Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 02:17 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
That's not what she said. You're misstating what she said, which was that she shows up on time most of the time.

It starts, even on this thread!

OP, it sounds like you live in a conservative community, and that you don't fit in, perhaps due in part to clothing choices and one or more tattoos. I haven't found middle-aged women to be resentful of younger women. I know a few who mentor young women and have a few as friends. So something else is going on.
Congratulations! You and the OP are tied as posters most likely to end up on the Employment forum wondering why you've lost your job.

There is no reason to celebrate showing up for work "most" of the time. It's a job requirement. If the OP had said she was late less than 5 times since she started there, ok. But "most" is wide open to interpretation, and given her reputation as not being worth her paycheck, I'm going to guess it's a lot more than that.

You young women can pat yourselves on the back all you want, and convince yourselves that we middle agers are jealous. We'll be flying off to the Caribbean, and won't care.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:11 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,814,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
For one thing, post menopausal women are very jealous of pregnant women. I've seen it all my life. It's like a cow thing. Watch the other cows (so jealous) when one of the other cows drop a calf.

Then there's the bod thing. Nothing beats a 20 yr old nulliparous girl. You can daydream all you want. It's just a daydream.
You have got to be kidding.

I had some stuff to say, but now I am just speechless at the idiocy of this post.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:06 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
Sometimes women are catty, particularly when they are jealous. I don't think that the OP said that all middle-aged women are like that, just the ones she's met. How many places has she worked? She could easily have run into one or even two places where all the women were against her unreasonably.

I'm not on the scene and can't know "the truth" for sure, maybe couldn't even if I were there, but as a 71-year-old male, I'm not ready to rule out that the OP's perspective is reasonable.
She actually said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKathy View Post
I can't be the only who has noticed this animosity that a lot of middle aged women have towards younger women( specifically those in their teens and twenties.)

However every middle aged women that I have tried to befriend or gotten to know on a personal level have all without exception hated me, or greatly disliked me. My middle aged coworkers hated me, my father's girlfriends have all hated me, my female teachers hated me, my ex bf's mother hated me, etc. It is stranger because elderly women specifically those over 75 seem to love me and are very maternal. Every time I tried to seek out maternal guidance for a middle aged women it has always ended badly. For instances I volunteered at a retirement home over the summer, and my coworkers were mostly middle aged women and they were awful! They spread lies about me, trashed me behind my back and always made rude /curt comments about my appearance. I literally bended over backwards to please these women so they would stop trashing me behind my back but it seemed no matter what I did I was always an example of what is wrong with my "generation." All my middle aged female teachers I had growing up use to make disparaging comments about how awful younger women are and how we are all bunch of spoiled rotten entitled brats and were generally emotionally abusive. I remember one time one of my teachers called me a **** in front of the whole class because I wore a top on hot day with spaghetti straps. Nearly all my dad's gfs have emotionally abused me and made me feel like an awful person about myself. All my boyfriends' mothers have hated me, honestly it seems as though women with sons are the worse, they all seem to have this delusional belief that no women especially younger women is good enough for their special snowflake son . I have had more women in this age group spread malicious lies about me, make disparaging comments about my appearance, and just in general treat me like garbage then women my own age!

So all I am asking is, why? I know I am not the only one who has experienced this because my female friends report the same thing. Do women become more socially conservative when they get older therefor look down on younger women because they think they are too liberal? When I worked at the retirement home I made many friends with women in their 70s and 80s who were absolute angels to me and very kind/maternal like my grandmothers. Why do women in their 40s-50s have such a false sense of moral superiority that they think they can trash younger women for not living up to their moral standards, since they were all such virginal innocent angels when they were younger . I am not exaggerating my situation, I get along great with women/men of all ages, race, and religions, its just middle aged women that I have never got along with and I can't seem to figure out why.

Quote:
How many places has she worked? She could easily have run into one or even two places where all the women were against her unreasonably.
Both through Catholic school and volunteering at a retirement home.
Quote:
I'm not on the scene and can't know "the truth" for sure, maybe couldn't even if I were there, but as a 71-year-old male, I'm not ready to rule out that the OP's perspective is reasonable.
She really does cast all middle aged women in a bad light. Do you really think her perspective is reasonable? Why? Is it the spaghetti straps or the party pics or the tattoos that got to you?

Old 02-03-2016, 04:13 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Middle age woman see you as to what most middle age men want versus the middle age woman they have. We men are only as old as the women we are feeling.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:19 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Middle age woman see you as to what most middle age men want versus the middle age woman they have. We men are only as old as the women we are feeling.
Grooooan. Haven't heard that one in years.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:24 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,472 times
Quote:
Then how do you explain the nuns not liking her? Nuns aren't interested in middle aged men?

As a younger woman I've never run into what the op is talking about except for some women who were just nasty and mean to everyone. And there are grumpy men in too... hateful nasty men like this neighbor of mine I used to have. He'd call noise complaints on me when I was out of town. He was just a nasty man. Doesn't mean I thin all 50 year old single men are bitter complainers.

And why would the op be treated badly only by middle aged women? It's not like women are all kind and sweet and then when they hit 40 suddenly hate all younger women only to suddenly love them again when they are 70. My mom is kind to me and my friends, my coworkers who are middle aged are great too.

You men who say these things must like spending drama and discontent. Want younger women to think their mothers, teachers, mentors hate them. You name call older women, try to make younger women feel hated and alone, and then talk about oggling young women which is kind of creepy. Men my dads age wanting me. Yuck!

It's funny, other women here are basically telling the op that she might have unresolved issues to address and offering suggestions on things she can do to make her situation better and a handful of men here are trying to make her feel more insecure by feeding her fear that she is hated for no reason. Tell me which is the more hateful thing to do.

Last edited by BellaLind; 02-03-2016 at 04:47 PM..

Old 02-03-2016, 04:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
For one thing, post menopausal women are very jealous of pregnant women. .
I'm not 100% sure where you pulled that from.....but to be on the safe side you should wash your hands before you have something to eat.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:34 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Fail. Most of us are married, and couldn't care less about what other middle aged men want. We already found it.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:36 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKathy View Post
I can't be the only who has noticed this animosity that a lot of middle aged women have towards younger women( specifically those in their teens and twenties.) To give you a little background on myself, my mother died of breast cancer when I was thirteen, and never saw much of her growing up since she was in out of mental health institutions all her life. I have grown up with my father who is a wonderful men, but I have always tried to seek out women around his age for friendship since I never saw much of my own mother. My father, like I said is wonderful but there were certain things I never talked to him about growing up that made me uncomfortable, I always felt if I had more female guidance growing up then I would have had easier time making it through middle school and high school.

However every middle aged women that I have tried to befriend or gotten to know on a personal level have all without exception hated me, or greatly disliked me. My middle aged coworkers hated me, my father's girlfriends have all hated me, my female teachers hated me, my ex bf's mother hated me, etc. It is stranger because elderly women specifically those over 75 seem to love me and are very maternal. Every time I tried to seek out maternal guidance for a middle aged women it has always ended badly. For instances I volunteered at a retirement home over the summer, and my coworkers were mostly middle aged women and they were awful! They spread lies about me, trashed me behind my back and always made rude /curt comments about my appearance. I literally bended over backwards to please these women so they would stop trashing me behind my back but it seemed no matter what I did I was always an example of what is wrong with my "generation." All my middle aged female teachers I had growing up use to make disparaging comments about how awful younger women are and how we are all bunch of spoiled rotten entitled brats and were generally emotionally abusive. I remember one time one of my teachers called me a **** in front of the whole class because I wore a top on hot day with spaghetti straps. Nearly all my dad's gfs have emotionally abused me and made me feel like an awful person about myself. All my boyfriends' mothers have hated me, honestly it seems as though women with sons are the worse, they all seem to have this delusional belief that no women especially younger women is good enough for their special snowflake son . I have had more women in this age group spread malicious lies about me, make disparaging comments about my appearance, and just in general treat me like garbage then women my own age!

So all I am asking is, why? I know I am not the only one who has experienced this because my female friends report the same thing. Do women become more socially conservative when they get older therefor look down on younger women because they think they are too liberal? When I worked at the retirement home I made many friends with women in their 70s and 80s who were absolute angels to me and very kind/maternal like my grandmothers. Why do women in their 40s-50s have such a false sense of moral superiority that they think they can trash younger women for not living up to their moral standards, since they were all such virginal innocent angels when they were younger . I am not exaggerating my situation, I get along great with women/men of all ages, race, and religions, its just middle aged women that I have never got along with and I can't seem to figure out why.
I'm a very secure 46 and I don't have issues with younger women at all. But, I find I have more in common and prefer friends (male & female) in my own age group. Could your perceptions be off about them not liking you vs. a simple preference?

Old 02-03-2016, 05:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm not 100% sure where you pulled that from.....but to be on the safe side you should wash your hands before you have something to eat.
Lol. Like we all want another newborn.

I don't know myself. I work in a team of all women and I love it. We eat together; break together; and enjoy each other's company.

The youngest on the team is just a beautiful person inside and out. We love her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships