Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 05:17 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,723,777 times

Advertisements

I've been in a very, very similar situation.
If I were you, I would temporarily move with your sister and possibly work on finding your own place. Are you still wanting to have a relationship with your mom and siblings? Not having a relationship with your mom and siblings might slowly eat at you in the future, so I would continue to try and work on rebuilding your relationship slowly (just keep sincerely apologizing). You seem like a very determined and driven individual to be financially responsible and motivated to continue your education during these hard times. I'm terribly sorry that this is happening to you, and I wish you the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 PM

14 posts, read 30,308 times
well my sister took me in today, so i suppose you could say i am fine. and i have a place to sleep, not much else though. when my mom said i wasn't welcome there anymore she meant that she no longer wishes to have anything to do with me, and that i am no longer allowed in her house. so i guess i got kicked out. she doesn't know where i am that i know of, but i guess it's whatever. i would love to continue a relationship with my family considering they are all i have. or should i say had? but, they don't want to have anything to do with me. you know, the thing that i did was somewhat bad. but i don't think it was drastic enough to deserve this. i'm heart broken that i am no longer wanted by anyone besides my sister, but i suppose i have to live with my own mistakes. thank you guys for the advice about that home, if anything happens and i can no longer stay here i will go there. that will be my 2nd option since i don't have anything else. that really helps me though. im glad there are people out there that care in the slightest bit about people in a bad situation, it means the world to me. Thanks for the support as well, il try to keep you guys updated if you want.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM

and to the loser thing about the emancipation, your probably right. lol. it is kind of a way to just get around fixing things. only problem was that i couldn't fix things. thanks for you opinion though, i like to hear everyone's view point that way i can really figure out if what im doing is right.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 PM

and also, i am in greensboro now with my sister. i was in kernersville.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithhiee View Post
and also, i am in greensboro now with my sister. i was in kernersville.
I just can't believe your mom would kick you out like that and I'm so sorry. Did you murder someone?? I know you said it was bad, but geez.

Do you not have any extended family (grandma, aunts) who could talk to her and see about working things out between you?

How does your mother expect you to feed, clothe and house yourself?? I mean, what exactly DID she say to you when you left?

Do really consider calling the Children's Home for help if your sister can't help you long term okay? The important thing is not end up on the streets or in high risk situations.

http://www.tchome.org/index.html

Old 05-23-2012, 09:40 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Quote:
Im 17 years old, il be 18 in march (9/10 months from now) but i don't think i can stay at home any longer.. i messed up a few weeks ago, got caught up and did some stupid things that i regret and have tried my hardest to apologize for. no body in my household will have anything to do with me. ive had most of my brothers and sisters tell me that i would be better off gone. and i had my mom tell me i was a **** up that I didn't deserve anything.. and my family has basically dis owned me. its really sad. the only person that is talking to me a tall would be my sister who is 23 and living on her own. she told me i could move in with her asap. and i would really like to, but i feel that my mom would disapprove. only because she hates my sister and refuses to let me have anything to do with her, even though she is all i have. Is their any possible way that i can move in with her? im just looking to get out of a rough situation.. i bought my own car. i pay my own insurance and phone bills. i pay rent for my "home" already. i have a job. and i have money saved up. all i want to do is get the hell out of here before it gets worse.
Screw it, I would leave home. If your family can't have your back when you've made a mistake, forget about them. If your sister is offering you a new place, room with her until you can get your own place. You'll be a legal adult in 9/10 months. I don't see why you should have to go through any legal paperwork or anything tedious like that.

My cousin and his father (my uncle) didn't have a great relationship and he left home at 17 as well. They didn't speak for 3 years. Then after this time period apart they talked things over and are now inseparable. Maybe the same thing could happen for you and your family.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,310,687 times
Hang in there! My mom Kicked my sister out at 14!! Lucky my aunt took her in ... which made it worse cause all she ever did with her familly was bad mouth them! Then when my sister got her own place at 18 & a good job mom wanted her to come home & share bills!!! My sister told her... You didnt want me at 14 & you Dont want me now you just want my money! Hell No! Over the yrs my mom keep trying to make up to her... Finally in moms death bed the ONLY one of us 4 kids mom wanted was her .. Sis spent the last week by her death bed. Up until then mom thought she was dead! BTW The ONLY thing my sister did was go with our aunt for the summer! For yrs I kept asking mom WHY What did she do wrong? Mom finally said she choose my sister over me! I said So Your hatred for your sister cause You to kick your Child out!!! I was 25 when she told me... I was 7 yrs old when it happened! Hang in there finish school. Dont worry...Be Happy!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 PM

my mom told my entire extended family, not just my immediate family, what i did so they aren't speaking to me either... and no i didn't murder anyone. lol. i just got caught up with the wrong crowd for a few weeks and around here, you are who your with. i really don't know what my mom is expecting me to do to live or feed myself but i figure she thinks i can make it on my own, and i will do my best to prove that to her. and i will do what it takes to stay off of the streets, even if it involves going to a shelter.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
my mom told my entire extended family, not just my immediate family, what i did so they aren't speaking to me either... and no i didn't murder anyone. lol. i just got caught up with the wrong crowd for a few weeks and around here, you are who your with. i really don't know what my mom is expecting me to do to live or feed myself but i figure she thinks i can make it on my own, and i will do my best to prove that to her. and i will do what it takes to stay off of the streets, even if it involves going to a shelter.
Good for you honey! DO NOT let this derail your life. You must finish school and you must start making really good choices for yourself so you can do that and stay safe.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Quote:
"You are who you're with" is true wherever you go. Trust me from experience. You are what you eat and you are who you hang out with.

You don't need to prove anything to your mother, but the anger which you have towards her be transformed into ambition. Ambition to rise far beyond what anyone, especially your mother, thought you'd ever become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships