Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:39 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times

Advertisements

I don't know what to tell you, but what he's telling you and what SOS is telling me are 2 entirely different things. I've also discussed with other members of this forum via private message over the last couple weeks about their experiences with SOS Staffing and finding a job through them. None of them have oilfield experience, but they've had success when applying through SOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 01:42 PM

287 posts, read 688,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I don't know what to tell you, but what he's telling you and what SOS is telling me are 2 entirely different things. I've also discussed with other members of this forum via private message over the last couple weeks about their experiences with SOS Staffing and finding a job through them. None of them have oilfield experience, but they've had success when applying through SOS.
Well lisan23 , why dont you help fncypnts by letting your contacts in SOS know about her husband looking for job? Not like a personal referral but just tell her who should she talk to. Just sayin.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:45 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxTeller View Post
Well lisan23 , why dont you help fncypnts by letting your contacts in SOS know about her husband looking for job? Not like a personal referral but just tell her who should she talk to. Just sayin.
No problem, if it were me I'd talk to JoAnn. I think she's the branch manager there (she was working on the promotion when I worked there and was my boss). She's really nice and she also tends to be very honest so if there is something going on with her husband JoAnn would likely tell him what it is.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fncypnts View Post
we called the numbers in the shopper and the positions were either taken or no one answered and left a message. Staffing agency is next...... My husband is willing to take any job regardless of pay at least for the oilfield experience. He is a perfect candidate despite the no oilfield experience. It really has changed up here regarding those entry level jobs everyone snatched up already.
I dont think hes a perfect candidate and the only reason for this is because he only got CDL permit :

fncypnts : "He is 28, in great shape, has tons of manual labor experience, cdl permit, clean background and there willing to start work asap!"

Not even the full class A with endorsements.
He might have the right attitude but he needs to be more patient. Companies would rather hire somebody with no experience BUT with full CDL w/endorsements than a person without one. My 2 cents

Old 11-16-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
No problem, if it were me I'd talk to JoAnn. I think she's the branch manager there (she was working on the promotion when I worked there and was my boss). She's really nice and she also tends to be very honest so if there is something going on with her husband JoAnn would likely tell him what it is.
Thanks Lisan23. This is what networking is called.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:53 PM

49 posts, read 80,950 times
Thanks Lisan23 and JaxTeller. I will pass this information on to him.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:49 PM

8 posts, read 21,361 times
I live down here in Texas and was hired recently. We are starting off pay at 16.50 and hour and then bump up to 19.50 after training...so I dont know why they told him 10 dollars an hour...thast BS.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:02 AM

14 posts, read 31,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV_Racer View Post
I live down here in Texas and was hired recently. We are starting off pay at 16.50 and hour and then bump up to 19.50 after training...so I dont know why they told him 10 dollars an hour...thast BS.
RGV_Racer, which company are you working for? What's your position? How long was the training? Did you have to go through an agency? Did you have any oilfield experience? I'm looking into TX, less people are talking about it, maybe better probability for me to get hired since I do not have any experience whatsoever.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:13 AM

8 posts, read 21,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGFX View Post
RGV_Racer, which company are you working for? What's your position? How long was the training? Did you have to go through an agency? Did you have any oilfield experience? I'm looking into TX, less people are talking about it, maybe better probability for me to get hired since I do not have any experience whatsoever.

I have not started I start on the 28th of this month. Training is supposed to be 3 weeks. I went to BH job fair for the job and was hired on the spot. I do not hvae any experience in the oil field. Some guys were told they would start at 15.50 an hour and some of us were told at 16.50. My letter stated 16.50. So i dont know why but hope it wasnt a typo. From what I understand we will be given housing and per diem. After 6 months we will be offered to get our CDL. This is not what they told me but from a good source.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:23 AM

14 posts, read 31,201 times
Default I'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV_Racer View Post
I have not started I start on the 28th of this month. Training is supposed to be 3 weeks. I went to BH job fair for the job and was hired on the spot. I do not hvae any experience in the oil field. Some guys were told they would start at 15.50 an hour and some of us were told at 16.50. My letter stated 16.50. So i dont know why but hope it wasnt a typo. From what I understand we will be given housing and per diem. After 6 months we will be offered to get our CDL. This is not what they told me but from a good source.
Congrats! I'm assuming HB offered you an "equipment operator" position then? Please keep us posted with your training and housing, etc... I don't know what others think but $16.50 in TX is much better than $20/hr in Williston, considering the weather, housing, and living expenses. Maybe us dream chasers should look for oilfield jobs in TX rather than ND.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota