Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:04 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
The calls are coming from inside the house.
I was wondering about this post.
The problem could have been said in three sentences.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:16 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarAllenPoe1800 View Post
OP here. I had to register under a new username. After reading this you will understand why, but I wanted to give everyone an update on this situation.

I hadn’t gotten any more texts or calls from the woman in my old city, so my wife and I figured we were in the clear. We started to settle into life in our new town. But last night, when I came home from work, I noticed a car parked by the house that I didn’t recognize. I didn’t think too much of it, thinking maybe it was new neighbor stopping by for a visit.

As I entered the hallway through the front door, I stopped in shock. There was my wife, with her arms and legs duct-taped to an armchair. I heard a voice behind me; the woman that thought I was her “best friend” stepped out form a corner. She started going on and on about my nerve at ignoring her, I wasn’t appreciative of her concern, etc, etc. Anger boiled inside of me, and I started screaming at her. Then I saw it – a glint of shiny metal as she pulled out the pistol and lowered it at me. I froze, realizing this woman was truly crazy. Just then I spotted one of my kids coming to the door, and I realized I had to do something. I lunged for the gun, and struggled to wrest it away from her. The shot sounded like a cannon, and then I felt a searing pain in my gut. I put my hand there, and it came back warm, red and sticky. I was bleeding out, and soon lost consciousness.

When I came to, I was in a hospital bed, with my wife by my side. She and the kids were ok, and she filled me in on what happened. As I was fighting with crazy woman, my wife frantically struggled to free herself. She managed to slip one of her wrists under the duct tape, and ripped the rest off. After the gun went off, she attacked the crazy lady, and managed to get the gun. Unfortunately, that woman ran out and drove off. She hasn’t been seen since. (She didn’t go back home.)

The police were called, and they investigated. A run of the fingerprints from the gun revealed that this woman may have been involved in other homicides, all men . Here’s the really scary part – the cops looked on her home computer, and she is active on city-data.com.

***** Please note: the above was all fiction, and in no way represents real events.
I'm done here.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:36 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,313,002 times
...the hell?

Old 11-04-2014, 09:37 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
LOL that was so not the OP.

I am still waiting for him (or her) to come back.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:01 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Not going to happen - he's been busted.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:35 PM

672 posts, read 789,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

I agree. It was brilliant, but not the OP.

Growing up, my mother would say, "The problem with lying is that one has to remember all of the lies that they've told, or they will get caught in a lie when they tell another lie.".

Old 11-04-2014, 01:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
OP here. I had to register under a new username. After reading this you will understand why, but I wanted to give everyone an update on this situation.

I hadn’t gotten any more texts or calls from the woman in my old city, so my wife and I figured we were in the clear. We started to settle into life in our new town. But last night, when I came home from work, I noticed a car parked by the house that I didn’t recognize. I didn’t think too much of it, thinking maybe it was new neighbor stopping by for a visit.

As I entered the hallway through the front door, I stopped in shock. There was my wife, with her arms and legs duct-taped to an armchair. I heard a voice behind me; the woman that thought I was her “best friend” stepped out form a corner. She started going on and on about my nerve at ignoring her, I wasn’t appreciative of her concern, etc, etc. Anger boiled inside of me, and I started screaming at her. Then I saw it – a glint of shiny metal as she pulled out the pistol and lowered it at me. I froze, realizing this woman was truly crazy. Just then I spotted one of my kids coming to the door, and I realized I had to do something. I lunged for the gun, and struggled to wrest it away from her. The shot sounded like a cannon, and then I felt a searing pain in my gut. I put my hand there, and it came back warm, red and sticky. I was bleeding out, and soon lost consciousness.

When I came to, I was in a hospital bed, with my wife by my side. She and the kids were ok, and she filled me in on what happened. As I was fighting with crazy woman, my wife frantically struggled to free herself. She managed to slip one of her wrists under the duct tape, and ripped the rest off. After the gun went off, she attacked the crazy lady, and managed to get the gun. Unfortunately, that woman ran out and drove off. She hasn’t been seen since. (She didn’t go back home.)

The police were called, and they investigated. A run of the fingerprints from the gun revealed that this woman may have been involved in other homicides, all men . Here’s the really scary part – the cops looked on her home computer, and she is active on city-data.com.

***** Please note: the above was all fiction, and in no way represents real events.
At least now we know who the real psycho is.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:18 PM

17 posts, read 13,778 times
People, people, you are taking this way too seriously.

Obviously I am not the OP - the username should be a clue.

There's no way the original poster is coming back to this thread. People have pointed out multiple inconsistencies in his story and outed him on some dating sites.

I was only taking the suggestion of someone else to give the story a fitting ending. Maybe I should have made it a "choose your own adventure." (Anyone remember those?)

I'd delete the post now, if I could. It would be a moot point, though, since it's already been quoted multiple times.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:23 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
I thought it was FUNNY!

Old 11-04-2014, 03:25 PM

420 posts, read 704,555 times
Quote:
People, people, you are taking this way too seriously.

Obviously I am not the OP - the username should be a clue.

There's no way the original poster is coming back to this thread. People have pointed out multiple inconsistencies in his story and outed him on some dating sites.

I was only taking the suggestion of someone else to give the story a fitting ending. Maybe I should have made it a "choose your own adventure." (Anyone remember those?)

I'd delete the post now, if I could. It would be a moot point, though, since it's already been quoted multiple times.
I thought it was brilliant!!! It is probably the best closure we're going to get, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships