Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 08:46 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,893,771 times

Advertisements

I think you should. It won't be easy, but it's the right thing to do. How you do it I think depends on how close you are with your friend.

I think if you are close, face to face is best. If not, an email is ok

But don't say "your wife is cheating" just explain what you saw and leave the conclusions to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 09:09 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,332,820 times
Yes. Tell your friend.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,615,402 times
I agree with those that say to let him know... and - of course - face to face... and, get ready for some hugs...he's gonna need 'em....

Old 05-05-2015, 09:34 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,591 times
I know I'd want someone telling me if they found my wife out with another man. Some may consider it butting in but how's it help him if she's cheating and he's in the dark? It would definitely be hard to do but in the long run he's better off knowing.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:40 AM

377 posts, read 670,694 times
I would sure want to know...

Old 05-05-2015, 09:58 AM

956 posts, read 1,768,199 times
I would, too but could the pair possibly practise an OPEN- type marriage ?

Old 05-05-2015, 10:07 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,492,253 times
Yes, let him know so this can all get turned around on you. There is nothing but good that can come from this.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post

I say go with an anonymous message, your friend can follow up as he chooses and will save face with you.
Best way to do it is anonymously .

Old 05-05-2015, 10:27 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
Oh that's a tough one. Who wants to break another person's heart? I guess a lot would depend on how well you know your friend. There are some women out there that would want to know and others that would prefer to stick their head in the sand. Something similar happened to me in my 20's when I saw a friends husband being a tad to cozy with the local bar fly. I confronted both of them and the woman followed me into the bathroom where we continued to discuss why what they were doing was wrong. She saw my side of the argument and he went home that night to his wife, however, the next day was their anniversary and he was gone all night. Damn alcoholics! It was incredibly sad but they are still together today.

Another friends husband told me that he had been to the Mustang Ranch while he was married to my friend. It was thirty years ago when they were newly married. I keep that secret with me and will to my grave.

My best friend cheated on her husband which was a total shock to me. I never knew their marriage was that unhappy until she told me what was really going on. I'll never tell him because I don't want to be responsible for her demise. I'm serious here.

If I saw my best friends husband doing something inappropriate with another woman I would join them at their table and go on and on about my friend in front of him and the other woman. What if she didn't know he was married? Then I would ask him to follow me some place private for an in depth discussion. I would also show him the photo I had taken of them and had already sent to my e-mail. We would discuss at length why he is doing what he's doing because we don't always know what's really going on in a marriage. There needs to be some deep thought before you have a knee jerk reaction and blow someone's life apart.

I am one of those women that would want to know. I prefer dealing with bottom lines and if you are my friend you would be in deep water if you knew and didn't tell me. There is always the risk of infections and I prefer not to have one of the serious one's thank you. Being in health care for 25 years makes you a tad paranoid. Poor John had a male health scare a couple of months back. He had just returned from visiting his terminally ill sister and found something suspicious. Like any good internet physician he went on line and was convinced that he had some kind of infection. I was horrified because I knew it hadn't come from me, but I also knew in my heart that there was another explanation. I was insulted that he thought for even one minute that I would do anything like that to him, but I also understood because there was a new male friend in my life, but he was just that and nothing more. I told him it was a cyst and his MD confirmed that it was indeed a cyst. We will be celebrating 30 years together in a castle in Scotland next month. He's the love of my life, but if anyone see's him with another woman then I want to know!

Old 05-05-2015, 10:43 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,338,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
I was at lunch and saw a friend's wife at lunch with a man who was not her husband. They seemed rather intimate. Snuggly & kissing, having some drinks with their food. They didn't see me. Should I tell him?
I would say something, because if it were my wife I would want to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
But don't say "your wife is cheating" just explain what you saw and leave the conclusions to him.
I think this is appropriate as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships