Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 01:44 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times

Advertisements

Yes.

When I was around 11, my parents felt bad for this homeless dude who knocked on our door begging for cigarette money...and let him live in our living room.

It went on for a month, and he never did anything except watch TV, make a mess, eat our food and harass our neighbors. I complained to my parents, but they just called me selfish.

Of course they let him be in the house alone with me while they were at work, and I caught him KICKING OUR DOG.

That did not fly with me, so I flipped out and threw things at him and literally chased him out the house. He made himself scarce in a hurry.

When my parents got home, I told them he decided to move out on his own, and he tripped over our dog on the way out (so they'd check her for injuries).

I never told them what really happened until I was 20. And of course they were horrified and were upset that I didn't convince them more to kick him out.

I really wish I was making this up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 10:15 AM

709 posts, read 766,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
When I was in high school we hosted a French foreign exchange student. The group that came over were friends and they started spending time at one of the host family's houses more frequently. My mom thought it was just a comfort thing but it turned out that the guy's parents were absentee and they were smoking pot, drinking, and having sex (not kidding). Turns out that our exchange student brought a big bag of weed with her in her freakin carry-on luggage...
Sounds like my kinda French foreign exchange student.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:38 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yes.

When I was around 11, my parents felt bad for this homeless dude who knocked on our door begging for cigarette money...and let him live in our living room.
No offense, but your parents win the Clueless of the Year Award with this one. Inviting a homeless guy to live in the same house as their 11-year-old child? And then leaving you alone with him? You are lucky that things didn't turn out worse than they did.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:08 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
In reading the OP's story, my god, what a nightmare!!!!

I personally don't stay at people's houses when visiting, I know sometimes that offends people, but I just can't help it. I for one, don't want to get in people's way, and I also need my alone time.

I don't even stay with my dad when visiting him and he's got a couple of spare bedrooms. I costs me more money to visit him, but I just don't feel comfortable in other people's houses for anything longer than just a social visit.

Every time without delay my dad asks me if I'm gonna stay with him and every time I got to be an A hole and tell him no.

The things is is that he's the same way as me, I tell him that and he jokes around and says yeah, you're right I like to stay at hotels too. I ask him why does he bust my chops about it then..... he never answers me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships