Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would happen if 14 of your family members shared a beach house?
We would have a blast, lots of great conversation, food and drink! 74 30.96%
It would be mixed at best- I just don't know. 34 14.23%
It would be a generally miserable week, with some good times 64 26.78%
A living hell with lots of yelling, screaming and no sleep! 67 28.03%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 04:26 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,903,157 times

Advertisements

LOL I knew who was posting this before I even clicked the link.

But:

Quote:
There is four bedrooms and ten beds so some of us will be sleeping on the floor, on the sofa or doubling up in double sized beds.

HELL no.

And I come from a HUGE Greek family who vacation together but NOBODY wants to sleep on floors etc.

Get your own place for sleeping etc.

Besides, I don't get your math why can't the 6 kids be the floor sleepers?

And I doubt anybody is going to rent a 4 bedroom without enough beds to FOURTEEN PEOPLE.

$3000 divided by 14 is $214.00 per person for the entire week.

There are PLENTY of listings for 5/6 BR "sleeps 14" under $3000 in OC, MD.

Now maybe that includes sofa BEDS if that's what you mean by "on the sofa".

But spring for the extra bedrooms!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 04:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
We did that once and it was awesome.

But because we had so many people we pitched tents in the yard. That was awesome and gave some privacy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2016, 05:03 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,655,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto 1697 View Post
i would rather drink a hemlock potion.
You said it best.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:19 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,163,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We did that once and it was awesome.

But because we had so many people we pitched tents in the yard. That was awesome and gave some privacy.
A good friend of my son, and his family, have an annual 4th of July celebration at their small two bedroom 1 1/2 bath lakeside cabin. I believe that last year they had about 8 people sleeping in the cabin and 25 people sleeping outside in various sized tents and campers. But, most people only stayed one night or maybe two nights so it was manageable.

Last edited by germaine2626; 04-16-2016 at 06:43 PM..

Old 04-16-2016, 05:56 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
LOL I knew who was posting this before I even clicked the link.

But:

HELL no.

And I come from a HUGE Greek family who vacation together but NOBODY wants to sleep on floors etc.

Get your own place for sleeping etc.

Besides, I don't get your math why can't the 6 kids be the floor sleepers?

And I doubt anybody is going to rent a 4 bedroom without enough beds to FOURTEEN PEOPLE.

$3000 divided by 14 is $214.00 per person for the entire week.

There are PLENTY of listings for 5/6 BR "sleeps 14" under $3000 in OC, MD.

Now maybe that includes sofa BEDS if that's what you mean by "on the sofa".

But spring for the extra bedrooms!
I just assumed that's how it would be; it's the obvious solution. A couple of kids might sleep on sofas, others can have futons to sleep on the floor. It's not a big deal. If the OP is overwhelmed by the idea, s/he can opt out.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:57 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,191,375 times
With that many people, it's bound to be miserable. I'd rather have a weekend getaway at a beach house with a select few close friends.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:04 PM

429 posts, read 391,015 times
that question alone makes me reach for a bottle of whiskey.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:54 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,768,886 times
I used to do this every year, it was great.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:57 PM

18,476 posts, read 31,648,692 times
put me down for a giant NO!!!.

I get the "hives" just thinking about 14 family members, in one house, ugh!!!.......and these are the ones I even like!!!!

Old 04-16-2016, 09:55 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,626,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
OH YEA, That was always a great time for our Family. We always got to see my wife's side of the family when our kids were young. Not because they lived close but we always seemed to be doing or celebrating something on her side . We live in Florida and her family was from Long Island. My family was from Boston. I wanted my kids to get to know their family from my side as well and this worked out great in that respect. From the time the kids started middle school, till they finished college, we spent every year going to NC Oak Island. My Family from the East Coast were always invited and my older brother and wife help keep every year on tract. Mom's, dad's, brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces all had a great time. Every year the same group didn't make it but for most we did.
We stopped a few years ago when most of the kids got older. My older brother and his wife still take trips together with us every year. Its just that our group is just starting their own family's now. We just got back last week from a trip to Hawaii with my Brother and SIL. During the trip we both discussed about renting a house again in Oak Island. Every time we see our kids, they always talk about the fun times they had at OAK ISLAND and how they miss it.
You'll be among those with three generations on those beach reunions pretty soon with the grandkids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships