Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 04:21 PM

31 posts, read 42,746 times

Advertisements

That was so long ago I do not remember but I think it was about 20. I never drew EB since I had to set up new benefit year. Like I said I will believe it when I see it. Hoping that he is right but not banking on it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 04:22 PM

407 posts, read 660,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Eh, I got that too. Although that was the only letter I got. I'm still waiting on the EB letter. That'd be nice.

My big concern is that I successfully filed on Sunday, yet there's still nothing showing up in my account nor is it marked in my online ESC account. I don't know whats going on there.
I am in the same boat

BUTTTTT the rep told me it was b/c the system tried to pay me out of Tier 4
which i have no $$$ in
and they had to manually open an EB claim for me this morning
so ill know in a few days how and if that worked

BUT if u dont call them, it wont happen automaticallly

Old 09-28-2010, 04:22 PM

330 posts, read 460,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I was one of the few that did get EUC, I couldnt believe it and went to their office to look at the screen qualified by 56.00!!!! go figure!
i think, THINK, mathematically, about half the people got a 2nd Year EUC and half didnt.
to satisfy 1.5x, you have to be at least halfway through the quarter when youre laid off, barring some funky wages right before you were laid off.
say you made $2000/mnth. whatever the 1st Q of your base period, thats $6000.
halfway through the 2 Q, youve made about $3000.
a total of $9000, or 1.5x $6000.

again, the ideal time to get laid off was the last week of the last month of any quarter, IF you were being paid in full at your job.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:23 PM

407 posts, read 660,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
That was so long ago I do not remember but I think it was about 20. I never drew EB since I had to set up new benefit year. Like I said I will believe it when I see it. Hoping that he is right but not banking on it!
WELL if u can
try the math and see
take the overpayment amount and divide it by the weeks deducted from the 20 EB
if it comes out to what u have left in weeks
(or close) then most likely it is right!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:25 PM

36 posts, read 56,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Eh, I got that too. Although that was the only letter I got. I'm still waiting on the EB letter. That'd be nice.

My big concern is that I successfully filed on Sunday, yet there's still nothing showing up in my account nor is it marked in my online ESC account. I don't know whats going on there.
What do you mean by "successfully filed?" I filed sunday, and the system took my entry. BUT when I look at Benefit Payment History, there is no payment for this week scheduled. And when I look at Claim Profile, it says "Benefits exhausted." So what appeared to be successful for me at first glance, was not at all successful.
I hope we both (all who need it) get that EB letter tomorrow!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:27 PM

the WRAL story:
David Clegg, deputy chairman of the ESC, said Tuesday that the letters are part of an accounting procedure that flagged about 38,000 people who might have had problems with eligibility requirements in their second year of receiving unemployment benefits.

People who do end up owing money will be able to file for a waiver, Clegg said.
"This is not a bad thing. This is an administrative process," he said. "Sadly, it is one that is a little bit cumbersome because of the state and federal laws."

two things.
an "accounting procedure" flagged people that MIGHT have had problems collecting a 2nd year.
and
"this is not a bad thing."
umm....how is having half your benefit taken away, before any waiver or appeal is determined, "not a bad thing."

and, once again, the story has missed that little nugget about the 50%.

oh, and:
"but Clegg said most will wind up owing nothing once they receive all of the letters."

uh, really? taking 50% isnt owing?

Old 09-28-2010, 04:32 PM

31 posts, read 42,746 times
Yes after doing the math it is pretty close to the Max Benefit amount stated on letter. But will still see come Monday morning when I check deposit.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
all of the WAGE TRANSCRIPTION letters i have seen
related to the 2nd year that is being taken back

CHECK THE DATES for the year
they should be from 2010 - 2011

and should relate to the 2nd year

check and let us know
Yes, sorry thought I'd said this before. It is for year "begins 1/31/2010" which is my second year.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
the WRAL story:
David Clegg, deputy chairman of the ESC, said Tuesday that the letters are part of an accounting procedure that flagged about 38,000 people who might have had problems with eligibility requirements in their second year of receiving unemployment benefits.

People who do end up owing money will be able to file for a waiver, Clegg said.
"This is not a bad thing. This is an administrative process," he said. "Sadly, it is one that is a little bit cumbersome because of the state and federal laws."

two things.
an "accounting procedure" flagged people that MIGHT have had problems collecting a 2nd year.
and
"this is not a bad thing."
umm....how is having half your benefit taken away, before any waiver or appeal is determined, "not a bad thing."

and, once again, the story has missed that little nugget about the 50%.

oh, and:
"but Clegg said most will wind up owing nothing once they receive all of the letters."

uh, really? taking 50% isnt owing?
WBTV (Charlotte) did a lead story on the ESC overpayments just a few minutes ago. They mostly related the story of a woman who went through this about 3 weeks ago and was told it was an error on ESC's part; however this round she has been told she owes $5,000. The bottom line was ESC's statement that "this is a very complicated accounting issue," but that is all they would say. And, BTW, the local ESC head was "out sick."

Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM

has ANYONE received letters that they owed $, that also was allowed to file for weekly benefits, NOT had 50% removed?

this isnt for those that filed, but nothing happened. or Benefits Exhausted.

you got overpayment letters, you were able to file, and you got a FULL weekly amount.

anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina