Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 05:02 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
That EB letter that you received was simply a monetary determination, saying that you MONETARILY qualify for EB. However, due to your disqualification, you would not be able to collect the EB.

This is similar to the monetary determination letter you get at the beginning of your claim which states that you're MONETARILY eligible for Unemployment Insurance. Even folks that have a quit or a fire issue on their claim receive that same monetary determination letter after they file their claim. Doesn't mean they automatically get benefits, their claims still have to be adjudicated. But it tells them what they would qualify for IF their claim is approved. In your case, it tells you what you may be eligible for IF you are otherwise eligible.
Well that clarifies that question then
Makes sense why she got the letter and nothing showed up in her calims profile like mine did the day before my letter came.
I didn't know they'd send an EB letter in that circumstance, disheartening for those who recieve it then find out , OOps you could've had it but Nope you can't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 05:24 PM

23 posts, read 40,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I'm VERY thankful you gave me a heads up and yes your right, BETTER safe than sorry
I was prepared either way.,but must say I felt like bricks off my shoulders when I left there today> ha!
I used to work 3rd shift for years, so I've always been a nightowl anyway I'll be ready again next time just in case they have the "conference" room scenario
KC~Carolina,

You have the right attitude! I really do apologize for alarming you or anyone else. When you're conscientious, it feels like you can never be prepared enough and I felt I owed it to you. If you were a 3rd shifter, my hats off to ya!!! You can breathe easy tonight. Wonder if JDLR has any insight as to why the differences among offices.

JDLR, any insight?

Old 06-30-2010, 05:47 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanayamookie View Post
KC~Carolina,

You have the right attitude! I really do apologize for alarming you or anyone else. When you're conscientious, it feels like you can never be prepared enough and I felt I owed it to you. If you were a 3rd shifter, my hats off to ya!!! You can breathe easy tonight. Wonder if JDLR has any insight as to why the differences among offices.

JDLR, any insight?
No, no insight really. Other things differ among offices as well - to name two: claim filing methods (by appointment or walk-in, days of the week) and the RES program orientations/assessments. Just luck of the draw, I guess.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Whew, thank you KC. I spent time today also going back and trying to print out every ad online that was on my list. So hopefully they'll be happy with my package of papers.

Glad you didn't have to spend a ton of time or be "interrogated". Mine is in Gaston County which is usually pretty low key.

I can just see you, standing there, waiting to be told "OK, now let's go over every detail!" and instead you're free to go!

Wow, sounds like your prepared(ha!)
LOL>You've sure got me pegged!
I did exactly that, I just stood there waiting for something to happen...
and Zip, nadda, nothin, so I was on my merry little way

I wonder if she went back and shredded my papers, >>>hmmmm
Well after I left I decided to celebrate and splurge on a large coffee at the local gas station
Now back to reality, watching c-span for updates and reading congressional news online

Old 06-30-2010, 08:04 PM

4 posts, read 6,732 times
Quote:
If you do not qualify for NEW extensions in your 2nd benefit year, then they would do a "pull forward" to bring your unused EUC from your 1st benefit year into your 2nd benefit year for you to draw. When they do the pull forward, they'll also bring with it the old benefit amount you were receiving in the 1st benefit year.

You are not eligible for EB (Extended Benefits) if you've received regular UI in your 2nd benefit year.
Can you tell me how you will know if a pull forward will be done? I finished my 16 weeks of benefits this week. I know that you state pull forwards are usually done on Tuesdays, so should that be Tuesday of next week?

My claim now is from 2/28/10 - 2/26/11 and states Benefits Exhausted, but I was only 3 weeks into Tier II when I filed for my 2nd year.

Thank you.

Joi

Old 06-30-2010, 08:10 PM

23 posts, read 40,910 times
Quote:
No, no insight really. Other things differ among offices as well - to name two: claim filing methods (by appointment or walk-in, days of the week) and the RES program orientations/assessments. Just luck of the draw, I guess.
JDLR,

As always, we appreciate your insight and expertise. You've made this process so much easier to tolerate with your objective, informative feedback. Somehow, you mange to keep the frustrating emotions out of everything and state facts. We all think you have SO MANY GIFTS and have a THANKLESS job. We thank you, nonetheless, for your honesty, information and ability to be forthcoming.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanayamookie View Post
JDLR,

As always, we appreciate your insight and expertise. You've made this process so much easier to tolerate with your objective, informative feedback. Somehow, you mange to keep the frustrating emotions out of everything and state facts. We all think you have SO MANY GIFTS and have a THANKLESS job. We thank you, nonetheless, for your honesty, information and ability to be forthcoming.
Jdljr,
As always ((((DITTO)))

Old 06-30-2010, 11:44 PM

18 posts, read 33,807 times
Default Harry reid voted Nay!!!!!!game by design.

So Ben Nelson screwed us!!

WASHINGTON – For the third time in as many weeks, Senate Republicans on Wednesday successfully filibustered a bill to continue providing [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]unemployment [COLOR=#366388 !important]checks[/color][/color][/color] to millions of people.
But this time, since the slimmed-down measure attracted two Republican votes, its passage seems assured next month once a replacement is in place for Sen. Robert C. Byrd, D-W.Va., who died on Monday.
[COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]Senate [COLOR=#366388 !important]Majority [/color][COLOR=#366388 !important]Leader [/color][COLOR=#366388 !important]Harry [/color][COLOR=#366388 !important]Reid[/color][/color][/color], D-Nev., a supporter of the bill, had to vote "nay" to take a procedural step that would allow for a revote. Even though the tally stood at 58-38, Democrats were in reality just one vote short of the 60 needed to beat the filibuster. Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska was the sole Democrat against the bill

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
I posted this in one of the threads of the Unemployment thread, but I feel it's pretty relevant here as well...

So, what is the reason (besides Byrd's service) that the Senate can't work on this tomorrow? So they can skip town and leave early for their 11 day break?

Someone remind me again...these vultures in Washington, they're still supposed to work for us, right? That didn't change.......right?

They're like really bad college fratboys just itchin to get out to Daytona for Spring Break. Get all drunk and wasted with their parent's (taxpayer's) money...blow off a few professors yellin, "WOOOOOO!!! SPRING BREAK BABY!!!! YEAAAAAHHH!!!"

Being a Senator or Representative should be the most difficult job in America. It should be a job where they actually fear the American people...not treat them like game pieces in a game of political power. It should be a job where you're held accountable for your actions...whether you lie, cheat, steal, or break the law...you will need to answer to and pay for your actions. It should be a job with limits...term limits, that is. I think our congressmen and women are way too comfortable where they're at right now and they get away with way too much. Something will need to change. And I'm sure we could just replace a good percentage of them...but look at who you're electing in their place...the same damn people. It just sickens me how these people of power treat the ones they're supposed to represent.

I'm sure majority in this country have sympathy for the unemployed. Sure, there is abuse out there and I'd love to develop a way of stopping it, because those individuals are making us ALL look bad to the general working public. But I think people understand that cutting benefits to millions will ultimately bury this country. So, deep down, I know something will eventually get passed. But, it didn't have to come to this. The republicans made it clear from the start that they didn't want to tack on more debt. They weren't voting for it. Pull it from somewhere else, like the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2009 (AKA stimulus) which still has billions of dollars just waiting to be spent. But Harry Reid has refused to budge, all the while blaming it solely on the Republicans. Now, he'll end up getting the votes he wanted when Byrd's replacement is sworn in...but he has also driven the benefit-less unemployed through the mud along the way.

This is all rather sickening.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:10 AM

193 posts, read 285,872 times
wanted to give an update since you guys were a big help.

I kept calling and calling and calling NCESC Remote services and had so many people tell me i couldn't pull forward the money from my 1st benefit yr (not sure why) .. so I emailed a very nice lady. She sent my request over to a supervisor and before he even emailed me back I was paid for 3 weeks. My only issue now is the overpayment notice I was issued. I spoke with the lady and we went over everything and she said "you're right. U weren't overpaid. I'll talk with my supervisor and call you back." No call back yet and I called her today. They've already taken their money.. but I don't think it'll be that hard to get it back.

It's crazy that you have to fight so much to get what is rightfully yours. I mean, everyone has hard times...especially these days. BUT things are looking up. Family comes first, as always, so I'm taking a job here on base soon which pays a lot less than I used to make BUT it beats spending hours and hours on the phone with NCESC.. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina