Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:16 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times

Advertisements

MYOB

None of us is privvy to what goes on in another persons marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 08:20 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
I was at lunch and saw a friend's wife at lunch with a man who was not her husband. They seemed rather intimate. Snuggly & kissing, having some drinks with their food. They didn't see me. Should I tell him?

No. Leave it be.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:48 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,579,481 times
Well......
You could mention to your friend that you saw his wife at so & so restaurant on such & such date. Leave it to him to ask her the questions. What where you doing at so & so the other day and who where you with??? I 'm sure she will confess right there on the spot... Not! It could have been nothing, or maybe it was but intervention never helps one way or the other...

Old 05-06-2015, 09:06 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You saw them and watched them long enough to know they were on a date, but they didn't see you at all? Something sounds weird about that to me.
I see nothing odd about that. One time I was at a restaurant with my family and some friends, and I was so engrossed in our conversation that I failed to notice a good friend of mine sitting a few tables away. Had he not come over to my table to say hi, I never would have known he was there.

Another time, I was eating out with my family when I noticed another friend of mine at another table. I went over to him, and he was surprised to see me; he had no idea I was there.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:14 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,060,431 times
nunya . . . nun ya business.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:12 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I can't believe anyone thinks they could tell a guy they saw his wife out with another man and it would go well... for them! I may have skipped a cou... several, pages getting here with this wisdom but... did anyone think of confronting the wife first? There is the small but not insignificant possibility that what the o.p. witnessed was a hotwife on a date. A date that her husband knew about and was eagerly awaiting the details of upon the wife's return home. I know, I know, never thought of that. Too busy being middle class Americans.

I never thought of that either. When my friend cheated on her husband she made me swear to never tell another soul. A promise is a promise so I kept it to myself. My husband knows only because I had a hard time with it. I've decided that I'll never tell him because her friendship means more to me then breaking up an already fragile, dysfunctional marriage. They can do that on their own...or not.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:26 AM

430 posts, read 835,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Snuggly & kissing, having some drinks

Should I tell him?
YES. Of course you should.

There's really not a lot to debate. Tell him their marriage is not your concern, but that you wanted to make sure he knew before he gets diseased or hurt psychologically.

A couple's marriage is their own business, as long as they both know everything about it.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:45 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,059,991 times
If it was just an acquaintance of mine, I would stay out of it. If it's a close friend I care about, I would tell him or her.

I actually met up with a friend (a guy) for drinks before tagging along w/ him & his girlfriend to a party...she was with family and was meeting up with us at the party later. Apparently, a group of her friends were there at the restaurant (they didn't know me) and called her up & told her all about it. She informed them that she was aware.

I would still tell the friend.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:48 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,892,286 times
be a good friend, but only if you're absolutely sure. Kissing would do it.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:50 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times
I would hate to be friends with some of you.

I would want to know. And I would want my "friend" or whomever to tell me.

The OP could phrase it in a way that isn't accusatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships