Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 08:37 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times

Advertisements

Fit attractive and young will always bring hate your way from older women. I also have seen it a hundred times in the workplace. It works both ways. For men its Tom Brady... Guys hate him for obvious reasons.. He has what they WISH they had.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:53 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,453,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKathy View Post
It seems people in this thread can't accept the fact that being gossiping catty witch isn't confined to one demographic.
I don't think anyone has said that. They have, however, said that not ALL middle aged women are like this. In my circle of friends, I swear the middle aged men are far worse than the women when it comes to gossip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
If you really think it's not you, then it sounds like you are in a toxic work environment and your boss is blind to it. Start looking around for another job. I've worked in toxic places too... It's not worth it.
My thought as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
A joke that is common among my friends is that the ONLY way we'd ever go back to our twenties would be if we could go back with the wisdom we've earned now that we're in our fifties. Otherwise - NO WAY. We're much happier overall now than when we were that young.
No kidding. I'd love to take the confidence I have in myself now back to my 20's and see how/if things would've turned out differently.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:59 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,484,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Lol. Maayyybbee. But highly unlikely. I don't know a single woman in my age group who would willingly go back to their 20s. In our 50s we have the family, the home,and the financial security to thumb our noses, but the wisdom to know that if everybody is saying the same thing about us, we need to do some self reflection. We had lots of fun in our 20s, but that fun came with long work hours, dating drama, and worrying much more about silly stuff that we now realize doesn't mean anything in the overall scheme of life.

If I had to go back in time, it would be to age 37.

But then I think of cramps and say, "NAAAHHHHH!"

Old 02-03-2016, 10:00 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
For one thing, post menopausal women are very jealous of pregnant women. I've seen it all my life. It's like a cow thing. Watch the other cows (so jealous) when one of the other cows drop a calf.

Then there's the bod thing. Nothing beats a 20 yr old nulliparous girl. You can daydream all you want. It's just a daydream.

Not all of these 'middle aged' women are post menopausal. The OP says that these 'middle aged' women are in their 40's and 50's- they may not be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Fit attractive and young will always bring hate your way from older women. I also have seen it a hundred times in the workplace. It works both ways. For men its Tom Brady... Guys hate him for obvious reasons.. He has what they WISH they had.
We know the OP is youngish, don't know if she is fit/attractive. And no, not everyone is 'hated on' because of their looks. Personality also plays a part in the likability of a person.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:59 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
No way! I have friends of all ages... much, much younger and much older than me. I don't hate anyone because of how they look or what age they are. That's truly ridiculous. I love being 47. I know who I am. If anything, I simply don't bother with people who are idiotic, immature, nasty, dumb, or petty. And that can be any age group.

When I'm with my friends, we're busy having fun. I can't imagine bothering with cattiness or petty jealousy. Blerg. Life's too short for wiener behavior. Maybe it depends on which part of the world you live in... but where I am, there's none of that, "Oooooh, look at YOU! Aren't you CUTE?" And then eye rolls behind their backs. I would rather stay home than deal with people like that. (But I would give out purple nurples to them.)

Old 02-03-2016, 11:07 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP, do you think you might have a personality disorder of some sort? Your experience seems to be a perception problem.
This^^^

I have three daughters, other Mothers adored them as they knew how to behave, were neat and respectable and conducted themselves in a ladylike fashion.
Ditto for teachers.
As grown women none of them report ANYthing like what you describe, in fact the opposite.

I totally agree that us old bags are jealous of youth after our own looks decline. But I doubt what you describe is based on that, unless you dress like a Playboy bunny and are an obvious tramp.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:22 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKathy View Post
I literally bended over backwards to please these women....
Are you sure about that?

Old 02-03-2016, 11:26 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,385,483 times
I'm almost 40 and I have very strong friendships with women who are much older than me. I also have strong friendships with women who are in their early and mid-20s.

OP, this really does seem to be a YOU problem. I find it very hard to believe that the only middle-aged women you are coming into contact with are the slice of that population who happen to dislike younger women who may be prettier or sexier or whatever.

Since this is bothering you, I think it might be worth spending some bucks on a trip to a therapist.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:29 AM

924 posts, read 752,528 times
I experienced a little of that when I worked as the church secretary.....not that any of the women in the congregation were mean or nasty, but I did feel that they might have had a little more respect/regard for me if I'd been older. (I was 31 at the time, and was one of the younger women at church)

Old 02-03-2016, 11:37 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,754,662 times
Sorry, your premise is flawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships