Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 04:17 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
If OP wants to know, she needs to create a second account with no connection to the person in question and search for her. If they have a mutual friend, have that person accept the request from the burner account so you can see that account via friends of friends.

I'm not sure if the OP is doing that or not.

With that said, unless the OP see this person on a weekly basis or something, I'm not sure the relationship would be close enough to justify a welfare check. The person isn't communicating, but there's no other evidence anything is wrong. It's strange and rude, but that doesn't necessarily indicate any foul play.

With both accounts, my bet is family/marital drama.
Doing stuff like this and all the driving by the house is stalking.

Why not either knock on the door or call the police. If you are going to do anything be honest and just say that you are losing sleep because of what happened and are very worried that she seems to be missing.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:36 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We don't know if her work has noticed her missing or not. How would the OP know that? She hasn't called the receptionist at work to find out.

That's what I'm thinking also.The OP never inquired to speak with this person when calling her job...only got her voicemail....I don't know.Also if the woman's sister removed her message of of social media...maybe because she didn't know who it was asking this question...thought it could be some stranger so it would be natural to not respond back to someone you don't know and delete the message.She should just have gone up to the woman's house and knocked on the door to ask where the woman is and be done with it.At least she knows where the person lives so she could have done that already.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:55 PM

60 posts, read 58,302 times
I'm a woman

A happily married woman. So I was telling another friend of mine about this situation and my friend says maybe she was jealous of my lifestyle and that's why she dropped me. I have no clue if that's true. Just another thought.

My husband does well financially and we are fortunate to live comfortably. She didn't seem to be jealous so I never thought of that.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:12 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,317,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
I'm a woman

A happily married woman. So I was telling another friend of mine about this situation and my friend says maybe she was jealous of my lifestyle and that's why she dropped me. I have no clue if that's true. Just another thought.

My husband does well financially and we are fortunate to live comfortably. She didn't seem to be jealous so I never thought of that.
okay, so there goes my jealous husband theory..

But if the missing friend has known you a while then she knows that you live comfortably so why would that make a difference now?

Old 06-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
I'm a woman

Honestly, Jazzy, that doesn't explain both of them taking down their social media accounts and her standing you up on Tuesday if she previously had a warm relationship with you.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:23 PM

153 posts, read 130,315 times
I've read all the posts in this thread, but I can't remember everything. Did you say you tried calling her cell phone at some point since she stopped responding, rather than just text? If so, there could be some clues there.

- If the phone went straight to voicemail, it's likely turned off.
- If it rang a couple times before going to voicemail, someone hit ignore on the screen.
- And if it rang several times before going to voicemail, they either just let it ring or didn't see someone was calling.

Just a thought.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:44 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Let it go.
^ Agree.

This thread went from curious, to creepy and stalk'ish

OP, oh my gosh---leave this woman and her family alone. Yes, it sucks to be cut off---but that is what has happened.
If you were doing a drive by at my home, calling my work, calling my sister I would be looking for a restraining order.

Let it go, move on. Sometimes in life we just can't have all the answers.

It is common for people to say they have no idea what happened. But there is always a reason.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:30 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
It seems to me if the friend is just ghosting Jazzy, then why kill their FB pages? That's like using a bazooka to kill a mosquito---in other words, overkill.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:33 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It seems to me if the friend is just ghosting Jazzy, then why kill their FB pages? That's like using a bazooka to kill a mosquito---in other words, overkill.
True. Unless there was some huge falling out, and the friend is mad, and wants to cut the OP off forever. But the OP would know if there'd been a huge blowup. Maybe friend & her husband want privacy for whatever personal reason.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I agree. That's not what's happened. No couple goes dark on facebook to escape an acquaintance/friend who the wife planned to go to lunch with prior to this happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships