Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 11:08 AM

10 posts, read 25,410 times

Advertisements

I honestly haven't exaggerated anything, and yes all my female teachers in that age group were awful. The nice ones I had have always been on the younger side or older. I treat everyone the same and that hasn't lead to me having trouble making friends with any other age group. I don't think its about my looks since I am very average looking.

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's a LOT of hate, OP. Very puzzling.

EVERY SINGLE middle age woman you ever encountered HATED you????

Really?
Yes, I think the OP really needs to stop blaming everyone else, take a step back, and try to look objectively at why this might be. Perhaps it's an attitude that you exude without realizing it. Or perhaps it's not, as I used to tell my children, what you say, but how you say it.

At any rate, if absolutely every middle aged woman hates you, as you contend, then logic dictates that it can't be all on their side and you alone are absolutely without fault. Either there are things you are not telling us, or you don't have a clue how you are coming off to other people. Either way, it sounds like it's your problem, not theirs.

Last edited by JAMS14; 02-02-2016 at 11:23 AM..

1,881 posts, read 1,483,991 times
Meh, I'm not buying it. Some may be jealous--I was on the receiving end of that behavior in my 20s as well, often by dumpy, frumpy, overweight women who were just nasty in general and liked to take their frustrations out on me. Meanwhile others mentored me and took an interest in my success.

But if ALL women my age or older dislike her, the more likely scenario is that the OP expects women to react to her the way men do, by giving her preferential treatment, and the OP sees it as animosity when they don't. They are most likely treating her professionally--courteous, but not particularly socially inviting, which is how it should be in those situations because they're not peers. Chances are the OP is violating some kind of boundary with them, but they're not giving her a pass on it the way some men might.

And not for nothing, but I find the OP off-putting out of the gate. There's a false-ingenue quality to it, a pseudo babe-in-the-woods vibe, in addition her apparently being willfully blind to her own role in how people react to her. So it is with first-time posters who have axes to grind against middle-aged women while claiming the female gender themselves. We get a lot of those on the Relationships forum, and there it's apparent by writing style that it's the same couple of young guys with mommy issues and deeply ingrained misogyny. Just a thought.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:16 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,880,458 times
"Every time I tried to seek out maternal guidance for a middle aged women it has always ended badly." From the OP.

Maybe stop approaching all middle aged woman like a surrogate mommy and instead treat them like a peer?

I tend not to 'hate' people without very good reason, but having a 20-something try to get motherly advice out of me instead of friendly advice would put me off and feel very weird.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:23 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKathy View Post
I honestly haven't exaggerated anything, and yes all my female teachers in that age group were awful. The nice ones I had have always been on the younger side or older. I treat everyone the same and that hasn't lead to me having trouble making friends with any other age group. I don't think its about my looks since I am very average looking.
Here is where your "logic" falls apart. You claim that all middle aged women hate/dislike younger women. So did these middle aged teachers also hate every other female student?

If not... It's YOU.

And as for those teachers, I can see why you may have frustrated them as a student.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:25 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
My father didn't have the money to spoil my siblings and I growing up, he is a great father because he made the best of his situation and is very loving. I just want to emphasize that I have never went out of my way to be rude or mean to ANY of women I am talking about above. They have always been the ones who made the first move to bash me. The reason I am asking this question is because it is not all older women have treated me like this, most elderly women like I mentioned have been very kind and loving towards me. I have many female friends in their 70s and 80s. Look, it has never been my intention to look for a second mom, I was never clingy or anything like that. My intentions were to either make acquaintance or friends with the women in question but it has never ended well. I am just frustrated with my situation because I work with a lot of middle aged women and I am just tired of being the center focus of gossip.

What are they saying about you?

Old 02-02-2016, 11:26 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,258,616 times
Quote:

However every middle aged women that I have tried to befriend or gotten to know on a personal level have all without exception hated me, or greatly disliked me. My middle aged coworkers hated me, my father's girlfriends have all hated me, my female teachers hated me, my ex bf's mother hated me, etc. It is stranger because elderly women specifically those over 75 seem to love me and are very maternal. Every time I tried to seek out maternal guidance for a middle aged women it has always ended badly. For instances I volunteered at a retirement home over the summer, and my coworkers were mostly middle aged women and they were awful! They spread lies about me, trashed me behind my back and always made rude /curt comments about my appearance. I literally bended over backwards to please these women so they would stop trashing me behind my back but it seemed no matter what I did I was always an example of what is wrong with my "generation." All my middle aged female teachers I had growing up use to make disparaging comments about how awful younger women are and how we are all bunch of spoiled rotten entitled brats and were generally emotional abusive. I remember one time one of my teachers called me a **** in front of the whole class because I wore a top on hot day with spaghetti straps. Nearly all my dad's gfs have emotional abused me and made me feel like an awful person about myself. All my boyfriends' mothers have hated me, honestly it seems as though women with sons are the worse, they all seem to have this delusional belief that no women especially younger women is good enough for their special snowflake son . I have had more women in this age group spread malicious lies about me, make disparaging comments about my appearance, and just in general treat me like garbage then women my own age!
I have real trouble believing all your female teachers treated you this way. In general, educators are a very nurturing group. When teachers know a student who's lost a parent, they usually take special care and look out for that student.

I really can't see a teacher calling any student something in front of her class that you would have to bleep out just because she wore spaghetti straps. I am also guessing that your school had a dress code that prohibited wearing a top with spaghetti straps without something over it.

What's in your closet? Do your clothes show a lot of skin? Are they overly tight and skimpy?

Maybe you need to overhaul your wardrobe.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:39 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Personality disorder. Can spot this one a mile away.

Mark your C-D Bingo card!

Old 02-02-2016, 11:50 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
Well, perhaps the middle aged women you have come into contact with made wide, sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizations about females your age. Not that you would understand a person making wide, sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizations about people of a certain age.

Oh, and you're right, probably not good enough for my son, but it would not be because I said so.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:52 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Sorry to say, but...
If everyone hates you... it really must be you!

I am older and I have plenty of younger friends. I even mentor 20 and 30 somethings.
Yes, I am not friends with every single woman with whom I cross paths. But there is ZERO hate.

But you having that level of hate with everyone seriously points to you.

This one. ^^^
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.