Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:36 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times

Advertisements

I honestly would rather see that, than most of the non sense that many people post. I don't need to see how awful your relationship is, who you are about to fight and whatever other ratchetness people feel the need to post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I'm so over Facebook. I haven't checked it in awhile and I'm thinking about deleting my account for good. People need to realize only family and close friends really care about your wedding details, what your kids are doing, etc. Whatever happened to privacy? Just living your life? Why this compulsion to share every little detail with a bunch of people who really don't give a crap? You're not getting married any less if you don't post about it everyday on Facebook. It's like if you don't post it on Facebook, then it didn't happen. The older I get the less use I have for Facebook. I keep hoping it's a fad that will die out soon like MySpace.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I agree.

Facebook is bragbook and fake book.

Reading updates makes me envy the posters. I have to keep reminding myself, the more they have to brag, the worse their life probably is and how they NEED to pretend how great and important their hourly updates are.

None of my married, happy and well balanced friends post much on facebook. Only lonely singles or people in weird relationship, pretending everything is GREAT.
Or people with babies - they get deleted immediately by me because I don't want to hear that baby BS on a daily basis for the next 10 years. He talks! He breaths! He poops! He said DADDY ... who cares other than the parents? They are all going to talk eventually and never shut up again, right?

Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I'm so over Facebook. I haven't checked it in awhile and I'm thinking about deleting my account for good. People need to realize only family and close friends really care about your wedding details, what your kids are doing, etc. Whatever happened to privacy? Just living your life? Why this compulsion to share every little detail with a bunch of people who really don't give a crap? You're not getting married any less if you don't post about it everyday on Facebook. It's like if you don't post it on Facebook, then it didn't happen. The older I get the less use I have for Facebook. I keep hoping it's a fad that will die out soon like MySpace.
well, if it upsets you that much, then I certainly suggest to deleting your account....
some people share details, some do not, just b/c you don't like it, doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong, it's all in how you feel...personally, this is a little thing, if you don't like it, simple, don't read it...ignore it and move on...your free to make that choice...
I care about my friends kids and what they are doing, and celebrate they're successes....or defeats....
there are people who feel differently then you...for me, FB is fun, and great to see how people are getting on in life...sharing photos of their vacations, weddings, picnics, etc.... I've reconnected with people I haven't heard from in years, and it's exciting...if you don't like it, your free to move on....

and i don't think all people are bragging, you simply cannot grab the concept that, "this is their life, if they are well off, they are simply sharing events in their life...it's all they know...but they are not bragging...I know people who have traveled abroad and share the most beautiful photos...or have redectorated a room in their home, and sharing photos, which I personally love....
Sounds to me, like you are simply unable to recognize, not everyone thinks and feels like you do, doesn't mean they are bragging....

just saying

Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 AM

There is a few people on there who occassionally share their vacation pics or new car pics or whatever. I like reading their posts, because they put thought in it and keep me updated in an appropriate way.

Alot of people just assume that everybody is on facebook so they don't write emails anymore or call and I miss out on some information if I delete my account.

I have deleted or blocked all people who advertise their businesses or tell their spouses 3x daily how great they are, or overposting kid stuff and hourly "I just cleaned my bathroom" or "my car is dirty" updates.

When you go see your friends, they don't bore you with that stuff either. Why do people need to do that on facebook? To start a discussion about cleaning the bathroom?

Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM

I have seen ultrasound pics of unborn babies from people I don't even know. They get shown on my "wall" because friends of friends can see their stuff.

That is just crazy.

People are all about privacy and stuff and then they post their whole life and everything on facebook. I don't get it.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
But don't you understand, right now, that is all she has in her life, and you've gotta admit, loosing all that weight was an outstanding feat....sometimes, people are not bragging, but actually talking to themselves, reinforcing that power within?

some use fb as drama, a need for attention...etc...but for the most part, isn't it quit amazing, how small our worlds really are....
we don't all think and feel like you do...and yes, sometime, when people lose weight they look older...heavy round faced people actually look younger....

by the way, I'm organizing an overnight trip to go see falling water, always had a desire to see it.....
I have already pointed out that her being so dedicated is amazing. I have given her countless kudos but come on, talking about it excessively for 2 yrs? Playing dumb she ends up in the plus dept by accident? It's a bit much especially after 2 yrs. Your comments seem to be a bit on the snarky side but whatever. Enjoy Fallingwater, its quite lovely.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I have already pointed out that her being so dedicated is amazing. I have given her countless kudos but come on, talking about it excessively for 2 yrs? Playing dumb she ends up in the plus dept by accident? It's a bit much especially after 2 yrs. Your comments seem to be a bit on the snarky side but whatever. Enjoy Fallingwater, its quite lovely.
then just ignore it, lol

yanno what really annoys me, is everywhere I go, people are on cell phones, they have no concept what so ever, that they may be annoying my personal space with their personal conversations....now THAT is annoying.... or someone texting and making me move to keep from walking into them...that is annoying.

well, I apologize for seeming snarky....however, simply expressing my point of view...how would you like me to express my feelings...? am I snarky simply b/c I'm being truthful or because I disagree? Or both? Is there another way you might dictate to me, that I might express my feelings? Please do tell....

we are all different, we all own our own cultures...and if people on facebook do not post what I like, I just ignore it...it's not noisy, and I have a choice, to read it, or not.

I think we forget, that others think and feel differently then we do, and that doesn't make them wrong or you right, or visa versa, it is, simply our personal culture.

there are 6 of us going, and really looking forward to it, we're also visiting another building he designed...a fort, and other points of interest...thanks so much.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
oh-eve
People are all about privacy and stuff and then they post their whole life and everything on facebook. I don't get it.
Well if that were true, when I go outside for break, I wouldn't have to sit there and listen to their privete conversations...everywhere you go, there is no place to escape, everyone is on a cell phone....at least with FB, you can click, and poof, your off to another website....

by the way, there is a place in settings you can go into, and click on "just friends" and you wouldn't receive all that annoying information, from friends of friends....

Old 05-21-2013, 11:17 AM

I had this neighbor, she was in her 20's, in the Navy, stationed on a ship and her hubby also. She had most shipmates and supervisors as friends on her facebook. Around 500 people.

So all the shipmates always knew when and what was going in her marriage and in her house, she was one of the hourly posters.

She got pregnant and all 500 people probably could read every single stage of her pregnancy, her bowel movements, her everything.

She gave birth and then was joking around with some of her gay friends about her vagina never looking the same, how it looks now, how wide, and them making fun of the hubby having less fun with the huge vagina, etc. . She did not go back working on the ship but husband did.

Funny story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships