Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 AM

212 posts, read 502,133 times
add to this:

I do not even go to the walmart near it, if I do not have to. I rather drive longer... I hope that speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 07:22 PM

5 posts, read 13,370 times
i LOVE IT HERE, WE HAVE NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE IN OR AROUND OUR HOME. i ACTUALLY WORKED IN THE SECURITY DEPT HERE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS BEFORE BUYING OUR HOME AND i'M HERE TO TELL YOU WE DONT HAVE NEARLY AS MUCH GOING ON IN HERE AS OTHERS PERCEIVE. wE ARE AN EXTREMELY LARGE COMMUNITY WITH OVER 60 MILES OF ROADS. i READ SOMEWHERE WE ARE BIGGER THAN STROUDSBURG AND EAST STROUDSBURG PUT TOGETHER.....

Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerk6 View Post
i LOVE IT HERE, WE HAVE NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE IN OR AROUND OUR HOME. i ACTUALLY WORKED IN THE SECURITY DEPT HERE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS BEFORE BUYING OUR HOME AND i'M HERE TO TELL YOU WE DONT HAVE NEARLY AS MUCH GOING ON IN HERE AS OTHERS PERCEIVE. wE ARE AN EXTREMELY LARGE COMMUNITY WITH OVER 60 MILES OF ROADS. i READ SOMEWHERE WE ARE BIGGER THAN STROUDSBURG AND EAST STROUDSBURG PUT TOGETHER.....

You MUST be on GLUE ... Or Blind ... Pcp takes up 40% of Monroe County .. If your not part of the solution you MUST be part of the problem..

The security dept has a HUGE turnover of employee's and some of them have also been CONVICTED of robbing the same houses they were there to protect ... The only good PCP does have is the gates .. It keeps the people who know no better from driving into the GHETTO ..

Harlem is a Nicer place then PCP

Old 09-14-2011, 08:54 PM

734 posts, read 1,635,751 times
River, you've got to understand that anyone that lives in PCP is going to speak well of it. They don't want their property values to go any lower- as if they could! ha ha!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
I saw a few places listed for 30K in PCP and they were not trashed, I can see where someone might think they got lucky!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:47 AM

3,937 posts, read 2,338,527 times
This is an old article but I don't think much has changed with PCP. Or generally private communties in the Pocono region. Gangs Infiltrating Pocono Mountains Region - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 AM

3,937 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J5K5LY View Post
River, you've got to understand that anyone that lives in PCP is going to speak well of it. They don't want their property values to go any lower- as if they could! ha ha!!!
I just skimmed thru some listings in PCP. Those price points on some of those properties are very enticing. It is good to educate yourself before you make the plunge into the abyss

Old 09-15-2011, 12:18 PM

25 posts, read 58,550 times
The reason I asked this question was because of the prices I viewed in this area. My family owns a place in Brier Crest Woods and I didn't know too much about this area, we usually just hang around the Lake Harmony/Big Boulder area.

It looks like you get much more and nicer house for the money in the Tobyhanna area, I thought there had to be a reason for it. I did see all of the past posts and was curious if the general feeling has improved, looks like the word is still the same...stay away.

Thanks for all of the responses even though this has been brought up before.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
Two arrested after raid in Tobyhanna | PoconoRecord.com

Old 09-21-2011, 10:57 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I'd rather live in a box under a bridge ......
I'd rather live under a box on a bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania