Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,357,086 times

Advertisements

Glad you are back, Summering. Wondered if you moved to SC permanently and left the NEPA fold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 08:00 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Glad you are back, Summering. Wondered if you moved to SC permanently and left the NEPA fold.
Thanks well, Ya know how it is...
Packing, unpacking, painting, fixing......Running around for decor and paint colors.
Shopping for the new home.
I thought I'd never get back. LOL...
I will be in NEPA a lot, and I am sure enough to keep talking about it.
I think NEPA is a beautiful place. It will always be.
Hubby and I just needed a warmer climate amongst a few other things.
But, the loves of our lives live up North...so our hearts will always be here.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:08 AM

I was on another chatting site when surprise to me the green light came on......It wasn't a site like "Skype" either.
I was on camera for some unknown person! Please beware...But, I havn't seen it happen here on our City Data.
Later, this person said ( quite bravely) It was "nice SEEING YOU" Yes! In bold letters.
Quite freaky and unpleasant.......Just a fair warning......Keep your eyes on the green.
Some people get away with wrong, wrong, things.
( It is done somehow when you click on a spam and they have tapped into that...someway)

Old 01-14-2012, 08:01 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,865 times
That's why I use Linux, which is a lot less likely to be successfully attacked than Windows. Also, my webcam has a shutter that's always closed when not in use. If someone actually gets to hijack my webcam, they'll see....... nothing.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:18 PM

I happened to click on some funny clip ( I thought) for a pinch of a second the word scam was there. The clip never came up.....and I punched and punched the keyboard. No clip.....
It was then that the light came on. I was looking to the side and "something" told me to look up.
There it was green. I was in my robe. Early AM......bed hair.....not ready for a hacker.
But, yes....You learn as you go ........mine actually needs tape I think. I don't see an on/off.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:09 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,141,443 times
I have a piece of electrical tape that I keep my laptops webcam covered with ,, I dont trust anyone or any site online ,, If I need to use the camera ( almost never ) I pull the tape off and when Im done I put it back .. Big Brother is everywhere and there are weirdo's everywhere too ..

Old 01-15-2012, 10:42 AM

I know I keep swearing I will tape it. I should have after being caught in my PJ's ( and by gosh no makeup) So illegal, and I have always been too trusting. Especially of friends.......

Old 02-17-2012, 11:25 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Default Why can't anyone say anything nice about the area without being trashed, threatened

OK, Another thread has been shut down because apparently, it is inappropriate to say anything positive about this area - unless you were born here, or your Grandfather or father were. It seems as though it is bad form to,appreciate the area, promote progress, growth and positive change here - with out being torn to shreds! And ultimately, to have your post deleted!

There are people whose hobby is trashing NEPA. I am not sure why this is a popular pastime here, and why my enthusiasm for the area, is considered a threat. New people are thought of as a threat. Any progress is considered a threat. WHAT IS WRONG?

I am investing in this area in many ways - financially, emotionally, spiritually, and personally. I WANT to see the area succeed not FAIL. I see potential here, natural beauty, institutions of higher learning, and affordable housing.

I am asking people to join together to stop this nonsense!

I still feel that the primary reason for the existence of city data, is to help and assist new comers in their move to the region. Not to scare them off.
I was assisted this way, but many of the realistic posters, do not frequent the NEPA subforum anymore. Their reason? THE NEGATIVITY!

It is totally out of control and over the top.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
What's out-of-control and over-the-top is that this sub-forum was formerly a great place to come to for information related to the region. Now it's been overrun by a horde of doomers, one of whom recently reincarnated himself and then once I figured out who he was sent me a very vulgar, hostile, and very threatening direct message in which he cyber-martyred himself, acting like the best friend of two other members, before maligning the OP and our moderator before being banned---again.

I miss the regular participation of members such as sp2007, to570717, Jungle George, Pittston2Sarasota, memoriesbre, Summering (who still comes here every now and then), okaydorothy, Dawne, rockyy, CHS89, poconosmama, and many others who were assets to this sub-forum and who were likely driven away by these miserable cretins. I really wish NEPA had another venue for local discussions that wouldn't be overrun like this.

Back when I used to do my photo tours I'd occasionally spar with just one similarly outspoken member on this sub-forum while everyone else sort of ignored us and/or watched from the sidelines while eating popcorn and singing "Kumbaya" in the background. Now this sub-forum just seems hopeless, especially when compared to much more active and much more civil sub-forums, such as Pittsburgh's. People here don't just disagree---they get downright nasty. This sub-forum is likely one of the first places many people turn to on the Internet for relocation-related information pertaining to NEPA, and it's embarrassing that such juvenile nonsense is what they have to endure. It gives "outsiders" the impression that this region is inhabited by morons.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:26 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,825,178 times
This is a new sign being installed on I-81:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania