Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 02:18 PM

559 posts, read 1,467,574 times

Advertisements

I found this randomly...thought the base one was somewhat funny but the rest just offensive. I'm wondering who wrote it, someone on the base or a native? Never heard of the last one, though.

Minot, ND

Minot, ND is a rural town where everyone knows everyone's business, Walmart is the highlight of a Saturday afternoon, while at night it turns into bar on goings. Then there are the fat and fugly wanna be farm girls and guys who think that they are all that. This town needs to improve there vocabulary very badly. Everyone drinks alcohol like its water, they hang out at bars trying to get drunk enough to find an easy one. If you don't like to drink, find any strange at bars and work in the restaurant/hospitality industry, MOVE! save up your money if you can and become a refugee from Minot, ND
Get out of Minot, ND if you can.

2. Minot AFB An Air Force base located about 10 miles north of the city of Minot, ND. Many people resent the base and never wish to go there. Most of the people already there try desperately to leave and would rather be dead than to live there. Others however, like the quiet atmosphere and stay for many years. It's a great place for families with great schools and little to no crime.

3. North Hill D****er? Anyone who truly sucks and tries to make everyone elses life suck just as much as theirs does, or worse. Named after a hill that's on the north end of Minot ND on 83.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:43 PM

350 posts, read 571,093 times
Haha, nice.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:49 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,231,114 times
Minot ND...the most hated place in the United States Air Force.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:34 PM

467 posts, read 779,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some moron on UD
This town needs to improve there vocabulary very badly...
Kettle, meet pot!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:44 AM

559 posts, read 1,467,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
Kettle, meet pot!

Ha ha...I hadn't caught that. I hate when people can't use their and there incorrectly. And to and too. But sometimes I make mistakes, too, when I'm typing.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:36 AM

25,940 posts, read 18,937,421 times
Quote:
This town needs to improve there vocabulary very badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
Kettle, meet pot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by etjaipleure View Post
Ha ha...I hadn't caught that. I hate when people can't use their and there incorrectly. And to and too. But sometimes I make mistakes, too, when I'm typing.
Not to mention the grammar sin (singular vs plural). I didn't catch "there" at first. So that's two screw-ups with English... all while trying to be cute and tell a town to improve ITS English usage. Classic!

Ancillary note: I'm not throwing rocks too hard from my glass house--I make plenty of usage errors as well. But this IS kind of entertaining. I love it when a grammar/usage nazi goes off on someone else's language skills and winds up slitting his/her own throat.

Last edited by ChrisC; 12-22-2010 at 11:02 AM..

Old 12-24-2010, 02:38 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,365,014 times
I don't get you etjaipleure.

You whine about the jobs in Minot, saying they're low paying (when I know for a fact that there are quite a few jobs that are not...). Then you whine because you have a college education and there are no jobs in your field in Minot. BUT you choose to live in an area where there are no jobs that fit your qualifications then you whine about it. Now you whine about Minot again.

If you hate it so much why are you still there? If you hate it so bad why don't you leave? Why don't you go to a state where you can use your college education?

Old 12-24-2010, 09:08 PM

25,940 posts, read 18,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I don't get you etjaipleure.

If you hate it so much why are you still there? If you hate it so bad why don't you leave? Why don't you go to a state where you can use your college education?
Probably shouldn't speak for her... but... Reason: husband in military.

I disagree with her about North Dakota for the most part. But on the other hand, I understand her feelings completely. It would be sort of like me being forced to go to Florida for a spouse's employment. Florida is the LAST place in the world I would want to be (along with any other hot or tropical place). I'd be completely miserable. I'm in Utah now and that makes me miserable enough in the summer when the days are in the upper 90's or 100's for weeks and weeks on end. And the winter is usually pretty whimpy in the valleys as well. And there are TOO MANY PEOPLE here. Can't wait to get to ND.

etjaipleure is in the same boat, but the other way around--and if you don't like the cold and/or don't like the less urban setting, North Dakota is not a good fit.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,365,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Probably shouldn't speak for her... but... Reason: husband in military.

I disagree with her about North Dakota for the most part. But on the other hand, I understand her feelings completely. It would be sort of like me being forced to go to Florida for a spouse's employment. Florida is the LAST place in the world I would want to be (along with any other hot or tropical place). I'd be completely miserable. I'm in Utah now and that makes me miserable enough in the summer when the days are in the upper 90's or 100's for weeks and weeks on end. And the winter is usually pretty whimpy in the valleys as well. And there are TOO MANY PEOPLE here. Can't wait to get to ND.

etjaipleure is in the same boat, but the other way around--and if you don't like the cold and/or don't like the less urban setting, North Dakota is not a good fit.
I think it's all a state of mind. If you don't want to like a place you won't.

I lived in Utah for over 10 years, I love Utah. We moved to Wyoming and I was miserable, but it wasn't Wyoming. It was me. We came to North Dakota and I love it here. I've lived in a lot of places and more often than not if I'm miserable it's because I choose to be, it's not the area I live in.

There's always something to do as long as you're willing to try something new.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 AM

158 posts, read 306,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I think it's all a state of mind. If you don't want to like a place you won't.

I lived in Utah for over 10 years, I love Utah. We moved to Wyoming and I was miserable, but it wasn't Wyoming. It was me. We came to North Dakota and I love it here. I've lived in a lot of places and more often than not if I'm miserable it's because I choose to be, it's not the area I live in.

There's always something to do as long as you're willing to try something new.
I agree 100%. It's completely the state of mind that you choose to be in most of the time that defines your experience anywhere. I also lived in Utah for quite a few years and will move back there one of these days because I really liked it there. I now live in Los Angeles and it's completely different than Utah but I love it here as well, regardless of all the bad things people say about LA. In February I'll be moving to Minot and I'm sure I'll love it there as well.
The positive attitude is great lisan23, too bad more people aren't like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota