Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 06:32 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,584,059 times

Advertisements

So now I'm noticing along with these plastic dental floss things being thrown down all over the ground I'm seeing masks simply thrown on the ground too. Pathetic how lazy we are as a society.

What else is quite unnerving are these people wearing ball caps pulled down low, dark glasses and a bandanna or some pull-over thing as a mask walking around in stores. Every time I see one I'm expecting an armed robbery to occur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 07:44 AM

5,459 posts, read 6,061,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
So now I'm noticing along with these plastic dental floss things being thrown down all over the ground I'm seeing masks simply thrown on the ground too. Pathetic how lazy we are as a society.

What else is quite unnerving are these people wearing ball caps pulled down low, dark glasses and a bandanna or some pull-over thing as a mask walking around in stores. Every time I see one I'm expecting an armed robbery to occur.
Geez, what the heck is it with all those little plastic single use dental floss thingys? I see them everywhere!
People must be indiscriminately flossing as they walk down the street.
What can possibly be their train of thought?
"Oh, there's that poppyseed from the bagel this morning, let me pull out my zip lock bag of single floss sticks and grab that little sucker before it gets dislodged and I swallow it, wouldn't want to spoil my lunch this close to noon."

We must be surrounded by such intelligencia and the number appears to be growing.

Wonder how long before the first reports of a concealed carry citizen shooting a would be robber because of they are wearing a mask and ball cap?
I can hear it now, "Officer the store clerk's description matched them perfectly and they began to run when they saw the gun I pulled out." (all the while, the upstanding citizen shooter is wearing a ball cap and mask)

SMH!!!!

Old 07-06-2020, 10:36 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
And how in the world would this responsibility be enforced? As a practical matter, it can't. Our strong, intelligent and savvy Governor is well aware of this fact.
Coming from the North I can't recall but certain places not wearing a mask you were fined $500-$1000 I do believe

Old 07-06-2020, 10:50 AM

628 posts, read 400,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Coming from the North I can't recall but certain places not wearing a mask you were fined $500-$1000 I do believe
By whom? When? How? What percentage of those not wearing masks were ticketed? If one is expecting the police to do, thats absurd. Compare the number of businesses by the number of police officers not engaged other duties and what do you get?

Old 07-06-2020, 07:24 PM

653 posts, read 221,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
That is the way it should be done if wearing masks is what you think should be done. The only reason we are not doing it is because it would cost our Governor votes, so he is choosing votes over lives. Pure and simple.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:00 AM

628 posts, read 400,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
That is the way it should be done if wearing masks is what you think should be done. The only reason we are not doing it is because it would cost our Governor votes, so he is choosing votes over lives. Pure and simple.
By that "logic" Cooper wouldn't require masks at all. Nonsensical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina