Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 08:19 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
I love how the left lies to blame Trumpist only. We have all seen the news coverage of who are at the bars not wearing masks. They are young people. Facts is that young people are disproportionately Democrat over Republican by a wide margin. So you can bet that more than half of the people at bars and in the protests that you did not have a concern about are Democrats who support eh failed Governor. Not all, but no less than half.

Young people are mostly Democrats

So are you for mask or against mask? Because it seems like you’re against the Democratic Party that pushed wearing mask and it seems like you’re also against Democrats for not being more strict on making people wear mask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 08:26 AM

653 posts, read 221,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
I’m eagerly awaiting how those upset over cooper are reacting to Texas & Florida. Particularly as reopening also are delayed and that they might have to go backwards in further restrictions.
I think all 50 governors have had the same poor plan. Some have had worse effects than others, like the 25,000 dead in NY, but they all are based on the same failed policies.

Old 06-27-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
So are you for mask or against mask? Because it seems like you’re against the Democratic Party that pushed wearing mask and it seems like you’re also against Democrats for not being more strict on making people wear mask.
I am against both the Democrat Party and the Republican Party. All states have had the same basic plan. Shut down and open back up in stages and then eventually consider mandating masks. I wear a mask and nitrile gloves, but I do it out of respect for the fear that other people have decided to live with. I think the way we have gone about this has been completely wrong. I think we should have protected the elderly and at risk and let everyone else go about their lives, keep their jobs, not put 40% of minority owned businesses out of commission for good. The virus can out wait us. We should have let it run its course as quickly as possible while protecting those who needed protecting. Wearing masks only prolongs how long the virus will be around by not letting it infect as many people as quickly as it could. I chose to get the virus early on. Now I donate my antibody rich plasma to save the lives of others. I also can now visit and assist those with the virus and never have gotten reinfected. It is the hypocrisy of politicians and their supporters I highlight. Some people want to say how great the Governor has done but as I have shown he chose votes over lives if you believe that wearing masks is important. They all have.

Old 06-27-2020, 09:10 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
NC needs to take a cue from Massachusetts, which once had some of the highest Covid #s in the nation and now has the lowest transmission rate in the nation: Wear a friggin' mask and practice social distancing. This is not difficult, people. You want to avoid another lockdown? You want the economy to start back up again? WEAR A MASK AND PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. Even now, almost everybody in Massachusetts continues to do this. Why? BECAUSE THEY DON"T WANT ANOTHER LOCKDOWN. And until a vaccine is approved, these are the only measures that work. For those who continue to politicize something as relatively trivial as wearing a mask: grow up. If you think Covid-19 is a "hoax" perpetrated by "Dems" or "Libs," you have serious mental problems--and really need to unplug from right-wing crazy world. Who knew that "Dems" and "Libs" were SO powerful that they have perpetrated such a "hoax" on the WHOLE WORLD!! Frankly, it would be nice if you stopped proving to the world that the U.S. is full of uneducated crazy people.
Agreed.

Old 06-27-2020, 09:38 AM

4,586 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Organic is correct

Old 06-27-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
NC needs to take a cue from Massachusetts, which once had some of the highest Covid #s in the nation and now has the lowest transmission rate in the nation: Wear a friggin' mask and practice social distancing. This is not difficult, people. You want to avoid another lockdown? You want the economy to start back up again? WEAR A MASK AND PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. Even now, almost everybody in Massachusetts continues to do this. Why? BECAUSE THEY DON"T WANT ANOTHER LOCKDOWN. And until a vaccine is approved, these are the only measures that work. For those who continue to politicize something as relatively trivial as wearing a mask: grow up. If you think Covid-19 is a "hoax" perpetrated by "Dems" or "Libs," you have serious mental problems--and really need to unplug from right-wing crazy world. Who knew that "Dems" and "Libs" were SO powerful that they have perpetrated such a "hoax" on the WHOLE WORLD!! Frankly, it would be nice if you stopped proving to the world that the U.S. is full of uneducated crazy people.
Do you realize Massachusetts has the 3rd highest death total of all the states in the country? Massachusetts being a tiny state has one of the worst records of all. Not something any state would want to emulate. Watch in the coming weeks and they will surge up again as they are starting to open up more, so they will add to those insanely high deaths totals. Covid is still everywhere and will spread as people get out. It can't be out waited.

Massachusetts death total 3rd highest in the entire country

Old 06-27-2020, 10:11 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
It defies logic to me. If you roll out too early you run the risk (which has happened) of shutting down for an even longer period of time, thereby further jeopardizing businesses and the economy to a greater extent.

Wear masks indoors or in close proximity, social distance, touch things only as absolutely necessary. It really hurts no one to follow those simple rules.
Yes, it may be an inconvenience to people, but better to have limited availability and rules to follow than to shut everything down because many won't follow simple rules.

It just amazes me how many people, old and young, defy something as easy as one way aisles in stores. WTH! How can that even be an issue?

This should never be about politics, it should be about human beings and common sense and respect for all people.
We are so quick to turn on others, defensive about everything. Yet that is NOT the way WE want to be treated personally. Think!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2020, 05:58 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,550,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
Do you realize Massachusetts has the 3rd highest death total of all the states in the country? Massachusetts being a tiny state has one of the worst records of all. Not something any state would want to emulate. Watch in the coming weeks and they will surge up again as they are starting to open up more, so they will add to those insanely high deaths totals. Covid is still everywhere and will spread as people get out. It can't be out waited.

Massachusetts death total 3rd highest in the entire country
Well, that's some creative number-crunching, I have to say. Let me offer some corrections:

1) Massachusetts has the 4th highest death TOTAL of all the states--beginning with the first arrival of Covid to the present.

2) Massachusetts governor declared lockdown, masks to be worn in public, and social distancing observed--all of which Massachusetts citizens were on board with--cuz, you know, death.

3) Massachusetts NOW has the second LOWEST rate of transmission of all the states in the country--after WEEKS of being "open." That's what happens when adults believe in science and make serious efforts to contain the virus.

4) Even though Massachusetts has been open for weeks, people still wear masks and practice social distancing. Economy picking up. People in Massachusetts understand that just because business is open for business again doesn't mean that precautions can be tossed aside.

5) Unlike in Massachusetts, North Carolina's #s started to climb after reopening--because too many NC citizens don't really care if they expose other people to potential death or lifelong health problems--cuz, you know, "freedom."

There, a little correction for you. If people in NC want to go without masks and social distancing, they will have only themselves to blame when they cause the death numbers to climb, find themselves in lockdown again and the economy once again battered. All because they childishly and petulantly refuse to wear masks and practice social distancing, both of which--as proven in Massachusetts--are the only reliable way to lower transmission rates.

Not exactly higher math, but nevertheless difficult for some people to understand.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:16 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Maybe we shouldn't have protested when and the way we did? I thought we were doing good. Now I feel like it was for the worse?

Old 06-27-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Well, that's some creative number-crunching, I have to say. Let me offer some corrections:

1) Massachusetts has the 4th highest death TOTAL of all the states--beginning with the first arrival of Covid to the present.

2) Massachusetts governor declared lockdown, masks to be worn in public, and social distancing observed--all of which Massachusetts citizens were on board with--cuz, you know, death.

3) Massachusetts NOW has the second LOWEST rate of transmission of all the states in the country--after WEEKS of being "open." That's what happens when adults believe in science and make serious efforts to contain the virus.

4) Even though Massachusetts has been open for weeks, people still wear masks and practice social distancing. Economy picking up. People in Massachusetts understand that just because business is open for business again doesn't mean that precautions can be tossed aside.

5) Unlike in Massachusetts, North Carolina's #s started to climb after reopening--because too many NC citizens don't really care if they expose other people to potential death or lifelong health problems--cuz, you know, "freedom."

There, a little correction for you. If people in NC want to go without masks and social distancing, they will have only themselves to blame when they cause the death numbers to climb, find themselves in lockdown again and the economy once again battered. All because they childishly and petulantly refuse to wear masks and practice social distancing, both of which--as proven in Massachusetts--are the only reliable way to lower transmission rates.

Not exactly higher math, but nevertheless difficult for some people to understand.
So by your logic the plan is to kill everyone first and then declare deaths went down after everybody has died off because there is no one left to die. Brilliant. No wonder this country is in such a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina