Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 04:00 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times

Advertisements

I think sis wrote this and wanted some validation for kicking bro in the balls. She might get away with it now and then feel bad 20 years from now.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:06 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
Given that the OP is 16 (if all is true) Do the responses have to be so snarky.

Now, OP: you two are siblings.
1) You don't HAVE to say anything. BUT I admire that you accept you challenged her and lost. Just say, "You know, sis, I was wrong about your karate.....Can you show me a few moves?" She might be glad to show you. It could be a bonding issue for you...AND you've learned a lesson about discretion. Humility is a good trait to have.

Don't challenge a person, or run off at the mouth -- without all the information, or unless you know what you're talking about. "PRESUMING" things can get you into trouble. One day you could challenge the wrong person -- and REALLY come out on the losing end. And I don't mean just a physical challenge...challenge your boss, you could get fired.

I'm not saying don't defend your opinions or argue for your point of view.....just use discretion.
It's a good lesson to learn.

IF only more ADULTS would have learns that....

Old 06-25-2013, 09:07 AM

3 posts, read 11,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post

1) You don't HAVE to say anything. BUT I admire that you accept you challenged her and lost. Just say, "You know, sis, I was wrong about your karate.....Can you show me a few moves?" She might be glad to show you. It could be a bonding issue for you...AND you've learned a lesson about discretion. Humility is a good trait to have.

Don't challenge a person, or run off at the mouth -- without all the information, or unless you know what you're talking about. "PRESUMING" things can get you into trouble. One day you could challenge the wrong person -- and REALLY come out on the losing end. And I don't mean just a physical challenge...challenge your boss, you could get fired.

I'm not saying don't defend your opinions or argue for your point of view.....just use discretion.

I know. Thanks a lot, really. Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-26-2013 at 12:21 PM..

Old 06-25-2013, 09:14 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,029 times
LOL LOL LOL. This post was pure comedy. Thanks for making a great start to my day.

As for what you do, you own up to being wrong, and know you should never make your sister mad.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,045 times
I think it's big of you to admit defeat. You wouldn't have to say anything to her, but maybe mention that you are glad that she could defend herself. I assume you would be, it should be good to know if someone tried to hurt her she could handle them. That is good for her, she sounds pretty good! I don't think you need to deal specifically, just realize that as the PP said about running off at the mouth, don't judge a book by it's cover.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
OP don't let people drag you down. I thought your account was funny! I appreciate your "word pictures" and I assume you didn't expect to be nominated for the Pulitzer prize when you shared your story.

Just admit to your sister that you were wrong and she was right -and that you're very impressed with her skills. That should make her day! If you REALLY want to make her smile, next time the topic comes up in public, you can brag on her to other people, like "She's serious - my sister can take you DOWN, brother! I wouldn't even challenge her if I were you, unless you're ready to be totally humiliated. And I am for real."

Old 06-25-2013, 11:40 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Tell her you'd like to hire her for protection! Just be proud of her.

And don't **** her off....

Old 06-25-2013, 11:06 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times
Uhh, you should be PROUD that your sister can kick butt. You don't need to be stronger to win a fight; you just to know to hit where it counts.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 AM

223 posts, read 732,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post

Really excellent advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.