Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:00 AM

21 posts, read 24,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Get over it already. Can't believe that this is going over 6 pages and you still don't get it.

They don't WANT you there why would you even consider showing up?

Doesn't necessarily mean they don't like you. Maybe they had a maximum amount of people they could invite or maybe they think they don't know you well enough. A wedding can be very intimate and I wouldn't just invite everybody I know. You have to respect their wishes for THEIR special day.

Again - get over it!

Find something else to do that day and leave the wedding alone.

I don't mean to be harsh ... but you seem to be obsessed over it. I bet the whole church knows by now that you are not invited because you make such a big drama out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
You know what..You weren't invited..so what? You will still hopefully wake up the next morning and get on with your life. Some things are simply not worth getting a coronary over.
Yeah but people will be talking about me and what a loser I am because I was the only one not invited to the wedding of the year with everyone who has ever gone to my church.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:11 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Not necessarily. A lot of times the invitation is really for the reception head count. If you really want to go to the ceremony, a park is a public place. They're not taking tickets, nor will they kick you out. Then go home afterward, because what you're really not invited to is dinner. I know people who've gone to wedding ceremonies of coworkers or their kids' friends because they wanted to see the ceremony. They sat in the back, they didn't make a scene or crash the reception. No harm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I get that this is an unorthodox suggestion, and I wouldn't suggest it if the ceremony were being held at a hotel or a country club. A dinner party is generally in a private setting where the hosts have planned refreshment for a certain budget and amount of people. A wedding, particularly a wedding ceremony, held in a church or a park is for the most part open to the public, or at least not locked. Many church weddings are announced in the newsletter/bulletins for weeks ahead of time. I guarantee that any wedding held in a public park will have random people out hiking or walking their dogs who'll see a wedding and stop and watch. Someone who wishes to view the ceremony isn't requiring that the host provide them with a meal or disrupt a head count For a larger wedding, an extra person sitting in the back who merely wants to wish the couple well does not have to be disruptive. Most other guests would never know who's invited in the first place.
You're right. Anyone can go to a wedding ceremony in a park or a church. If they're going to have their wedding in a public place, then it's open to the public.

It's the reception and the food that they pay for that should not be crashed.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:18 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
What is wrong with you?? Why would you be a loser not attending a freaking wedding?

You made SUCH A BIG DEAL out of it. If they think you are a loser, then just for that REASON that you brought UPON YOURSELF.

I would have just told others you have other plans for that weekend, if they would ask you if you are going. Nobody even needed to know that you are not invited.

I am losing patience with you. You are either a troll or something is seriously wrong with you.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 AM

I would be a loser because I am the ONLY ONE at my church or who has ever gone to my church not invited to the wedding.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:25 AM

881 posts, read 2,254,056 times
Based on some of those other posts it sounds like she doesn't really know the couple that well, merely acquaintances. They don't seem interested in extending the friendship either. Honestly I doubt literally every single member of the congregation was invited except her, statements like that are just drama - another reason the OP probably wasn't invited.

I guess you could watch the ceremony, don't take up a chair but to me it would just make things worse.

Last edited by ncsualum2004; 07-25-2013 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: .

Old 07-25-2013, 10:27 AM

And why dont they want me there? I want to know why they dont want me there when they invited everyone else because I think maybe I did or said something to offend them or theres some reason why they dont like me

Old 07-25-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
Based on some of those other posts it sounds like she doesn't really know the couple that well, merely acquaintances. They don't seem interested in extending the friendship either. Honestly I doubt literally every single member of the congregation was invited except her, statements like that are just drama - another reason the OP probably wasn't invited.

I guess you could watch the ceremony, don't take up a chair but to me it would just make things worse.
Why arent they interested in extending the friendship? Statements like this are because I wasnt invited, not the other way around. How can that be a reason I wasnt invited when I didnt make the statements until after they didnt invite me?

Old 07-25-2013, 10:37 AM

881 posts, read 2,254,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friends4ever View Post
Why arent they interested in extending the friendship? Statements like this are because I wasnt invited, not the other way around. How can that be a reason I wasnt invited when I didnt make the statements until after they didnt invite me?

The fact you are acting this way leads me to believe you have similar behavior with regards to other stuff. How to you know the every.single.memeber. of your congregation was invited? Have you polled everyone? It seems like many in the group you mutually socialize with was but it sounds like you don't have a strong friendship directly with the couple. Perhaps the best thing you can do is ask someone else in the group if they know what's up.

Last edited by ncsualum2004; 07-25-2013 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: .

Old 07-25-2013, 10:42 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friends4ever View Post
I would be a loser because I am the ONLY ONE at my church or who has ever gone to my church not invited to the wedding.
How did you find out that you were the ONLY ONE not invited? Did you go around and ask? If your displeasure about this is known, then, that's a good reason why you weren't invited. You were not asked because you are a pain in the a--!.

Understand? IF you really were the only one not invited, than it's either a mistake of some sort, or they really, really just DONT WANT YOU THERE.

This reminds me of a BIL's wedding, big church wedding with all the trimmings. No one in his family was invited. They were even told the wrong date. But since we all know his sister, her big mouth and terrible attitude about everything, we also known why he did this. We didn't blame him one bit.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
The fact you are acting this way leads me to believe you have similar behavior with regards to other stuff. How to you know the every.single.memeber. of your congregation was invited? Have you polled everyone? It seems like many in the group you mutually socialize with was but it sounds like you don't have a strong friendship directly with the couple. Perhaps the best thing you can do is ask someone else in the group if they know what's up.
If I had similar behavior with regards to other stuff it was only because I wasnt invited to other stuff. Which raises the question why didnt they invite me to other stuff in the first place? And why dont they like me in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships