Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 03:50 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,660,293 times

Advertisements

It does seem that the Commish is very confrontational with people on this forum. We all know how honest and and wonderful" left-wing democrats" can be. The liberals may just run this country into the ground.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:58 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
The liberals may just run this country into the ground.
When did Ann Coulter join our message board?! Can I have your autograph!?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:08 PM

703 posts, read 1,547,107 times
Quote:
It does seem that the Commish is very confrontational with people on this forum.

Healthy, vigorous debate!

Emphasis on the vigor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I don't care if the grass would have or would not have created jobs.
You don't care whether something in the stimulus bill.... provides stimulus?

That does seem to be the attitude of Republicans in Washington. Thank you for so honestly articulating that. It's more than I can say for the GOP's elected officials and operatives like Glenn Beck and the Fox News team. Frankly, the so called "pork" they cut out for the large part were the most stimulus-providing provisions in the whole bill.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:12 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,099,864 times
Quote:
The liberals may just run this country into the ground.

Ain't that the truth!

Lets be fair though....Clinton put this train on the rails and set it up for a wreck....Bush pushed the throttle all the way down and now Obama will make sure that he finishes the job that ole Bill Clinton started.

So we can't blame it all on the liberals but we can blame most of it on them.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:19 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
Austin's slice of stimulus is a flippin' waste of money (http://www.statesman.com/opinion/content/editorial/stories/02/05/0205frisbee_edit.html - broken link)

Here is a report from the Wall Street Journal.......I wanted to check out the facts on the
frisbee golf course that is in the stimulus package. On the front page of the Journal was an article about this 36 hole frisbee course going in Austin, Tx at a cost of 886,000.

I love you Austin, but something like that has to go on a back burner right now.

In the stimulus is an Eco-Park for Boynton Beach at 4.5 Milliion........Now I love Boynton Beach. I have spent a lot of time there. But, sorry Boynton........a park has to be on hold to.

In California they will build a non-leash dog park

In Lincoln, Nebraska 3 Million for an environmentally friendly clubhouse for a golf course.....

These above things are not going to save America. Its not even a step in the right direction.

Lets all wake up now and smell the roses.......The plan needs an overhall and it needs it quick.

Actually most of the news reporters agree......most of the financial reporters also.

Ok so now I am going to order my frisbees, from China at a dollar each, and head for that park....

Old 02-10-2009, 05:20 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
What's coming to Scranton, PA? A new Dave & Buster's? (Pretty, pretty please!)

Old 02-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Actually most of the news reporters agree......most of the financial reporters also.
Just have to shake my head at this one.

I'm not sure where you're getting this figure that "most of the news reporters and financial reporters" agree with your stated position-- whatever that is. News reporters don't necessarily have a good grasp of macroeconomics, and their coverage isn't driven by it either. Their coverage is driven by what's being said in Washington by the major players, particularly the GOP.

I think your stated position is, in a nutshell, that the projects in the stimulus bill don't provide stimulus. Yet you keeping listing projects that do in fact create jobs. Your National Mall project was the most egregious example of non-stimulus "pork" that was in fact stimulus. And now you're listing all these building projects that you personally disagree with-- on whatever grounds-- yet they still create jobs and provide stimulus-- exactly what a stimulus bill is supposed to do.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Drop the attitude with Summering. I don't care if the grass would have or would not have created jobs.

I would rather see the $200,000,000 added to the infrastructure part of the bill and our highways and bridges fixed across the nation.

I'm sure that the money could be put to a better use in our present economic mess, coupled with our aging infrastructure and school systems in the country.

We don't need to be sprucing up DC......It would take more money then they could imagine to do that. Those jobs would also be seasonal and short term while rebuilding our nations infrastructure will be a long lasting and financial as well as social windfall for this country.

And we all know how evil those republicans are right? Those democrats are the salt of the earth, especially those far left liberal ones.
Thanks very much.......and I agree with you.Weluvpa...
I don't have to defend that stupid move to add "grass," any kind of "grass" to the stimulus package. Everyone I know had a laugh at that...
I stick to my words, and follow the news religiously. So his well worded b- o- l -o- g- n- a.......didn't faze me.
Now off to have some fun around here.....

Old 02-10-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
So his well worded b- o- l -o- g- n- a.......didn't faze me.
Back-handed compliment, but I'll take it!

Love ya too.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM

Because you asked.........Lou Dobbs CNN
Neil Cavuto Fox
Stuart Varney.......Who I think is tops.....
( LOL........bologna, Pork......same family )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania