Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 01:59 PM

18 posts, read 33,818 times

Advertisements

KC. Thanks for the reply.
But the lady on the phone on monday said I was not eligible for state extension. Because my first nie weeks I had a DQ. But today i get this letter. And I looged in to ESC and it is not showing anything processed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 02:02 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Good luck, KC, on your visit to the ESC. Sorry you had to stay up so late to fill in all the info!

I've been working on mine too, might as well show up with as complete a record as possible.

What classes are you taking? I'm in HIT (Health Information Technology) at CPCC in Charlotte. Mostly online, excellent program. Got WIA funding and last year we were "poor" enough so I now qualify for a Pell Grant.
Hi! I was prepared to the "T" and lo and behold I was sent to the smallest little laid back office I'd ever seen(lol) It was quiet and semi-deserted.
I waited 5 minutes and then she called me up to the front desk, where I assumed I was to give her my paper and sign in ect...
She then told me (SHE) was my review, ha!
She copied my papers, the last 2 sheets, I think going back til mid May job search records., then she gave mine back to me (shock) and I stood there stunned...
She then asked if I needed anything else and I said well I suppose not, is there anything else I need to have documented and sorry my handwriting was sloppy ect.....
She said no, everything is fine and it's fine to have sloppy handwriting as long as I have address' on the pages.
I never once saw her look or ask for a more complete address or anything else, so I left.

Total time with travel, 30 minutes, lol!
I'm in Mooresville, Shanaymookie s in Charlotte...... Close by , howevre a world of difference for the review process.
Goodluck to you tomorrow, I'll look forward to hearing your experience.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Good luck, KC, on your visit to the ESC. Sorry you had to stay up so late to fill in all the info!

I've been working on mine too, might as well show up with as complete a record as possible.

What classes are you taking? I'm in HIT (Health Information Technology) at CPCC in Charlotte. Mostly online, excellent program. Got WIA funding and last year we were "poor" enough so I now qualify for a Pell Grant.
Sounds like we're in related job fields.
I have been in nursing pretty much my whole adult life .
Now in my early fabulous fifties ,laid off and I have a sight disability
(very minor) that I know in my heart is keeping me from getting any jobs related to my field. Unfortunately this follows on my record in my job search.
I was turned down at 11 am today for a med file clerk position at
NE med center and I had 2 excellent in hosp ref's... very disheartening.
I recieved an email that they chose another "candidate"

So, I'm back in classes for med/ transcription, hoping that this will make me a little more marketable
I did get a pell grant , as my husband is disabled and I'm pretty much our main finacial source.
I also have one online class and one I attend on Monday afternoons. So far I'm really liking it!
Goodluck to you on your claases also

Old 06-30-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
KC. Thanks for the reply.
But the lady on the phone on monday said I was not eligible for state extension. Because my first nie weeks I had a DQ. But today i get this letter. And I looged in to ESC and it is not showing anything processed.
Now that's strange, hmmm.......
I know we're NOT supposed to get EB if we have had any disqualifications., I'd call straight back!
I know I got EB and didn't think i was eligible for it and I wouldn't certify until they showed me on the screen I could use it, ha!
I knew they'd slap me with an overpayment. I went to my local office where I could talk with somebody face to face., you may want to do that?
I didn't have any disqualifications, I have no idea why you got that letter(?)

I'd take that letter to your local office and get to the bottom of it all.
So The letter definately says (EB)???> whew!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 PM

18 posts, read 33,818 times
Default letter monitary determination extended benefits (EB)

letter monitary determination extended benefits (EB) That's what it say on the header. I will call them tomorrow and then go to the office if need be. Do you think I can hold them to the letter? I can email mail the letter to you to look at? Never mind I just sent it to you as a private message
Thanks!
Tayte

Last edited by tayte2003; 06-30-2010 at 02:44 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
letter monitary determination extended benefits (EB) That's what it say on the header. I will call them tomorrow and then go to the office if need be. Do you think I can hold them to the letter? I can email mail the letter to you to look at? Never mind I just sent it to you as a private message
Thanks!
Tayte
I just got your message and replie
However , I'm fairly certain that No, you can't hold them to the letter, it may have beens sent in error(unfortunately)
I know many people have posted here that have gotten up to 5 letters in one day all saying different things,

Honestly though , this is the first time I've seen or heard of an EB letter explaining your benefits due to you in that much detail being wrong...?
You'd think since you've just starting out on UI benefits and having to wait 9 weeks due to your disqualification, that would've stuck out like a sore thumb before that letter was sent.
I'll be eager to hear what they tell you!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM

616 posts, read 1,752,698 times
Whew, thank you KC. I spent time today also going back and trying to print out every ad online that was on my list. So hopefully they'll be happy with my package of papers.

Glad you didn't have to spend a ton of time or be "interrogated". Mine is in Gaston County which is usually pretty low key.

I can just see you, standing there, waiting to be told "OK, now let's go over every detail!" and instead you're free to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Hi! I was prepared to the "T" and lo and behold I was sent to the smallest little laid back office I'd ever seen(lol) It was quiet and semi-deserted.
I waited 5 minutes and then she called me up to the front desk, where I assumed I was to give her my paper and sign in ect...
She then told me (SHE) was my review, ha!
She copied my papers, the last 2 sheets, I think going back til mid May job search records., then she gave mine back to me (shock) and I stood there stunned...
She then asked if I needed anything else and I said well I suppose not, is there anything else I need to have documented and sorry my handwriting was sloppy ect.....
She said no, everything is fine and it's fine to have sloppy handwriting as long as I have address' on the pages.
I never once saw her look or ask for a more complete address or anything else, so I left.

Total time with travel, 30 minutes, lol!
I'm in Mooresville, Shanaymookie s in Charlotte...... Close by , howevre a world of difference for the review process.
Goodluck to you tomorrow, I'll look forward to hearing your experience.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:02 PM

23 posts, read 40,920 times
KC~Carolina,
I'm happy to hear your review was uneventful! I'm sorry you stayed up so late working on that. Your experience sounds like the first 3 of my eligibility reviews, individualized, simple, very little perusing of work records. Yes, I am getting EB and have been for 14 weeks (eligible for total of 18). Strange how Charlotte changed all of a sudden. I figured I owed it to you to be safe than sorry, since my first reply to you was that it was so simple. Being in a conference room with a group and trying to remember specifics of how I filed was stressful. I'm sorry if others of you went to trouble too. Just wonder if Charlotte is setting the stage for other cities. Sounds like you went "Whew" when yours was nothing like mine. Better to be safe than sorry, I suppose.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:36 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,698 times
Quote:
Now that's strange, hmmm.......
I know we're NOT supposed to get EB if we have had any disqualifications., I'd call straight back!
I know I got EB and didn't think i was eligible for it and I wouldn't certify until they showed me on the screen I could use it, ha!
I knew they'd slap me with an overpayment. I went to my local office where I could talk with somebody face to face., you may want to do that?
I didn't have any disqualifications, I have no idea why you got that letter(?)

I'd take that letter to your local office and get to the bottom of it all.
So The letter definately says (EB)???> whew!
Quote:
Thanks!
Tayte
Quote:
I just got your message and replie
However , I'm fairly certain that No, you can't hold them to the letter, it may have beens sent in error(unfortunately)
I know many people have posted here that have gotten up to 5 letters in one day all saying different things,

Honestly though , this is the first time I've seen or heard of an EB letter explaining your benefits due to you in that much detail being wrong...?
You'd think since you've just starting out on UI benefits and having to wait 9 weeks due to your disqualification, that would've stuck out like a sore thumb before that letter was sent.
I'll be eager to hear what they tell you!
That EB letter that you received was simply a monetary determination, saying that you MONETARILY qualify for EB. However, due to your disqualification, you would not be able to collect the EB.

This is similar to the monetary determination letter you get at the beginning of your claim which states that you're MONETARILY eligible for Unemployment Insurance. Even folks that have a quit or a fire issue on their claim receive that same monetary determination letter after they file their claim. Doesn't mean they automatically get benefits, their claims still have to be adjudicated. But it tells them what they would qualify for IF their claim is approved. In your case, it tells you what you may be eligible for IF you are otherwise eligible.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanayamookie View Post
KC~Carolina,
I'm happy to hear your review was uneventful! I'm sorry you stayed up so late working on that. Your experience sounds like the first 3 of my eligibility reviews, individualized, simple, very little perusing of work records. Yes, I am getting EB and have been for 14 weeks (eligible for total of 18). Strange how Charlotte changed all of a sudden. I figured I owed it to you to be safe than sorry, since my first reply to you was that it was so simple. Being in a conference room with a group and trying to remember specifics of how I filed was stressful. I'm sorry if others of you went to trouble too. Just wonder if Charlotte is setting the stage for other cities. Sounds like you went "Whew" when yours was nothing like mine. Better to be safe than sorry, I suppose.
I'm VERY thankful you gave me a heads up and yes your right, BETTER safe than sorry
I was prepared either way.,but must say I felt like bricks off my shoulders when I left there today> ha!
I used to work 3rd shift for years, so I've always been a nightowl anyway I'll be ready again next time just in case they have the "conference" room scenario
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina