Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 08:15 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,584,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
How long will it take before someone without a mask spreads COVID and gets sued?

Highly unlikely since asymptomatic carriers don't spread the virus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 05:10 AM

628 posts, read 400,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
That is not a correct statement.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
That is not a correct statement.

You're right, it's not. What I should've posted it's highly unlikely to be spread by asymptomatic carriers. I stand corrected.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:20 AM

Quote:
You're right, it's not. What I should've posted it's highly unlikely to be spread by asymptomatic carriers. I stand corrected.
https://science.sciencemag.org/conte.../6491/eabb6936

"Evidence exists for each of these routes of transmission: symptomatic, presymptomatic, asymptomatic, and environmental."

Plus, one can be presymptomatic and spread the virus, which is, for all practical purposes, the same thing.

The study you're so fond of quoting is based on ONE individual.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
https://science.sciencemag.org/conte.../6491/eabb6936

"Evidence exists for each of these routes of transmission: symptomatic, presymptomatic, asymptomatic, and environmental."

Plus, one can be presymptomatic and spread the virus, which is, for all practical purposes, the same thing.

The study you're so fond of quoting is based on ONE individual.

Uhhhh..... maybe you'd like to read again?

Old 06-29-2020, 09:11 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,897,633 times
Quote:
Who said the person without the mask was asymptomatic?

There have been plenty of stories of people who KNEW they were ill, even those who tested positive, going out in public without masks.

If I got infected by such a person I would sue them for everything I could get.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:35 AM

5,459 posts, read 6,061,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Who said the person without the mask was asymptomatic?

There have been plenty of stories of people who KNEW they were ill, even those who tested positive, going out in public without masks.

If I got infected by such a person I would sue them for everything I could get.
And just how would you know who passed it to you when the incubation period may be 10 to 14 days?
Are you taking names and addresses and date/time of encounter of people you see in an establishment while not wearing a mask?

Old 07-05-2020, 03:29 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times
I mean technically we don't know too much if an asymptomatic person can transmit or not

I mean someone who knows more about infection disease can hopefully clarify

From my experience with the virus people with low viral counts shed the virus but little risk of contamination from the bug

However, that raises the question if someone who is asymptomatic if they have a larger viral load and sneeze is their risk of contamination

Seems there isn't a definitive answer if the virus is aerolized. Supposedly can live out of the body for 3 to 4 hours without direct sunlight in the air. Certain material can have the live virus for X amount of days.

So a mask is not 100% foolproof. However, it limits the spread of the virus and lowers the numbers down. Of one person has the virus on them they give it to someone then that person gives it to someone with an immunocompromised system well they are going to have a rough couple weeks.

So in the end be a hero wear a mask ha.

Old 07-05-2020, 05:48 PM

653 posts, read 221,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I mean technically we don't know too much if an asymptomatic person can transmit or not

I mean someone who knows more about infection disease can hopefully clarify

From my experience with the virus people with low viral counts shed the virus but little risk of contamination from the bug

However, that raises the question if someone who is asymptomatic if they have a larger viral load and sneeze is their risk of contamination

Seems there isn't a definitive answer if the virus is aerolized. Supposedly can live out of the body for 3 to 4 hours without direct sunlight in the air. Certain material can have the live virus for X amount of days.

So a mask is not 100% foolproof. However, it limits the spread of the virus and lowers the numbers down. Of one person has the virus on them they give it to someone then that person gives it to someone with an immunocompromised system well they are going to have a rough couple weeks.

So in the end be a hero wear a mask ha.
If our lame, weak and vote pandering Governor thought masks were more important than the votes he seeks, he would have mandated the individual have to wear masks and hold the individual responsible. But he is so weak and wants the votes so bad he is choosing to make businesses be mask police so they get the blame instead of him.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
If our lame, weak and vote pandering Governor thought masks were more important than the votes he seeks, he would have mandated the individual have to wear masks and hold the individual responsible. But he is so weak and wants the votes so bad he is choosing to make businesses be mask police so they get the blame instead of him.
And how in the world would this responsibility be enforced? As a practical matter, it can't. Our strong, intelligent and savvy Governor is well aware of this fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina