Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 07:02 PM

653 posts, read 221,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Maybe we shouldn't have protested when and the way we did? I thought we were doing good. Now I feel like it was for the worse?
Of course they greatly helped to spread the virus, but they had a special hall pass to do so. We saw it all over the Raleigh news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 07:04 PM

628 posts, read 400,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
Of course they greatly helped to spread the virus, but they had a special hall pass to do so. We saw it all over the Raleigh news.
I don't think I've ever heard the First Amendment of the United States Constitution called a "special hall pass".

Old 06-27-2020, 07:11 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,421,537 times
My problem is WHERE DO WE GET THESE REQUIRED MASK? Don't the rule makers know that the homemade non medical mask dont work ? If they want me to wear a real mask they need to make one available to me......gezzzzz

Old 06-27-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
My problem is WHERE DO WE GET THESE REQUIRED MASK? Don't the rule makers know that the homemade non medical mask dont work ? If they want me to wear a real mask they need to make one available to me......gezzzzz
Don't work for what?

Old 06-27-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
I don't think I've ever heard the First Amendment of the United States Constitution called a "special hall pass".
The special pass was from healthcare professionals saying it was okay to protest and riot even though it was going to spread the virus, because the protests and riots are more important than limiting the virus spread.

Health-Care Workers Say Protests Are Vital Despite Coronavirus Risks

Old 06-27-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
The special pass was from healthcare professionals saying it was okay to protest and riot even though it was going to spread the virus, because the protests and riots are more important than limiting the virus spread.
Irrelevant. First Amendment rights trump (no pun intended) healthcare professionals opinion.

Doubly irrelevant since this has nothing to do NC moving into Phase 3. So in summary, as usual, your posts are irrelevant. But thanks for playing!

Old 06-27-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Irrelevant. First Amendment rights trump (no pun intended) healthcare professionals opinion.

Doubly irrelevant since this has nothing to do NC moving into Phase 3. So, in summary, as usual, your posts are irrelevant. But thanks for playing!
You may want to comprehend what was posted a little bit better. The right to protest did not have to trump healthcare professionals. Go back a read it again. The healthcare professionals were in favor of the protestors even though it was spreading the virus, not against them.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
You may want to comprehend what was posted a little bit better. The right to protest did not have to trump healthcare professionals. Go back a read it again. The healthcare professionals were in favor of the protestors even though it was spreading the virus, not against them.
You're not understanding, which is hardly a surprise. Protests are legally permitted under the First Amendment. Healthcare professionals opinion doesn't matter, whether for or against the protests. Sorry thats to fine a point for you to comprehend.

Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 06-27-2020 at 07:35 PM..

Old 06-27-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
You're not understanding, which is hardly a surprise. Protests are legally permitted under the First Amendment. Healthcare professionals opinion doesn't matter, whether for or against the protests. Sorry thats to fine a point for you to comprehend.
I really appreciate all your snide posts to so many people. You are quite good at it. You must practice a lot to get that proficient at it. For the record, I was responding to an existing post from another person so that is how we got to this subject. I am sorry if you are having a very difficult time understanding that North Carolina healthcare professionals were telling us all to social distance at least 6 feet apart, wear masks and not scream in people's faces because the Covid situation was life threatening to so many and then they made an exception and gave a hall pass to protestors and rioters to do exactly what they said was a worst case scenario. I am sorry if you cannot understand the complete hypocrisy of that. I am sorry if you feel the need to bring in some off the wall thing about the federal amendments that have nothing to do with what we were talking about. I am sorry you are a right winger who clings to such things. I am sorry that you are so confused about what we are talking about here in NC. I am sorry you are having such a hard time understanding that we were talking about the spread of the virus in NC. Have a great evening. Wishing you well.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I really appreciate all your snide posts to so many people. You are quite good at it. You must practice a lot to get that proficient at it. For the record, I was responding to an existing post from another person so that is how we got to this subject. I am sorry if you are having a very difficult time understanding that North Carolina healthcare professionals were telling us all to social distance at least 6 feet apart, wear masks and not scream in people's faces because the Covid situation was life threatening to so many and then they made an exception and gave a hall pass to protestors and rioters to do exactly what they said was a worst case scenario. I am sorry if you cannot understand the complete hypocrisy of that. I am sorry if you feel the need to bring in some off the wall thing about the federal amendments that have nothing to do with what we were talking about. I am sorry you are a right winger who clings to such things. I am sorry that you are so confused about what we are talking about here in NC. I am sorry you are having such a hard time understanding that we were talking about the spread of the virus in NC. Have a great evening. Wishing you well.
LOL, I'm sorry you have no idea about anything. But you have lots of company these days.

BTW, I'm not a "right winger". Thats hilarious. Wrong and irrelevant on your part, again!

Yes, I hope you have a nice evening as well, Mr. Anarchist Troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina