Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 02:08 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,161,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Lol, I was making more money in Charlotte but the pay is good here as well. Even have time to goof off on internet from time to time. Raleigh (Cary with two moderately tall buildings) is your mecca and riding around I-540 all day is being well traveled in your small world. You have nothing to compare it too, it's like being told you're smart until you meet really intelligent people...like in college or on this forum, but you wouldn't know about that having never graduated from any of the great Triangle schools.....but ignorance is bliss.

You have to go to school in order to school anyone. You are child's play, light work and a mental midget but none the less a needed toy to pass by a slow biz day.

Of course I will move soon...but I guarantee all you'll ever know is I-540...not the toll portion, I'm sure you'll never venture to that side, get my drift.
Big "Aristotle", more like Big Bird, lol

So, did you get fired from the other job for a bad attitude or general incompetence

So very bitter and angry, lol Sounds like you have some bigger issues to work through than location, doesn't sound like you'd be really happy anywhere.

Oh, couldn't help but notice you never responded to the links, maybe you were too busy eating crow, lol

Last edited by Raleigh540; 05-05-2015 at 02:47 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 02:17 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
From your link: "Some 50 miles of new lines, focusing on a LRT or CR system between downtown Raleigh and downtown Durham, with a possible extension to Chapel Hill; Streetcar networks in Durham and Raleigh possible as well"

Like Union Station and "Central Park", it's coming.
If you will notice, Raleigh has no funding and no plans. All it says is Raleigh is looking at what can pass the US transportation Department. You have yet posted that Raleigh wants to add a transit tax in 2016, and if you support it.

You are not telling poster on this forum what the Downtown Raleigh Alliance is doing, do you ever go to any of its public meeting. Have you ever gone to a Raleigh/Wake transit meeting?

I could care less what some writer in a far away place that never set foot in North Carolina says about Raleigh. You do not post pictures and your honest opinion what is going on in Raleigh.

You are being dishonest on the site trying to make Raleigh look better than any city in the North Carolina and the USA.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
If you will notice, Raleigh has no funding and no plans. All it says is Raleigh is looking at what can pass the US transportation Department. You have yet posted that Raleigh wants to add a transit tax in 2016, and if you support it.

You are not telling poster on this forum what the Downtown Raleigh Alliance is doing, do you ever go to any of its public meeting. Have you ever gone to a Raleigh/Wake transit meeting?

I could care less what some writer in a far away place that never set foot in North Carolina says about Raleigh. You do not post pictures and your honest opinion what is going on in Raleigh.

You are being dishonest on the site trying to make Raleigh look better than any city in the North Carolina and the USA.

I'm posting multiple links from multiple independent sources, how is that dishonest? I didn't do the studies or the write ups.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
It might come. Wake hasn't even determined if it will fund transit yet & the Durham line is in the very early stages. But as you can see there is no shortage of communities around the country fighting for a very limited amount of funding
there are also no shortages of communities and state legislatures and governors on that list who are hostile to public transportation, for example my understanding is Florida's Governor turned away billions for light rail, so other states got to divvy it up. Triangle light rail is coming, it WILL be the next metro that gets it, just a matter of how soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYqTVOzxyw8

Old 05-05-2015, 02:36 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times
Quote:
It might come. Wake hasn't even determined if it will fund transit yet & the Durham line is in the very early stages. But as you can see there is no shortage of communities around the country fighting for a very limited amount of funding
Winston-Salem is looking for funding for a streetcar line an has been for some time. It's been approved by all of the local authorities and has been studied and planned to death. It's ready to go except for funding.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:38 PM

743 posts, read 825,666 times
Quote:
there are also no shortages of communities and state legislatures and governors who are hostile to public transportation, for example my understanding is Florida's Governor turned away billions, so other states got to divvy it up. Triangle light rail is coming, it WILL be the next metro that gets it, just a matter of how soon.
And the State of North Carolina has indicated it will no longer provide 25% of the funding but transit projects can qualify for transportation funding thru the same process roads do. It is highly unlikely that any transit project any where in the state will be rated a higher priority than a road project period. So any mass transit project is looking at funding 50% of the cost even if it meets the federal requirements for funding.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
And the State of North Carolina has indicated it will no longer provide 25% of the funding but transit projects can qualify for transportation funding thru the same process roads do. It is highly unlikely that any transit project any where in the state will be rated a higher priority than a road project period. So any mass transit project is looking at funding 50% of the cost even if it meets the federal requirements for funding.
I'm not concerned. It'll happen, just have to change who controls the state legislature and will that will change soon enough too

Old 05-05-2015, 02:52 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,966,394 times
Quote:
I'm not concerned. It'll happen, just have to change who controls the state legislature and will that will change soon enough too
Uh.. no it won't. Unless the Supreme Court throws out the district map we're stuck with these sponges for life basically. Elections don't matter in this state. It'll be ten years at least, probably.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:15 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,421 times
Quote:
Can you hear the Charlatans….especially the guy who's only been to NC once in his life….grinding the enamel off their teeth over this?
Not at all honestly. Why can't Raleigh be original then saying its their version of Central Park. If the city is so great then market it as as something Raleigh came up with. Not something from a world class city and saying hey we have that also because you don't. Does Raleigh have rail going to the park. Hmm not at all but Charlottes light rail extension will have a stop at first ward park. I'm just saying since Raleigh540 wants to post articles on why this city is so great, why copy another city's park?

Old 05-05-2015, 03:24 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
Quote:
The way districts are set up, it won't happen. Sad to say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina