forfeit legal guardianship and are not required to pay. (When I went there, parents were asked to help out financially based on their income but it was not requried.) Here, you'll have the support you need and you'll be able to finish school- it's in the Reynold's High School district.

If your mom is unwilling to allow you to live with your sister, you might want to at least consider this option. It seems like yesterday when I was a 17-year-old girl and now I have an 18-year-old daughter myself so my heart goes out to you. Here's a link if you'd like to get some more information. The Children's Home

Good luck to you and I wish you all the best!

Old 05-23-2012, 02:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithhiee View Post
well today my mom actually came up to me (first time in 2 weeks). she told me that im no longer welcome here.. so, i guess im moving out today since she doesn't care where i go as long as i go.
that was a little easier than i thought it would be :/ but, at least we all don't have to deal with each other anymore. Thanks for the advice you guys.
OH NO!! I am so sorry things took a turn for the worse. I cannot imagine what your mother must be thinking

Have you tried to apologize to her for whatever you did wrong? Maybe she just feels like you aren't showing any remorse?

The good news is, your older sister will still take you in right? And at least your mom won't fight you being with her now I guess

Keep talking to us here honey, we care

Old 05-23-2012, 02:55 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,735,648 times
Suck it up apologize again and again, let your actions speak much louder than your words. You are only 18, you have no clue what pressure, stress, or anxiety are.

OBTW, from all of my experience, emancipation is just a long word for loser. Don't be a loser, make it right with your mom. Crawl, grovel, beg, plead. Try going to church, one where love is preached, not intolerance.

Good Luck.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:50 PM

Oh Faith, I am so sorry. Where are you? Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro?

Please let us know if you are able to go to your sister's house. If not, Laney's idea sounds like a good one to check out. You do not want to be out on the streets.

I'm not sure it is legal to turn out a minor child to the streets. When your Mother says you are no longer welcome in the family home, where does she expect you to go? Are you saying she just plain doesn't care? In this case, you need a social worker to assist you with your rights. The county you live in can assign one to you.

Please stay in touch with us. Tell us what is happening. We might be able to advise and help you along your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships