Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 09:58 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,442,967 times

Advertisements

With the set limits of funding for LRT, it means that the cities will have to come up with more money to cover the state funding limits. I can see Charlotte wanting to go from 1/2cent to 1 cent tax to cover the lost from the state.

I feel the pain that Durham and Chapel Hill are going through trying to get a LRT line between the 2 cities.

The GA has their head in the ground and refuse to see how a light rail system is needed in North Carolina largest cities.

I hope cooler heads will come along and change the States stand on LRT funding.

I do not know how Raleigh is going to approach their funding for LRT.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:00 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,519,330 times
But not to worry, because the bookies say it’s not likely to happen anyway. And if by some chance Amazon does locate its second headquarters in the Triangle, you can be certain that Charlotte will say: We didn’t want it anyway.

Read more here: Amazon HQ2: Charlotte upset it's not finalist but Raleigh is | News & Observer

This also explains why Charlotte posters want to hijack the NC development thread.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:55 PM

743 posts, read 827,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
But not to worry, because the bookies say it’s not likely to happen anyway. And if by some chance Amazon does locate its second headquarters in the Triangle, you can be certain that Charlotte will say: We didn’t want it anyway.

Read more here: Amazon HQ2: Charlotte upset it's not finalist but Raleigh is | News & Observer

This also explains why Charlotte posters want to hijack the NC development thread.
Not that surprised local polticians & chamber types being upset because you know that's what they do but how exactly has the development thread been derailed?

Old 02-03-2018, 12:58 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,401,295 times
Quote:

Hijack the NC development thread with the yearly Raleigh development report and Charlotte development report that just came out?

If you mean because uptown and SouthEnd numbers are starting to be reported together, again, I can only guess how the 8,200 units planned or U/C are split between the two. 5000/3000. And if they wanted to inflate the numbers, they would’ve done 2sq. Miles or included midtown and westend, Plaza, NoDa. SouthEnd is just becoming an extension of uptown.

Old 02-03-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
Not that surprised local polticians & chamber types being upset because you know that's what they do but how exactly has the development thread been derailed?
Who said it was derailed? I'm not the only one who thinks that one of you is going in that direction. Posting cooked stats comparing Raleigh and Charlotte. It's a clean thread. The city vs city comparisons aren't needed there. That's how the last NC development thread got closed. The Charlotte echo chamber couldn't control themselves,remember?

Some of you can't control your superiority/inferiority complex.

That's why many of your leaders can't believe Charlotte got passed on by Amazon and Raleigh didn't. It looks like it's not just posters on city data. It goes all the way to city hall apparently

Old 02-03-2018, 02:51 PM

743 posts, read 827,109 times
Quote:
Who said it was derailed? I'm not the only one who thinks that one of you is going in that direction. Posting cooked stats comparing Raleigh and Charlotte. It's a clean thread. The city vs city comparisons aren't needed there. That's how the last NC development thread got closed. The Charlotte echo chamber couldn't control themselves,remember?

Some of you can't control your superiority/inferiority complex.

That's why many of your leaders can't believe Charlotte got passed on by Amazon and Raleigh didn't. It looks like it's not just posters on city data. It goes all the way to city hall apparently
Or you & whomever is just to sensitive. What cooked stats are you referring to by the way?

Old 02-03-2018, 04:48 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,442,967 times
Our leader will get over their disappointment. I personally am glade we were pass by. Charlotte is now adding more people to the city every year than Raleigh, and they have a lot. It would be a drag on the tax payers of Charlotte to fund all Amazon's demands. We have Amazon warehouse here and that is enough. To add 50,000 on top of the number of people moving here would be too much. I am glade we did not have to spend city money for Amazon to come here. The price to get Amazon is too high for what you have to spend.

Raleigh can have Amazon with all the problems it will cause from all the demands it will ask the tax payers to pay for.
If you want to know what Amazon can do for you look at Seattle.

How Amazon Swallowed Seattle

Seattle is dead and Amazon killed it.
The recent news around Amazon has focused on the company as a workplace. Much of it has been unflattering, all of it is accurate. But a more comprehensive indictment of Amazon would also describe its effect on the rest of Seattle, which used to be a great place to live. In recent years, it has become consumed by Amazon.
I was born here, in 1988. My city was a gentle, easygoing place, a salad of cultural influences: citizens of the outdoors, of grunge and high art, with a dash of software among its bluebloods. Here I reveled in mild weather and glorious views; here I played in the best high-school orchestra in the nation (at a public school), and surrounded myself with brilliant people who understood me and made me better.

How Amazon Swallowed Seattle

Last edited by CLT1985; 02-03-2018 at 04:56 PM..

Old 02-03-2018, 05:08 PM

Literally the folks who were way too excited about Amazon considering CLT are the same ones posting why they are relieved Amazon isn’t coming.

Anyone who keeps claiming that it’s good CLT was passed on or Denver’s mayor and NC’s gov. Are Tempering expectations by saying how it might be a good thing Amazon passes us up have, to quote obnoxious Triangle posters, “sour grapes.”

You’re really setting yourself up to be trolled with the “I don’t want Amazon” narrative. CLT would’ve rolled over to have Amazon. The buses literally just stopped saying “Hey, Amazon! CLT IS PRIME”

So while CLT1986 explains to us why he didn’t really want Amazon and he thinks it’s bad, we can hear Atown and Metro tell us how it’s fake news that uptown is blowing the panties off downtown Raleigh development wise (quantity. Not quality. That’s opinion)

Anyone else living in denial who wants to put it out there?

Last edited by Charlotte485; 02-03-2018 at 05:18 PM..

Old 02-03-2018, 09:10 PM

Meanwhile, a nice mention from ATL falcons owner

Quote:

Blank called Charlotte one of the league’s “premier markets,” citing the city’s growth and the Panthers’ strong fan base and on-field product.

Read more here: Falcons' Arthur Blank doesn't see Panthers leaving Charlotte | Charlotte Observer
Quote:

“No. 1, it’s a great city. No. 2, I think it’s great for the NFL. The fans are fabulous. Not only fabulous in Charlotte, but they travel. We see them in Atlanta, probably more than we want to see,” Blank said Friday during an interview with the Observer.

Read more here: Falcons' Arthur Blank doesn't see Panthers leaving Charlotte | Charlotte Observer
Quote:

“It’s a growth city. And just looking at it – forget about who the owner may be, he or she in the future – it’s one of the premier markets, I think, in the NFL.”

Old 02-03-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Meanwhile, a nice mention from ATL falcons owner
The fact that you have posted multiple times today in this thread speaks for itself. Even though you try to hide it. You're obsessed with Raleigh.

Why aren't you out enjoying your fabulous city? Instead of looking for every occasion to prove Charlottes superiority.

It's all in fun for most of us. You on the other hand have and continue to make a career out of Charlotte vs Raleigh.

How long have you been posting in Raleigh vs Charlotte threads?? Well over 10 years???

You need another hobby,pitiful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina