Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 02:05 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Moosic mountain can be a loop if you learn the trails...These are not just hiking trails..You will be sharing them with bikes, quads and some jeeps...

Gouldsboro is off of 380 at the Gouldsboro exit...Its the range where the terrorists that were going to attack Ft. Dix in NJ trained....Its loaded on a dailey basis with people from NJ with semi and some full autos and no experience or knowledge of range safety or gun safety for that matter and if you question anyone as to why they are doing what they are doing you will be met with confrontation.

Archbald is the range I prefer and yes the metal roof sucks but thats why we have expensive ear protection isn't it..

where exactly is the range in archbald,and what would be the directions to get there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 03:02 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
Take rt6(casey highway) from Scranton north to the Salem rd exit....At stop sign turn right and head up the hill and you will see the sign on the right after the new construction...About 1/2 mile or so...Not far at all.....Once you enter the range area the shotgun range is to the left. The pistol range is right in front of you and the 50, 100, 200 yrd rifle ranges are to the right..

3 rounds in shotguns and rifles and no more then 6 per clip on pistols..You are not supposed to have loaded pistols holstered on range. Paper targets only on pistol and rifle and shotgun range is really for skeet.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Take rt6(casey highway) from Scranton north to the Salem rd exit....At stop sign turn right and head up the hill and you will see the sign on the right after the new construction...About 1/2 mile or so...Not far at all.....Once you enter the range area the shotgun range is to the left. The pistol range is right in front of you and the 50, 100, 200 yrd rifle ranges are to the right..

3 rounds in shotguns and rifles and no more then 6 per clip on pistols..You are not supposed to have loaded pistols holstered on range. Paper targets only on pistol and rifle and shotgun range is really for skeet.
thanks for the info and directions...I'll have to check it out....

Old 12-08-2008, 10:15 AM

Give it a shot and shot me a DM maybe I'll meet up for a suave afternoon at the range...

Old 12-08-2008, 10:20 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
I go to NYC and the NJ Shore for things to do.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 AM

411 posts, read 1,290,532 times
You know Dan that I am starting to dream about paddling the Lackawanna, Lackawaen and Lehigh already! Already have the first two weekends in May on the calendar..May 9 I will be up for the Riverfest again. Previous week is the Nelson Country (VA) Race. You ought to come down for that one. Nice river and great people. Let me know if you want to .

Well to add to the list, I didn't see cross country skiing. My brother and I usually ski at Tobyhanna State Park, but have skiied along the trails near the Lackawanna above the Simpson bridge towards Forest City. That is nice. There are usually snow machines along the trails there too so be careful. THink they are open for horses too.

My brother and I like to take a winter hike along the Lehigh river at the state park near Rockport.

Ice fishing is a lot of fun too.

I saw something on tv that caught my eye, apparently some folks set up a winter golf course on Lake Wallenpaupak when it freezes. They have the holes set up using discarded Christmas trees to mark tee boxes and the "greens" that looked like a hoot.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I go to NYC and the NJ Shore for things to do.
Born and raised in South Seaside.....

Old 12-08-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPA-x-pat View Post
You know Dan that I am starting to dream about paddling the Lackawanna, Lackawaen and Lehigh already! Already have the first two weekends in May on the calendar..May 9 I will be up for the Riverfest again. Previous week is the Nelson Country (VA) Race. You ought to come down for that one. Nice river and great people. Let me know if you want to .
The weekend before Thanksgiving was my last day on the Susq...Waiting till the weather breaks and then I'm back up there....Scouting for duck and geese....Too cold for fishing right now but we'll try and see if we can get anything in the deeper areas..

I'm looking for a reasonable drysuit for the early season lackawanna.....March/April/May run-off...

I'm trying not to let the cold keep off the river, but it is what it is right now......Not really motivated to ski or ride so hopefully this cold snap will bring in some ice and my buddy and I can get some climbing in this winter without having to drive to NH...

Still really just want to be able to paddle right thru the year.......

Old 12-08-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Give it a shot and shot me a DM maybe I'll meet up for a suave afternoon at the range...
sounds suave...I'll probably check it out more in spring/summer when the weather breaks...I hate shooting in the cold...

Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Quote:
Born and raised in South Seaside.....
Wish I had worked things out and stayed in NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania