Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 01:27 PM

39 posts, read 73,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
If you don't qualify for a new (2nd) benefit year because you haven't returned to work during your first benefit year and earned at least 6x the average weekly wage, then when you file for your 2nd benefit year a "dummy" benefit year will be set up for you and any unused extension money from your 1st benefit year will be transferred to your dummy benefit year. But in this case, the payment may be delayed until programming is done in our system for these cases. You'd really need to contact ESC to get an accurate picture of what's going on with your claim.
any way for them over the phone to manually do the pull forward or do we just have to wait indefinitely for the computers to decide when they will reset?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 02:41 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasMouse View Post
On Thursday (three days ago) I received a call from the manager of my branch of the ESC who told me that the programming was fixed and when I checked my debit card the money I had been waiting for was there. But today when I filed for benefits, it stated that the money would be held because of a "past disqualification". These words were in someone else's message that got the same thing "can not be processed for payment because of a prior disqualification". There is only one disqualification I can think of and that's this benefit year thing again. Does this "new legistration" that was stated in the messages above mine stop me from now getting the money that has already been made available to me in my 2nd benefit "dummy" year and my second tier? According to my letter I have until August before the 2nd tier's pot of money runs out. And thank you so much for you help. It's a godsend for us.
You may get that message every week when you file, and it may still release payment even if you get that message, I'm not sure. Without being able to actually see what's going on with your claim, it's hard for me to say why it is you're getting that message. I wouldn't know what your claim has set up for, what was paid last week, etc.

Anyone that exhausted their Tier 1, 2 or 3 EUC benefits yesterday is not eligible for anymore EUC until the Senate takes up the legislation to extend the program. You might have the money sitting there waiting...but you're waiting for the Senate to act and extend the EUC program before you can get anymore of it.

You may want to visit your local office and have them explain (show) to you where you are in the process, what you're waiting for, what's happening with your claim, etc.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboss View Post
mine says the same thing, cannot be processed due to a prior disqualification.

it still hasn't pulled my EUC from last year yet i guess.
...and won't until Raleigh gets the programming done for this.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboss View Post
any way for them over the phone to manually do the pull forward or do we just have to wait indefinitely for the computers to decide when they will reset?
It's an internal programming issue. Have to wait for them to get the programming finished.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:23 PM

8 posts, read 16,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
You may get that message every week when you file, and it may still release payment even if you get that message, I'm not sure. Without being able to actually see what's going on with your claim, it's hard for me to say why it is you're getting that message. I wouldn't know what your claim has set up for, what was paid last week, etc.

Anyone that exhausted their Tier 1, 2 or 3 EUC benefits yesterday is not eligible for anymore EUC until the Senate takes up the legislation to extend the program. You might have the money sitting there waiting...but you're waiting for the Senate to act and extend the EUC program before you can get anymore of it.

You may want to visit your local office and have them explain (show) to you where you are in the process, what you're waiting for, what's happening with your claim, etc.
Thank you. If I don't get any money tomorrow afternoon I'll call my branch again and see what they can do. Apparently the programming is done for people in my area. Thank you so much for your time. I hope you're getting some kind of compensation for all the work you do on this site, weekends, nights, wow. Thanks again.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasMouse View Post
Thank you. If I don't get any money tomorrow afternoon I'll call my branch again and see what they can do. Apparently the programming is done for people in my area. Thank you so much for your time. I hope you're getting some kind of compensation for all the work you do on this site, weekends, nights, wow. Thanks again.
i mean, i don't know if some 'magic' is supposed to happen

but my benefit payment history is still completely blank. i highly doubt any money is going to go to my account without it first showing up on the unemployment site as being paid.

i don't think there is a policy that says the ESC (government) does not have to honor the law because they can't program fast enough.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 AM

so i called a local office and confirmed, its a programming issue.

Seeing as i worked at a software company, with near 99% certainty i can explain why.

first off ANY WAY the state can delay, they will, cause they money they're giving us, is all on loan already.

reason 2, congress will most likely vote the new extension in place. Programmers, are lazy, because they think they are god.

so, to be clever, they don't want to "fix" this current programming issue because if congress passes the extensions they will have to "fix" that too.

make sense? Do it all at once. Why run two new codes when you can bundle save time, make thousands of people needlessly suffer, and abuse the phone CSR's.

so guess what? just like the lady said over the phone "NO ONE knows when the programming will be fixed and you just have to suffer and wait until then"

so the 'programmers' are sitting back with their fingers on the "initiate code" button, and the phones are RINGING OFF THE HOOK

the lady LITERALLY BEGGED me to contact her superiors to complain about this process because she admitted to me that the NCESC system is a mystery even to the people running it.

oh and she threw in that 'rumor' too that "the programming was fixed in some AREAS so you may get benefits back any time now

i've heard, and seen it all now, and this is like, the ONLY problem i've had with ESC for an entire year.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 AM

What makes North Carolina programmers so INFERIOR, just read this from here;

Federal unemployment extensions expire beginning June 6, 2010 | The AroundFortWayne Blog

(INDIANAPOLIS – May 28, 2010) – The US Congress adjourned for its Memorial Day recess without reauthorizing the federal extensions of unemployment benefits.
According to federal law, Hoosiers currently receiving federal extended unemployment will be able to finish their current tier of benefits (see below), but will not move to the next tier beginning June 6, 2010. DWD estimates approximately 13,000 Hoosiers each week will not have a voucher to file for benefits beginning June 6. All Hoosiers receiving Extended Benefits (EB) will not have a voucher to file beginning Sunday, June 13. Approximately 18,000 Hoosiers are currently receiving extended benefits.
Should Congress reauthorize these programs, it will require approximately two days to reprogram the DWD computer system and resume providing benefits to eligible Hoosiers. Updates will be posted on DWD’s website.

so that we have it straight, OTHER states can ENTIRELY REPROGRAM a new extension system in TWO DAYS, but NC can't fix a problem it caused on its own for "possibly weeks"???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????

Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 AM

well the "might or might not" is over

the system never paid, as it never showed, obviously.

failure

Old 06-07-2010, 11:00 AM

3 posts, read 5,681 times
Default benefits running out

hi there - everyone seems knowledgable on this topic and Im hoping you can help me out. I was laid off in October 2009 and opened my claim, but due to my severance package I was only elligable to begin collecting unemployment in January 2010. My money 'runs out' on July 12 2010 but my benefit year isnt up until October 19 2010.

I went to the NCESC office today and was told that there is no way for them to know if I will be elligabale for any extensions until my regular benefits are expired. This is very scary to not know if I'll have any income after July 12th, and it seems crazy to think there is no way for them to know if I'm elligable for an extension prior to my money 'running out'.

Does anyone know if I'll be elligable to receive an extension? If so, how much and for how long? If it's helpful to know this, I worked 2 yrs and 3 months prior to being laid off.

Thanks!!!
CandC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina