Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:58 PM

36 posts, read 52,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Nope, I don't care to play games with another grown adult, Nope I don't care what you and your cousin did the night before (or ever), Nope I don't want to reconnect with someone that I did not like before, Nope I don't want to be your friend and talk online I have a telephone for that, Nope, I don't want to be bombarded with advertisments from companies that I don't (and never will) patronage anyway And finally Nope because it does not benefit me in the long run since nothing of any real importance is ever conveyed by the people who are the most eager to befriend you.
So true for the bolded part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 06:06 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Obviously everyone here uses social media. I must say that it's a little ironic to ask that question here.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Obviously everyone here uses social media. I must say that it's a little ironic to ask that question here.
But we're anoymous. I'm not putting my real self out there though. People don't know who I am.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:24 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
I don't consider city-data to be social media. More like opinion-on-random-topics-with-total-strangers media.

I don't engage in social media because I have seen its effects on others, i.e. addiction to iphone.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I don't consider city-data to be social media. More like opinion-on-random-topics-with-total-strangers media.

I don't engage in social media because I have seen its effects on others, i.e. addiction to iphone.
yes thank you

Old 03-11-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyyy View Post
But we're anoymous. I'm not putting my real self out there though. People don't know who I am.
Most social media is anonymous.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Most social media is anonymous.
Not facebook. I know some use their real names on twitter, pinterest, and instagram. Some even post pics of themselves.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Actaully, CD is more informationally then social because the intention of the majority of people here is exchanging information/views rather than waste each other's time needless chit chat about their personal lives that most of us can care less

Old 03-11-2013, 07:07 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,816 times
I'm starting to consider forums social media just because I'm being social on here and I'm also experience the same mental fatigue I get when visiting Fb, etc. In fact, I'm more social on here than I am on fb just because there's questions to answer whereas fb is....people trying to be relevant. Not saying that doesn't happen here, I just learn more here than I do on fb.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyyy View Post
Not facebook. I know some use their real names on twitter, pinterest, and instagram. Some even post pics of themselves.
Some use their real names on CD as well. Same with Reddit. Facebook lends itself to be a place where people use their real identities. But most social media sites like CD, Twitter, Reddit, chatroulette, AOL chatrooms, IRC, etc. don't necessarily require or involve real identities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships