Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,092 times

Advertisements

BH does not hire roughnecks, floorhands or roustabouts because that is not the type of work they are involved in. Those are positions for drilling companies. ie) Nabors, Pioneer, Precision, Cyclone, Nomac, etc. BH has many divisions but the majority are for fracking and well servicing. That is why you only saw jobs for "operators" and mechanics. Same thing Halliburton, Schlumberger, Cal Frac, and Frac Tech are hiring for. Too bad about the job fair. Don't let it discourage you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:33 PM

589 posts, read 300,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesample View Post
Scot892 In our presentation the Recruiting Manager said that they "Baker Hughes" Would provide CDL Training.
Was that for non CDL drivers or was it for both non and current CDL holders?

Hopefully, they will clear it. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Kychlo, thanks for clearing that up. Again, I'm new to this so not too familiar with the companies. However, I have to say, after the presentation, I like the fact that the company is very safety minded and promotes personal growth. Either that, or they sold it pretty good. Only time will tell but I truely beleive, it's a great company to work for.

Just more info about the shift for anyone wants to know, the hiring manager stated, 3 weeks on 2 weeks off only in ND and 2 weeks on 1 week off elsewhere.

Last edited by scot892; 11-09-2011 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: ETA: there is no set 12 hrs or 16 hrs, it's just when the job needs to be done so you could work anytime on your on weeks

Old 11-09-2011, 07:41 PM

249 posts, read 645,284 times
scot892 - Guess you got in with your CDL... I'm sure they'll provide "their" driver training or a refresher... what you will be doing is working rigside as a pumping operator... they say you will spend 10-15% of your time driving the equipment you will use to do the pumping to the site... do the pumping... could take a few hours to a few days... and then drive back...

good luck...remember you can always transfer to ND in the spring or Summer for the bigger bucks... I would suppose

Old 11-09-2011, 07:44 PM

kychlo - the BH guy also told us they are looking to get into the drilling side to be a turnkey operation... they'll probably buy one of the small to medium drilling cos.... makes the most sense...

Old 11-09-2011, 07:44 PM

21 posts, read 38,857 times
Hubbie has manufacturing experience in extreme weather as well as using forklifts and things like that. No drugs and does not drink and no criminal background. We drove 118 miles to go to the job fair and he honestly didn't think he would be qualified but he was eager to work and he ended up getting a job offer. But after all of the crap that life has thrown into our laps, we are starting to see the light.

Last edited by fredn922; 11-09-2011 at 07:53 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 07:49 PM

79 posts, read 194,018 times
I absolutely like everything that the Recruiter said about Baker Hughes as far as the work, hours, housing, opportunity for advancement, the Benefits from day 1 and the Right to Stop the Project. It all sounded great until she said NO.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:56 PM

589 posts, read 300,063 times
Golfer... thanks.... I asked them about reimbursement for the hazmat and they said they do not do that. So, I stated they train new drivers, which I think cost more, then reimburse the hazmat fee to renew and he confimed that was correct. So, hopefully they will provide their employees a refresher course. I also underand it just driving back and forth to the site and it's only 10% of the time, hopefully it's a short distance. I also think you would have no problems finding something quick once you obtain your CDL. Good luck but you won't need it once you get the license as you will be in ND enjoying the -20 weather.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:57 PM

fredn922 - good luck... things are looking up for you... work hard and move up the ranks... so many coming and going... they'll be lots of opportunities now that he's got his foot in the door...

Old 11-09-2011, 07:59 PM

21 posts, read 38,857 times
Thanks golfer!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 PM

scot892 - Thanks... I'll get something soon... if nothing else but for my perseverance...

Guys keep us posted on your training and departure dates, etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota