Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:49 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I started another shawl and a new to me pattern, I am six rows in and still undecided if I like the actual product as much as I liked the photo.
Put it aside for a while? Let your subconscious speak to you.

I just ground through a pair of socks that have been OTN for maybe two years...I hated working with the yarn, but I was stubborn. From now on, if every stitch doesn't make me go, 'Ooooo, shiiinyyyy!' I'd rather frog it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 01:15 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Long week for me.

Parents fighting and trying to stay out of it.
Panthers lose the Super Bowl.
My annual bonus gets devoured by a higher tax rate.
Super cold in DC.

I needed the upcoming long weekend in the worst way.
Was like that here in NY, Until Monday where it went to 50 +. The weather is really strange-We both got that snowstorm that piled heaps of snow and then a warm trend.

People will not stop trying to recruit me to join facebook, Like it's a cult of some kind also this week.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:58 AM

52,214 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Higher than Giraffe P is what I like to say today.....

Old 02-24-2016, 12:20 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
Great idea for a thread, Miss Blue.

I am at home this afternoon, thank goodness. We here in NW Indiana are in the midst of an awful blizzard. My boss (owner/prez of company) sent us packing right after the storm started, and we will be paid for a full day even though we worked less than two hours. What a great boss, huh? He really cares about us.

Extremely high winds are blowing snow sideways; roads are sloppy and very slippery; visibility is nil in many places. I was so glad to make it home safely. It's really terrible out there. And this is coming from someone who loves wintery weather. Today's extremes are just too dangerous to enjoy.

It'll be interesting to see how much digging out I'll have to do in order to get to work tomorrow morning. It's just barely above freezing, so the snow is very heavy and wet.

Who else here has weather events going on today?

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-24-2016 at 12:32 PM..

Old 02-24-2016, 12:26 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,679,165 times
Rain this morning. Sunny skies, 70F and high gusting winds this afternoon. South Carolina.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:08 PM

Our weather has been a moody bi-polar bratty child as of late. Can't really complain overall, but just strange stuff lately.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:10 PM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,876 times
It's pouring and the phones are out.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:55 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Great idea for a thread, Miss Blue.

I am at home this afternoon, thank goodness. We here in NW Indiana are in the midst of an awful blizzard. My boss (owner/prez of company) sent us packing right after the storm started, and we will be paid for a full day even though we worked less than two hours. What a great boss, huh? He really cares about us.

Extremely high winds are blowing snow sideways; roads are sloppy and very slippery; visibility is nil in many places. I was so glad to make it home safely. It's really terrible out there. And this is coming from someone who loves wintery weather. Today's extremes are just too dangerous to enjoy.

It'll be interesting to see how much digging out I'll have to do in order to get to work tomorrow morning. It's just barely above freezing, so the snow is very heavy and wet.

Who else here has weather events going on today?

I am in the Charlotte area (but originally from South Bend and went to middle/high school in New Carlisle...stay warm and safe) and we are having severe Thunderstorms, wind and under a tornado warning until 7pm tonight. It's in the 70's.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:50 PM

It's late like a big dawg and I've just stuffed my guts full of homemade taco makings... doesn't get much better than this....

Old 03-14-2016, 03:38 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,550 times
Hello people, I have a question:

Is it rude to ask a friend to stay some nights at their home? Me and another friend are going to FL probably soon, and I am considering to ask her about this, but I am not sure if it is fine or rude... especially because I don't know how it is considered in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships