Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 02:13 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times

Advertisements

He sounds awful.

But I am little confused you offered to drive him from Denver to Las Vegas and/or LA, prior to his trip but told him Salt Lake City was too far???? That makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 02:18 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,105,586 times
Ditty the cultural differences suggestion.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:21 PM

346 posts, read 498,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
He sounds awful.

But I am little confused you offered to drive him from Denver to Las Vegas and/or LA, prior to his trip but told him Salt Lake City was too far???? That makes no sense.
I agree, that makes no sense to me either.

But OP, I also agree he sounds horrible. All you can do at this point is be glad his visit is over and never invite him back again.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:39 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,909,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
He sounds awful.

This post is exactly what I would have posted.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:04 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
You are lucky OP you never have to deal with that jerk again. I have a sister in law that has similar traits to your clown.

She dominates conversations always bringing them back to people that we don't know and don't care to meet. She interupts and talks over people all the time. We go out to eat and she will first designate to the waiter through her actions and utter contempt that he is there to serve her. She then orders something funky, making changes to it then complains when she doesn't like it. She has been known to leave a mess in her wake. The last time we went out to a really fancy place she dropped all this food and refused to pick it up, drank half her drink then returned it because she didn't like it, stole some tiny bottles of condiments off the table then threw them into the fountain to make a wish when we were leaving. She didn't have any change..

On the few trips that we have taken and she has tagged along she acts like a spoiled brat glued to her iphone texting. We say look at this look at that and she is like "yeah" She then snaps at us because little did we know she is having an argument on the texting.

She is NUTZ and the last time she blew up and stormed out of our house was the last time we have spoken with her. She has tried to wiggle back in to our lives but we don't need the aggravation.
I wonder if your Italian guy and my sis in law have any idea at all that they are the problem?

Old 03-16-2015, 04:00 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,479,600 times
There's no way I would pander to an arrogant and unappreciative house guest like that. I'd put him out. If he lacked the money to leave, I'd give him the money to go stay elsewhere. It would be worth it to be done with him. I have no tolerance for someone disrespecting me in my home. Out ya go!

Old 03-16-2015, 05:44 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,905,530 times
I guess it is beneficial to hear about the OP's house guest from hell- the level of rudeness sounds unbelievable- and poor Cape Cod Todd's awful SIL just to have the rest of us take a deep breath and consider those who are occasionally irritating or socially clueless and just be thankful that at least they don't put us through this hell.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:15 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times
Years ago, I had a house guest who thought it was amusing to sneak up on me and giggle inanely when I was startled. I foolishly invited her to spend the weekend with me as a mini-birthday get-away. She followed me around clicking out lights as she went, said annoying things like "You're going to drink a second glass of wine?"; hung over me while I was cooking dinner and said "Oh, I don't make mine like that." Snuck up on me when I was icing her birthday cake and tittered when I noticed her peeking around the corner. Rummaged in my closet and found one of her birthday presents (a box of expensive chocolates) and was eating them when I returned from an errand. Not federal crimes to be sure, but very annoying and I didn't invite her to spend the night again.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:46 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,019,390 times
Yes . Period. I will never have another either, those days for me are over .

I have to say thought that like my name here I am married to a Dutchman and lived in Holland 4 years and I can tell you I have many inlaws and step people who are JUST LIKE THIS. They acted bad there in Holland and the few who have come to visit ramped up even further , You ,like me, got a bad taste of the I am the cultured Euro and you're not attitude some have .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 03-16-2015 at 06:59 PM..

Old 03-16-2015, 06:52 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,334,326 times
Yeah, life's too short. But I don't think it was cultural. It was just horrible manners.

Mocking might have actually worked. I'd like to hear some examples of what that would entail in case I ever need that in my repertoire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships