Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Am I the last person in America without a Facebook account? Who doesn't follow anyone on Twitter?

I have a LinkedIn account and was active in it for a while, but there's little to gain from it, since I work totally behind the scenes in my job, in a very specialized area. I have no desire to reconnect from people I went to high school with, nor any of my exes. I'm pretty shy as well, and most social situations tire me out.

That's me. Anybody else?

IF I previously had an account it has now been deactivated and I do not miss any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 PM

438 posts, read 660,337 times
I manage a facebook account for a non-profit. I cut and paste what the director sends me.

I do NOT have an account of my own.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,182,410 times
Quote:
Am I the last person in America without a Facebook account? Who doesn't follow anyone on Twitter?...
I had a FB account for about two weeks. Deleted it.

My quality long distance relationships are conducted by email.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:01 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
No fb page myself. Just City-data.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,856,731 times
I do not, nor have I ever had a Facebook, twitter, or MySpace acct. C-D and to a lesser extent, Sherdog.com, are the two places that I interact socially on the interwebs.

If I was a single man, perhaps I'd have a Facebook account. Who am I trying to fool? I stopped digging the player lifestyle long ago! There are a few women from my past who could possibly pique my curiosity if they found me on Facebook. I rather not invite the trouble.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,006 times
I have never had any social network account and no plan to have one in the future. It IS annoying to me that many businesses refer me to their Facebook account to obtain information about their business since, if you don't have your own account you cannot access theirs. Can't count the number of times I have tried to view a restaurant menu only to go to the business's website and be referred to their facebook page. So, I just go to another restaurant. I don't understand why people are so comfortable having their profile out there for anyone to track. If I knew you 10 years ago and don't know you now, there's a reason.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:38 AM

726 posts, read 1,228,791 times
Quote:
Am I the last person in America without a Facebook account? Who doesn't follow anyone on Twitter?

I have a LinkedIn account and was active in it for a while, but there's little to gain from it, since I work totally behind the scenes in my job, in a very specialized area. I have no desire to reconnect from people I went to high school with, nor any of my exes. I'm pretty shy as well, and most social situations tire me out.

That's me. Anybody else?

You are not alone.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,922 times
I have a Twitter account but don't use it that much. I have a few people I like to connect with on there and some famous people (yeah yeah I know) that I like to follow. I deactivated my FB recently. I feel like I need to focus on what I'm doing with my own life instead of reading about what other people are doing with theirs. And people who are really my friends call and text me, they don't need FB to know what's new in my life. Some people are way too wrapped up in social media.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,536,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Yet, you're here. Cop all the excuses of how it's different from other social media if you like, but it's still a social site and you're here.
Don't need excuses. Obviously this is not my real name, there are no pictures of me, my dogs, grand kids, grand dogs, or the like. I'm here for discussion, not connection. Two (three? didn't count) people recognized my mom de plume and asked if I was the same person they had conversed with elsewhere. I am. So much for social interaction or connection.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:48 PM

18,463 posts, read 31,621,245 times
I do not have a facebbok account, I didnt have my space account. I do not tweet, twitter or whatever you call it.

I have better things to do with my day that let people know when i am goint to do laundry, cook a meal, or wahs the windows.

It is all too unnecessary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships