Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 07:07 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,038 times

Advertisements

I really don't see where it is your business as to who your friend has as a friend on Facebook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
To be sure I understand, you want to tell a male friend of yours--not a boyfriend, just a guy you hang out with--that he can't be "Facebook friends" with your cousin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
Absolutely.
Man, I laughed hard at that.

Honestly, it's not a big deal, I'm facebook friends that I went to kindergarten with and haven't seen them since.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:15 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
This is the face of 2009, worrying about Facebook.

Oh my god, people are dying of AIDS, starving to death, suffering in the economy and you're worrying about a trivial Facebook problem?

No wonder this world is so screwed.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 PM

279 posts, read 593,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Here's something that puzzles me. If you don't trust this cousin and she's not a nice person, why is she your friend on Facebook? YOU gave her access to your other friends.

Most guys would have a problem with your request because it's not any of your business who they're friends with.
I didn't say my cousin wasn't nice- I don't have any problem with her in general. The last incident I referred to when she spoke to a male friend of mine was like 10 years ago. I didn't think that she would take it upon herself to do it again, but obviously I was wrong.

My point is that I would not have taken it upon myself to add any of her male friends to my Facebook just for the heck of it, and I would like the same courtesy from her.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
I have to say this....that is a totally retarded concern

Old 12-01-2009, 07:21 PM

550 posts, read 1,355,960 times
I'd like to add that I am Facebook friends with pretty much my whole senior class from High School. Half of them I have never said a word to! I just added/confirmed them because you never know if they'll become useful to you in the future.

I just like to keep tabs on people. I'm sure they do also. I'm friends with people I never spoke to in high school now too.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tban View Post
I'd like to add that I am Facebook friends with pretty much my whole senior class from High School. Half of them I have never said a word to! I just added/confirmed them because you never know if they'll become useful to you in the future.

I just like to keep tabs on people. I'm sure they do also. I'm friends with people I never spoke to in high school now too.
Yes, that's fine and I have people on my friends list that I don't speak to also, but the point is that I DO know them from someplace and I didn't just STEAL them off somebody else's list. There's a difference, people! LOL This guy is MY friend, not hers and she knows this!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:31 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:

Am I being unreasonable?
Absolutely. And then some.

If you don't want someone on your list being able to see who is making comments...and subsequently add that person...then you need to change your privacy settings. Or delete your cousin.

This is so ridiculous that I thought it was a joke.

Quote:
Yes, that's fine and I have people on my friends list that I don't speak to also, but the point is that I DO know them from someplace and I didn't just STEAL them off somebody else's list. There's a difference, people! LOL This guy is MY friend, not hers and she knows this!
It's okay for people to be on your list even though you don't talk to them. But it's bad for her to have met your guy friend once and add him? Where's the difference?

I'm sorry, but you sound like a child.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:33 PM

917 posts, read 2,948,314 times
How many other friends does your cousin have on Facebook? She may be a serial friender and friend everybody she sees so that she can have 1000 friends or whatever. Some people actually think it matters if they look like they know lots of people.

If she's only got 6 friends, then yes, it is odd. If she has hundreds, then who cares?

Old 12-01-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
How many other friends does your cousin have on Facebook? She may be a serial friender and friend everybody she sees so that she can have 1000 friends or whatever. Some people actually think it matters if they look like they know lots of people.

If she's only got 6 friends, then yes, it is odd. If she has hundreds, then who cares?
She has a lot of Facebook friends and I think she would pretty much add anyone to her page, but my point is- if she sees a guy friend of mine leave a comment on my page like "you're hot" or something, and she knows she's only met him one time and it was through me, why would she add him? I don't go to her page and add guys to my friends list who flirt with her. For all she knows, I could be hooking up with this guy. She and I don't see each other or talk that often so she doesn't know every detail of my life. She just didn't bother to ask me for clarification on our relationship before she added him. She's not just some random chick on my page, she's family, and I just think what she did was totally shady and disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships