Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
seems like he trusts you and needs to talk.
I'm less worried about him and more concerned about his daughter.
Someone should be reporting her to Child Protective Services unless the father is making sure the child is protected from the abuse the mom is hurling at her.

If you're not comfortable with the situation you might want to distance yourself.
I often wonder why some people reproduce That poor little girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 12:13 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't know THAT many crazy people. Just a few people who have done a LOT of things which are either nutty or annoying to me. So this is about one of that same batch of people whose (extended) family I've complained about.

I have a friend I met when he was still single. After about 6 years, he got married. I thought everything was hunky-dory, but within the last few years, he tells me:

- that his wife is physically abusive to their daughter (1 to 2 years old) to get her to be quiet, but that they are in therapy (funny, because he was never in therapy before getting married). So, why did his wife do this? In therapy, it was learned that it was done to his wife when she was a child. I didn't like his little girl, who screamed uncontrollably when she had to go to the bathroom or had to go to sleep, shouting "I want Daddy to take me" repeatedly. Now, after hearing what his wife did to her, I can see why this child screams. I think this child will be scarred because of this.

- that his wife and her sister sit there in his house and try on different clothes or swimwear, with the door flung open for anyone to walk by, with no problem whatsoever about having their jugs bouncing around and visible.

My friend comes from a family that is kind of repressed. On the other hand, his wife comes from a family that is full of boundary problems that are all over the map, and present in all of her siblings.

Question: Why is my friend telling me this crazy stuff? Not only that, he speaks about it in a nonchalant way, like he's desensitized to it. Any ideas?
He is probably running it past you to get your reaction and feedback. Below, you say he "married late(r)", and doesn't want to dismantle his comfortable situation.
His nonchalance may be a disguise.
He may be totally shocked and repulsed by what is going on; and yet doesn't have the guts to stand up and be a man, by protecting the child.

IMHO, if I were you, I would contact CPS, and I would also ask him when he is going to GROW A PAIR and stand up to the shrew he married.

Appearances be damned.

The child needs protection - he may be lying about the therapist knowing about it - he has to be, or CPS would already be involved. That's truly disgusting to me, that a grown man would be so whipped by his wife that he would allow her abuse a child!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:42 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
He is probably running it past you to get your reaction and feedback. Below, you say he "married late(r)", and doesn't want to dismantle his comfortable situation.
His nonchalance may be a disguise.
He may be totally shocked and repulsed by what is going on; and yet doesn't have the guts to stand up and be a man, by protecting the child.

IMHO, if I were you, I would contact CPS, and I would also ask him when he is going to GROW A PAIR and stand up to the shrew he married.

Appearances be damned.

The child needs protection - he may be lying about the therapist knowing about it - he has to be, or CPS would already be involved. That's truly disgusting to me, that a grown man would be so whipped by his wife that he would allow her abuse a child!

yea........everything Sundance said ^^^^

Old 10-29-2012, 09:14 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't know THAT many crazy people. Just a few people who have done a LOT of things which are either nutty or annoying to me. So this is about one of that same batch of people whose (extended) family I've complained about.

I have a friend I met when he was still single. After about 6 years, he got married. I thought everything was hunky-dory, but within the last few years, he tells me:

- that his wife is physically abusive to their daughter (1 to 2 years old) to get her to be quiet, but that they are in therapy (funny, because he was never in therapy before getting married). So, why did his wife do this? In therapy, it was learned that it was done to his wife when she was a child. I didn't like his little girl, who screamed uncontrollably when she had to go to the bathroom or had to go to sleep, shouting "I want Daddy to take me" repeatedly. Now, after hearing what his wife did to her, I can see why this child screams. I think this child will be scarred because of this.

- that his wife and her sister sit there in his house and try on different clothes or swimwear, with the door flung open for anyone to walk by, with no problem whatsoever about having their jugs bouncing around and visible.

My friend comes from a family that is kind of repressed. On the other hand, his wife comes from a family that is full of boundary problems that are all over the map, and present in all of her siblings.

Question: Why is my friend telling me this crazy stuff? Not only that, he speaks about it in a nonchalant way, like he's desensitized to it. Any ideas?
um, he mistakenly thinks he can talk to you about these things, and obviously, he was wrong. saying you don't like a young child kinda shows where you are at. i find THAT kind of weird. do you only befriend those with no issues? if so, can you please show me where those people live? is that like Xanadu?

with friends like that, who needs friends?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
saying you don't like a young child kinda shows where you are at. i find THAT kind of weird.
Again, I can't provide a YouTube. Most NORMAL people don't like kids with SHRILL NONSTOP screams. Finding out why the kid screamed caused to me to understand the child, and hate his abusive wife. Next...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships